EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

How many random college kids have gotten a hold of the link/paperwork and tried to opt-in to the game? I would certainly try...could imagine having to vet 85 players on 130-something different teams?
That would be pretty funny if someone was able to actually do that

what system should I get? I’m old and haven’t done much gaming for the last decade, other than Madden on my PC

I also have a PC,but if you have a PS5,I'd go that route and get it on that. That's what I decided to do. That's the only two systems I have.

As far as Dynasty,I'm either starting with UNC (big shocker) or a mid major in the gutter and build them up. I really liked building up mid majors in the old college basketball games. A shame they're not going to make them anymore.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Also speaking of Dynasty, who do yall think I should roll with? I play dynasty coach based, I start off at a small school and work my way up to the Vols until I win back to back natties then I basically start a new dynasty and repeat the process.

I’m thinking one of these since they’re new to the game

Kennesaw State
Sam Houston State
Charlotte
Georgia Southern
Jacksonville State

I know there’s other new additions but they’ve actually pretty good programs lately so I’m out on App State, Coastal Carolina, Liberty and James Madison.

But it doesn’t have to be a new team, if y’all know a group of 5 team that’s just been terrible lately, I’m down for them as well. Maybe expect MAC schools, don’t really dig the MAC too much lol

If you have ps5 we could get a few people and do a small school dynasty that be fun, also a few others to consider Eastern Michigan, old dominion..

Reactions: whodeycin85 and UTK
I also have a PC,but if you have a PS5,I'd go that route and get it on that. That's what I decided to do. That's the only two systems I have.

As far as Dynasty,I'm either starting with UNC (big shocker) or a mid major in the gutter and build them up. I really liked building up mid majors in the old college basketball games. A shame they're not going to make them anymore.

I’m going to start one with Tennessee of course and another as a little school probably old dominion or coastal carolina

Reactions: Pennheel
If you have ps5 we could get a few people and do a small school dynasty that be fun, also a few others to consider Eastern Michigan, old dominion..

I do! thanks for the offer, definitely at some point i wouldn’t mind joining an online one. But first couple weeks will probably be soaking it in on a solo Dynasty.

FIU hasn’t had a winning season since like 2017 maybe and their logo is cool.

Arkansas State endured years of Butch Jones, could save that fan base from their misery.

Could use Georgia State, maybe the sign in their stadium from where they beat us will be in the game lol

Yeah I’ve played a Georgia State dynasty before but never again. No thanks lmao

what system should I get? I’m old and haven’t done much gaming for the last decade, other than Madden on my PC
If it's just for this game, whichever is cheaper.... but I think Sony is kicking Microsoft's butt overall this go around. Some great ps games right now.

I hope it has 85 man rosters. That was one of my biggest complaints about 14
Only if recruiting is good and they stop giving every decent player 95 ratings. It was busted in 14 that you could just get 5* that sat behind 5* at every position. 55 was still too much. That's why everyone used recruiting restrictions. It was too easy for the small schools and automatic once you got the prestige up over 4 pretty much. Unless you lost them week 1 you could pretty much sway anyone unless it was against another user.

Only if recruiting is good and they stop giving every decent player 95 ratings. It was busted in 14 that you could just get 5* that sat behind 5* at every position. 55 was still too much. That's why everyone used recruiting restrictions. It was too easy for the small schools and automatic once you got the prestige up over 4 pretty much. Unless you lost them week 1 you could pretty much sway anyone unless it was against another user.

I never had issues landing top classes, but I for sure couldn’t get anyone I wanted and often lost guys ever with having recruiting maxed out and giving them 700 points every week.

At smaller schools I typically had to rely on 3* or lower and a lot of jucos until I won a lot. But I’ve never been able to land anyone and would often lose a lot of guys

I do! thanks for the offer, definitely at some point i wouldn’t mind joining an online one. But first couple weeks will probably be soaking it in on a solo Dynasty.
I got you let me know if you want one I’ll be playing everyday for awhile once it comes out I’m sure lol, I’m just going to jump in online dynasty and learn on the go, curious how recruiting and the transfer portal will be like on there…

I never had issues landing top classes, but I for sure couldn’t get anyone I wanted and often lost guys ever with having recruiting maxed out and giving them 700 points every week.

At smaller schools I typically had to rely on 3* or lower and a lot of jucos until I won a lot. But I’ve never been able to land anyone and would often lose a lot of guys
...and I bet your 3* MAC team had multiple 5* by year 3. It was easy. Every dynasty (even the one on Volnation) used restrictions because it was really easy if you knew what you were doing. Plus, there were way too many hidden gem type players that never got recruited and would just sit until the end. They were easy to identify and all you needed to do was offer and they were yours.

Reactions: BisonVol and UTK
...and I bet your 3* MAC team had multiple 5* by year 3. It was easy. Every dynasty (even the one on Volnation) used restrictions because it was really easy if you knew what you were doing. Plus, there were way too many hidden gem type players that never got recruited and would just sit until the end. They were easy to identify and all you needed to do was offer and they were yours.

Yeah recruiting was way too easy in NCAA 14. I had to purposely limit who I targeted to try and be realistic. Hopefully they actually make it hard to pull in big recruits at smaller schools

Yeah recruiting was way too easy in NCAA 14. I had to purposely limit who I targeted to try and be realistic. Hopefully they actually make it hard to pull in big recruits at smaller schools
I’m hopeful based on some of the things that have been said. Deal breakers and such and I swear I read somewhere that the number of 5 stars per cycle was limited to like 35 or something? I couldn’t track down where I read it though.

oh it’s gonna be bad 😂 upset over rankings and it’s the least anticipated deep dive.
People will probably be pretty excited for the sights and sounds release. I’m sure they’ll be the idiots that get mad bc EA didn’t want to pay Metallica so that they could do the VT entrance the way they want. I’m pretty excited to for that release date . The other 3 days are going to be a bloodbath though. The toughest places to play and power rankings are definitely to be trending on twitter . It’s gonna fun no matter what. Neyland should be at worst top 10 though. Haha

VN Store

Back