East Tennessee Weather II

Here’s what I’m thinking

Plateau 4-6

Valley 7-9 (mainly Central Valley locations)

Mountains 10-12

A lot depends on where the more intense bands setup. Looks like Sweetwater to Knoxville is in the bull eye for this particular system. Could we see less? Absolutely. Do I think we could see more? Yes. So much can factor into how this storm is playing out. Models have been known to underpreform with QPF.

What’s 100% certain is that East Tennessee will have a snowstorm for the ages.

Here’s what I’m thinking

Plateau 4-6

Mountains 10-12

A lot depends on where the more intense bands setup. Looks like Sweetwater to Knoxville is in the bull eye for this particular system. Could we see less? Absolutely. Do I think we could see more? Yes. So much can factor into how this storm is playing out. Models have been known to underpreform with QPF.

If you’re right you’re my new best friend.

You mean 6? That’s what we got in HV.
16 inch drifts in my spot. North Knox got more than the other areas. I think East Knoxville got almost nothing. I actually took a tape measure out because I was in disbelief, and family on the other side of town though I was exaggerating because of the the disparity.

Reactions: hUTch2002
16 inch drifts in my spot. North Knox got more than the other areas. I think East Knoxville got almost nothing.
So crazy. I remember back in ‘96 we had 18 inches in Oliver Springs. Not drifts either as those were even bigger. Knoxville got hit for like 5-6 but nothing like we did just a few miles down the road.

Reactions: davethevol
You really think we will see 7+ inches in West Knoxville (as in Hardin Valley area)? Seems so hard to believe as it’s been decades.
I knew I liked you! I really need to add my LC as my profile pic. Maybe I'll get that done tomorrow.

Seems like it's been soooo long since knox really got hammered with snow. I was a sophomore at UT in 93. I was in a 1st gen 4runner at that time and we had an absolute blast driving through sequoyah hills down to cherokee park...drove all over town pulling people out of ditches and such.

Edited....dangit, I quoted the wrong post...I meant to quote mrorange's post...

I'm gonna be out in my LandCruiser too.

I'm sure Hutch wondering what the hell I'm talking about lol

Last edited:
Here’s what I’m thinking

Plateau 4-6

Mountains 10-12

Hoping for some good accumulation in big Soddy. Seems it always barely misses us. Will dump in ringgold and Dayton but just a dusting here.

Anyone else like a kid at Christmas? I love snow anyway but the fact this is potentially a massive storm is amazing. I’ve been really wanting one of these for my kids before they get grown.

Nope. Some of us have to be at work no matter the weather. And I work outside. I absolutely hate it

Reactions: hUTch2002
Anyone else like a kid at Christmas? I love snow anyway but the fact this is potentially a massive storm is amazing. I’ve been really wanting one of these for my kids before they get grown.

Oh yes! I get ecstatic about the potential of a good snow. Even as a nurse who has got to be at work no matter the weather, I absolutely love it

VN Store

Back