Electric Vehicles

I looked at our bills and electricity consumption, and the car charger has not been noticeable. Maybe $15-30/m, but very comparable to last year. Last month was actually lower than the prior July

It's quicker off the tongue than 'squished and heated remains of plants, animals and simple organisms'. You can find fossils in coal.

Which is another … wait for it… waaaaaaiiiiit for it…fossil fuel!!!

Well, here's a sample of what I'm referring to --

Deep-ocean vents are a source of oil and gas - Nature

"Undersea thermal vents can yield unexpected bounty: natural gas and the building blocks of oil products. In a new analysis of Lost City, a hydrothermal field in the mid-Atlantic, researchers have found that these organic molecules are being created through inorganic processes, rather than the more typical decomposition of once-living material."

"Similarities to other locales
The Lost City vent field shares a number of characteristics with the Prony Bay vent field near New Caledonia in the Pacific Ocean. Both are locations of moderate temperature which produce abundant hydrogen gas and methane."
Lost City Hydrothermal Field - Wikipedia

Honestly i think battery powered EVs need to be kicked to the curb and hydrogen fuel cell designs developed in earnest. The final electric drive is the same. The 1000+ lb battery pack is jettisoned. You still have to provide power for electrolysis but you install that at the hydrogen/oxygen generating plant. And I linked an article to an electrolysis plant that runs on sea water, not fresh, water the other day. Sea water… the most abundant resource on the planet and doesn’t require the current level of raping the planet with lithium mines.

"Undersea thermal vents can yield unexpected bounty: natural gas and the building blocks of oil products. In a new analysis of Lost City, a hydrothermal field in the mid-Atlantic, researchers have found that these organic molecules are being created through inorganic processes, rather than the more typical decomposition of once-living material."

The Lost City vent field shares a number of characteristics with the Prony Bay vent field near New Caledonia in the Pacific Ocean. Both are locations of moderate temperature which produce abundant hydrogen gas and methane."
Nothing in that link contradicts fossils as being the source of natural gas and oil. Not one bit. They merely point to a medium for their movement. Do try to read it closer and comprehend it if you can.

Nothing in that link contradicts fossils as being the source of natural gas and oil. Not one bit. They merely point to a medium for their movement. Do try to read it closer and comprehend it if you can.

" researchers have found that these organic molecules are being created through inorganic processes, rather than the more typical decomposition of once-living material."

" researchers have found that these organic molecules are being created through inorganic processes, rather than the more typical decomposition of once-living material."
That does not contradict fossils as being the source of oil and natural gas. They are after all the same chemistry. Do try to read again.

Reactions: AM64
I looked at our bills and electricity consumption, and the car charger has not been noticeable. Maybe $15-30/m, but very comparable to last year. Last month was actually lower than the prior July

Sounds good !

Thousands of EV's are being plugged in this evening across America, just down the streets from their local gas pumps and alongside their owners' battery-powered phones, drills, tablets and plugged-in pool pumps, exterior lighting, alarm systems, etc -- all getting along happy.

If you saw a max of $30 per month and you pay $0.1 per kWh then that says you charged 300 kWh. That’s around 3.5 “tanks of fuel” on your vehicle so that sounds completely reasonable. If your cost is less then you charged more. I’ll take your word for it on what you used.

ETA: KD the dollar amounts you’ve brought up multiple times aren’t in contradiction to any of the cost math that anyone has put forth that I’m aware of. Nobody has challenged the actuals you’ve put forth I believe 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Sounds good !

Thousands of EV's are being plugged in this evening across America, just down the streets from their local gas pumps and alongside their owners' battery-powered phones, drills, tablets and plugged-in pool pumps, exterior lighting, alarm systems, etc -- all getting along happy.
LMAO 🤣

1692582196733.png

Reactions: Carl Pickens
If you saw a max of $30 per month and you pay $0.1 per kWh then that says you charged 300 kWh. That’s around 3.5 “tanks of fuel” on your vehicle so that sounds completely reasonable. If your cost is less then you charged more. I’ll take your word for it on what you used.

