DucksflyinPAC Answer[ed] Questions And/Or Refute[d] Ridiculous Claims

like Tedford?
I don't get where you are going with the Tedford quote. If you are going to try to outflank me and then slip in how he was a Oregon Asst Coach before he took the Cal job, I will beat you to it. So what? Just look at his quotes of his players on that list. They never were a part of Oregon and they hated us. They admitted that no visiting crowd ever got on their nerves before, except Oregon. And btw, he might of been a former UO coach, but ask any Duck, Cal always played us hard, VERY hard. (probably cause he knew us well)

Sir, I have 3 advices: A)Click the link below and read the quotes from former opposing players/coaches/reporters-media all unbiased. B)Ask your fans after they fly back from the game. C)Ask your players what it was like to be on the field and have thousands of Duck fans only a few feet right behind and above them. I suggest C, but all are good choices. C is the best though because it is much louder on the actual field(which is in a pit surrounded by a large wooden wall all around) and they will not be able to hear much for hours after. And you can ask them directly how loud and intimidating it was.

I cant wait till Tenn people fly back and come on here and report such things to you all though. And even with us probably not going to have hardly any college students at the game(classes do not start until Sep 30th- as we are quarter system), and they are our loudest segment- as in all colleges, it still will be very loud in the stands, but ear crushing on the field for your players. And kink of like LSU, we are much more wild and louder at night, but still, even take out all our college kids, and a day game. It still will be very loud. And wait for your own fans to say as much when they get back... Or you can save yourself 4-5 days before they all get back and you can go to this link, as noted in point A) and read for yourself all the famous quotes of our stadium from visiting reporters and such that have been to all the countries other stadiums:

Oregon Gridiron :: Autzen Stadium Quotes

Phil Knight bought you a football team, so now you have to be the best at everything, right?

Look, believe it or not I've read about Autzen before. It's half of the reason (along with proximity to Portland) that I had hoped to make the trip. It's supposed to be great; it's supposed to be an SEC-quality atmosphere. But it is not supposed to be a magical torture chamber with superpowers. It's not supposed to be an order of magnitude beyond the Swamp, LSU at night, et al. I don't expect our players to come back awestruck, babbling about how they'd never seen anything like it before.

Reactions: 2 people
Oregon has 604 all time wins.
Kentucky has 580
Vandy has 573
UNC has 654
Cal has 637

These are your peers.

Tennessee has 801 wins
Alabama had 827
Nebraska has 856
Oklahoma has 831
LSU has 743
Georgia has 759

These are our peers.
Who cares about all time wins? These were by guys that are not even alive. Are you trying to do be like ND and cling to your ancient past and somehow think that translates that a present team cannot be on the same level as you, or even have a currently better program? If so, i would like to switch to Yale. They prove such a point the best with all their former Natty's, in ancient times,,,, but presently not relevant in the scope of CFB in America these days...

I don't get where you are going with the Tedford quote. If you are going to try to outflank me and then slip in how he was a Oregon Asst Coach before he took the Cal job, I will beat you to it. So what? Just look at his quotes of his players on that list. They never were a part of Oregon and they hated us. They admitted that no visiting crowd ever got on their nerves before, except Oregon. And btw, he might of been a former UO coach, but ask any Duck, Cal always played us hard, VERY hard. (probably cause he knew us well)

that was Tedford's response after playing Neyland for the first time. He had taken his team to Oregon twice before that and still said "We've never seen anything like that."

UT plays yearly in places like Gainesville, Baton Rouge, Tuscaloosa, Athens, etc. To think Oregon will be a shock is pushing it a bit

Who cares about all time wins? These were by guys that are not even alive. Are you trying to do be like ND and cling to your ancient past and somehow think that translates that a present team cannot be on the same level as you, or even have a currently better program? If so, i would like to switch to Yale. They prove such a point the best with all their former Natty's, in ancient times,,,, but presently not relevant in the scope of CFB in America these days...

Irrelevant? ND played for a national title last season

Out of curiosity, DucksflyinPAC, given your current success, are there plans and/or sufficient demand from the Oregon fan base to expand the seating capacity of Autzen Stadium?
Great question. We get it a lot. That is a very bitter issue with many Ducks. We want it bad, the fans. But the administration is holding us back. They are more concerned with keeping our long record of sellouts perhaps. There has been rumors of adding, but every year there is. But nothing seems to be on the for sure building plans yet. All just rumors. And it sucks for the fans cause they keep raising prices for tickets every year so high. The stadium actually was built to handle easily quite some additions. But for some strange and odd reason I think the admins fear us not selling out... Phil Knight has so much money, and he has built a new BB arena, Baseball, Athletic Complex(2 times), Law School, Library, much more,,,, and this is one thing that confuses us. They keep telling us they are considering it, but never do... Dont really know why...They probably know the Aliens are coming/end of world or something???

