Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?…..yoga?…..lift weights? What’s your workout plan?

10.2 mile bike ride averaging a 'blistering' 9.09 mph. Which, is like fast - but different. 5X2 40" tires.

On return trip, heard two 80 yo's say 'hello.' As they not only passed me but, left me in dirt. Fyi, they were leisurely pedaling, no sweat.

Next a younger couple, pretty sure were stoned. Who Id passed a while back, while they were stopped. Passed me. The lady turned around and said 'you're doing great.'

I laughed and told her that Id just been lapped by Nana.

10.2 mile bike ride averaging a 'blistering' 9.09 mph. Which, is like fast - but different. 5X2 40" tires.

On return trip, heard two 80 yo's say 'hello.' As they not only passed me but, left me in dirt. Fyi, they were leisurely pedaling, no sweat.

Next a younger couple, pretty sure were stoned. Who Id passed a while back, while they were stopped. Passed me. The lady turned around and said 'you're doing great.'

I laughed and told her that Id just been lapped by Nana.
I cannot visualize “5x2 40 inch tires.” Please, expound.

I cannot visualize “5x2 40 inch tires.” Please, expound.
Apologies, took that from the manufacturer website. def confusing.

Id like to go tubeless at some point. But right now its simply serves no purpose as i'm not heavily into MTB trails. Trying to build endurance via Urban Assaults, before braving the other.

Right now i'm good for 15-20 miles before getting worn out. (on an urban trail).

My buddy wants me to try out South Holston Mountain trails. Says they're good for a newb. Trying to find time between jobs, and more importantly - teaching my three kids to ride takes priority.

Ultimate goal is to introduce my three kids to mountain biking. But would really prefer not to be completely out of shape myself🫤

Last edited:
Reactions: Tin Man
Apologies, took that from the manufacturer website. def confusing.

Id like to go tubeless at some point. But right now its simply serves no purpose as i'm not heavily into MTB trails. Trying to build endurance via Urban Assaults, before braving the other.

Right now i'm good for 15-20 miles before getting worn out. (on an urban trail).

My buddy wants me to try out South Holston Mountain trails. Says they're good for a newb. Trying to find time between jobs, and more importantly - teaching my three kids to ride takes priority.

Ultimate goal is to introduce my three kids to mountain biking. But would really prefer not to be completely out of shape myself🫤
If you're totally new to MTB, go to Loyston Point up in Norris. Two really fun loops, nothing technical, mostly rolling hills. Easy enough to learn on, super fun to pedal as fast as you can.

So….every damn thing froze over…..got the flu…..felt weak for another week or so….it’s been a month since the last run.
I’m old fat and slow.

So….every damn thing froze over…..got the flu…..felt weak for another week or so….it’s been a month since the last run.
I’m old fat and slow.
I gaurandamntee you I have you beat.

Got an ortho appt to look at my knee. Ugh.

Too much testosterone in my 20's, 30's, and early 40's. Stopped lifting in 2019. Want to get back to running. But will be a slog.

I gaurandamntee you I have you beat.

Got an ortho appt to look at my knee. Ugh.

Too much testosterone in my 20's, 30's, and early 40's. Stopped lifting in 2019. Want to get back to running. But will be a slog.
The worst thing I did was lift heavy when my kids were playing high school football. I’d lift with them. All my joint pain is likely associated with that. I’m on a body weight and yoga plan and have been for a couple years now. I wish I’d done this plan the entire time.

Any of you runners have any idea what this injury could be? My heel and arch of my left fool have pain that is generally triggered after I run or have a long walk/hike session. When I previous took a few weeks off for my shin splints, they healed up but this never fully went away.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Any of you runners have any idea what this injury could be? My heel and arch of my left fool have pain that is generally triggered after I run or have a long walk/hike session. When I previous took a few weeks off for my shin splints, they healed up but this never fully went away.
My heel and arch on my right foot are often tender after a run. if I wear good shoes all the time then it goes away in less than a day. If I don’t it can be miserable.

VN Store

Back