ETA: KD the dollar amounts you’ve brought up multiple times aren’t in contradiction to any of the cost math that anyone has put forth that I’m aware of. Nobody has challenged the actuals you’ve put forth I believe 🤷‍♂️
I think our HVAC units pull about $400/m in the summer, but I like to be cold when I sleep 😅

I think our HVAC units pull about $400/m in the summer, but I like to be cold when I sleep 😅
I’d guess it pulls more. Well ours does in TX. I think numbers 1 and 2 for energy in your home are HVAC heating and cooling and then your hot water heater. If either is gas then you don’t see it on that bill. But for summer we all see HVAC regardless of water heater energy. We have five total fridges or freezers in our house. They use more combined energy than your charger also.

As a nation (as Vols or any nation), we ought to consider,

as to what good would this do to our neighbors, families, properties and economy as whole (including diesel/fuel pumps; diesel mechanics, etc) in such event. IMO, it's interesting that this type of forward looking thinking received any Likes.

These are just my opinions (based on past experience and education / reading and watching folks around).
I just added another Like.

That's not where we get our fossil fuels today or yesterday. Maybe one day those vents will be a viable source, but not so soon.

Reactions: AM64
That's not where we get our fossil fuels today or yesterday. Maybe one day those vents will be a viable source, but not so soon.

You're defining "source" as when obtained (present and past VS future) ; I'm referring to it as process ( by which makes the source-deposits, no matter when or where obtained).

To this point: so, you hold to my theory (in that, there is something else, besides "fossils" to be the source -- and if that's true, then it might can be understood that "fossils" are not the source).

So, you theorize that "a lot" of organisms were required to be beneath sediment, to achieve the Permian deposit. Could you speculate a tad more (e.g. 10,000 animials, 1000000 insects, etc) ...

Last edited:
Fossils cannot be the source when you believe the world is only 6000 years old.

You're defining "source" as when obtained (present and past VS future) ; I'm referring to it as process ( by which makes the source-deposits, no matter when or where obtained).

To this point: so, you hold to my theory (in that, there is something else, besides "fossils" to be the source -- and if that's true, then it might can be understood that "fossils" are not the source).

So, you theorize that "a lot" of organisms were required to be beneath sediment, to achieve the Permian deposit. Could you speculate a tad more (e.g. 10,000 animials, 1000000 insects, etc) ...
Oh I don’t theorize that Ronald. An entire population of chemists, biologists, and archaeologists theorize that based on the historical record of fossils they’ve studied in the earth strata.

That is good. I believe in the lineage and days 1-7 according to true Israel (as recorded by the prophets).
Oh I didn’t say you were right. Take that up with all those scientists and their published works.

Or better yet drop the distraction and get back to marketing BEVs.

One of my best friends bought a Tesla model S plaid. Fully loaded. Cost him over 120k. Had it for two weeks. It caught on fire and burnt the car and his garage down.

If only you could recognize all of your inconsistencies on BEVs now. 😂

"inconsistencies" ? For 250-350 mile local travels daily: Plug it in at night along with your smart phone, and drive, repeat (note: do recognize that long-distance travel needs to be planned out, for recharging stations).

"inconsistencies" ? For 250-350 mile local travels daily: Plug it in at night along with your smart phone, and drive, repeat (note: do recognize that long-distance travel needs to be planned out, for recharging stations).

I recognize that what I'm saying ^ there ^ could be problematic, according to what you're describing below ...

I have no idea. Equate it to the range of current EV vehicles and “normal” driving patterns. 15k per year would be 75 full charge cycles per year. But everyone plugs their car in each night so it’s ready to go the next day right? Which arbitrarily increases the number of charge cycles. Additionally you NEVER want to fully discharge a lithium battery or any battery for that matter. That also uses up battery life.

The clear takeaway away is your average American is not mentally equipped to manage the battery in their EV and achieve maximum battery life 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back