Weird I've been around for over 200+ Tennessee wins and I'm not ancient. Well, if 34 is ancient color me guilty.

I think a few guys from those times are still clinging to life, Manning, Foster. I mean they are old and no where near being top in the league at anything......

In the unlikely event Oregon gets 14 points behind Saturday-reckon stadium might get quieter?

Duck fans don't throw urine on opposing fans do they? Florida has been known to do that.
No, never, we are not like LSU with piss balloons ect... beer bottles chucked...The only time something will get through at our place is vs Washington and only doggy biscuits. They (UW)put little rubber duckies in their toilets for when we come to play them at their house. And well, we just figure they must be hungry, so some doggy treats get thrown at some of them. lol

Actually, we are known in our Conference to probably be the most cocky, do to all these recent years ect... But we are actually very peaceful people. Not one of your fans visiting us will get anything thrown at them, or anything bad. Only, a few younger ducks might be drunk-or high- and say a few inbred jokes, or SEC hate stuff at them just for being a SEC team. That is not a sure thing, only I tell people, it MAY happen. (and hopefully wont). But in tailgating, you will will find totally bend over-backwards totally hospitable people.

Reactions: 1 person
Weird I've been around for over 200+ Tennessee wins and I'm not ancient. Well, if 34 is ancient color me guilty.

I think a few guys from those times are still clinging to life, Manning, Foster. I mean they are old and no where near being top in the league at anything......

Eric Berry is super old.

Hey CALLMEADUCK guy: Could you do one alteration to your profile for me so they do not think you are me. Cause when they see your future posts they will think you are me. Perhaps go into your profile and add the blazers or such , or seahawks also as one of your teams, just to break up the difference between us for those not paying attention to our user names on the left- and our profiles look the same ect....

-Thanks

btw, i actually thought you were me, cause I made all those posts in a row, and yours was in the middle. And then I thought, wait, I never commented that here. I did several pages ago already.... and it ended up being a new guy. See my point?

Jesus, you mean to tell me you guys are gonna be sticking around here long enough to become a necessity to modify profiles? It's been said a lot of different ways. We play top 5 teams every year. Go talk to one of the pasties on your schedule. They might treat you like a rock star. We have been there and done that. You seem hell bent on trying to impress us with how great Oregon is, how nasty Autzen is. Please guys, we do this all the time.

Reactions: 2 people
Nothing is more cheesy then being a spelling policeman on a football board...

I'm not dogging you for spelling. I was just explaining to people that you're not unintelligent as evidenced by your poor grammar. Rather, you're manner of speaking (typing) suggests you are foreign born, so english is not your forte. I meant no disrespect to you by it and I am surely not nitpicking your grammar. I am dogging your trash talking ability; it needs work.

Phil Knight bought you a football team, so now you have to be the best at everything, right?

Look, believe it or not I've read about Autzen before. It's half of the reason (along with proximity to Portland) that I had hoped to make the trip. It's supposed to be great; it's supposed to be an SEC-quality atmosphere. But it is not supposed to be a magical torture chamber with superpowers. It's not supposed to be an order of magnitude beyond the Swamp, LSU at night, et al. I don't expect our players to come back awestruck, babbling about how they'd never seen anything like it before.
It is just loud in the seats, but yes, probably what you have seen maybe at times. But it is another beast on the field. And no one else can get down on the field, not without a press pass ect.... It's in a pit, and the noise stays there. Ie much louder down on the field. And probably in no other stadium are the fans closer to the opposing teams players. So in some ways like a top notch loud SEC stadium, but in other ways, way more special. Just ask your players when they get back. I am sure they will talk about it ect.... just ask...

And btw, Uncle Phil did not buy us a team. Nike does not pay our players. Nike only manages uniforms/gear. Phil knight and his wife do not pay players. They just have a fetish for building nice new flashy buildings. And it is their money, they can do what they want. And oddly, if you look at the stats of boosters giving money, we are MUCH, MUCH less, FAR less then all the rest of the programs each year. I think I saw a stat were even little Washington has like 3-4 times the money donated each year to athletics then us. People think Uncle phil gives us all this cash each year. Nope. He just builds these incredible buildings, but then gifts them to us. And the sucky thing is they are super spendy to operate. And we kind of are struggling trying to find ways to operate them/pay to staff them...

Irrelevant? ND played for a national title last season
Excluding last year(and getting exposed btw as over-rated). Everyone knows ND carries this chest pumping elite snotty attitude more then any other program in the U.S. However, before last year, for many years they have been Nationally irrelevant, and you know it.

Johnny Come Lately. I rest my case. You were a bottom feeder program until you bought some wins and got a little attention and you come to VN and talk trash. Just know that when this Oregon fandom thing blows over you would make a GREAT vandy fan. Similar stadium capacity, similar fan base, not used to winning. You'd be a great fit.

In the unlikely event Oregon gets 14 points behind Saturday-reckon stadium might get quieter?
Being honest, no flame, no. If we were getting blown out by 4-5 TD's then probably. But it's just too ingrained in us that we can(and have many, many times the past 3 years) got way behind where hardly any other team out there could of come back, but we did, and not only come back, but blazed back. Go to youtube and type in, Oregon vs stanford 2010. There are many others, but that is a good one. I think we were down 3 td's or more with that one for a while. But we ended completely smashing them in quick order, coming right back. Remember, we can score in a instant. And there have been years where we have lead the nation in turnovers(like last year, I think #2 in 2010 ect). So just getting up by 2 TD's at end of 1st or 2nd quarter will not scare any fan, or any player. Watch our mood, on tv, of the players or coaches, if that happens, on tv and see. Not to sound cocky, but it was our past M.O. We are used to it in this system. Sometimes it can take a while to get the engine going...

Great question. We get it a lot. That is a very bitter issue with many Ducks. We want it bad, the fans. But the administration is holding us back. They are more concerned with keeping our long record of sellouts perhaps. There has been rumors of adding, but every year there is. But nothing seems to be on the for sure building plans yet. All just rumors. And it sucks for the fans cause they keep raising prices for tickets every year so high. The stadium actually was built to handle easily quite some additions. But for some strange and odd reason I think the admins fear us not selling out... Phil Knight has so much money, and he has built a new BB arena, Baseball, Athletic Complex(2 times), Law School, Library, much more,,,, and this is one thing that confuses us. They keep telling us they are considering it, but never do... Dont really know why...They probably know the Aliens are coming/end of world or something???

From an outsider's perspective, the administration would be wise to expand while the support and demand is present. All programs go through peaks and valleys over time; the traditional powers are designated as such because their peaks are higher and more sustained, and their valleys are shallower and less frequent. Tennessee is emerging from the worst 5-year stretch in the last forty years and it has definitely hurt us at the gate. However, once Butch has restored us to national prominence, Neyland will be selling out again.

As for the issue of all-time records, it is, quite simply, a fundamentally different perspective. Florida fans, in all of their smug condescension, have consistently tried to dismiss their backwater status during the pre-Spurrier era (before 1990) as irrelevant. Tennessee's history of success, by contrast, began in earnest with the hiring of, then, Captain Robert Reese Neyland in 1926. From then until 2001, after which the program began its slow decline, Tennessee was first in the nation in winning percentage (.73305) and 2nd in wins (589). See I-A Winning Percentage 1926-2001. When you have decades of tradition piled on decades of tradition, it is simply a different perspective than the "nothing-matters-but-the-present" attitude of Johnny-come-lately programs like Florida.

It is just loud in the seats, but yes, probably what you have seen maybe at times. But it is another beast on the field. And no one else can get down on the field, not without a press pass ect.... It's in a pit, and the noise stays there. Ie much louder down on the field. And probably in no other stadium are the fans closer to the opposing teams players. So in some ways like a top notch loud SEC stadium, but in other ways, way more special. Just ask your players when they get back. I am sure they will talk about it ect.... just ask...

And btw, Uncle Phil did not buy us a team. Nike does not pay our players. Nike only manages uniforms/gear. Phil knight and his wife do not pay players. They just have a fetish for building nice new flashy buildings. And it is their money, they can do what they want. And oddly, if you look at the stats of boosters giving money, we are MUCH, MUCH less, FAR less then all the rest of the programs each year. I think I saw a stat were even little Washington has like 3-4 times the money donated each year to athletics then us. People think Uncle phil gives us all this cash each year. Nope. He just builds these incredible buildings, but then gifts them to us. And the sucky thing is they are super spendy to operate. And we kind of are struggling trying to find ways to operate them/pay to staff them...

Did you not see PJ's post where Tedford said he'd never seen anything like Neyland before, after playing twice at Oregon? And Neyland is nowhere near best home field advantage in the SEC.

You sound like one of the turdly little kids in my son's 3rd grade glass bragging about how he's faster and stronger and better at video games and coloring and kickball than everyone else. Are all Ducks fans this arrogant? If so, at least it makes me feel a lot better about not being able to make the trip out there.

VN Store

Back