Electric Vehicles

"inconsistencies" ? For 250-350 mile local travels daily: Plug it in at night along with your smart phone, and drive, repeat (note: do recognize that long-distance travel needs to be planned out, for recharging stations).
Oh I’d love to see the data on someone driving 250-300 miles daily, locally even, on an EV, Ronald

I looked at our bills and electricity consumption, and the car charger has not been noticeable. Maybe $15-30/m, but very comparable to last year. Last month was actually lower than the prior July

Do you regularly or never charge to 100% / does your Tes have a buffer ?

You're defining "source" as when obtained (present and past VS future) ; I'm referring to it as process ( by which makes the source-deposits, no matter when or where obtained).

To this point: so, you hold to my theory (in that, there is something else, besides "fossils" to be the source -- and if that's true, then it might can be understood that "fossils" are not the source).

So, you theorize that "a lot" of organisms were required to be beneath sediment, to achieve the Permian deposit. Could you speculate a tad more (e.g. 10,000 animials, 1000000 insects, etc) ...
I don't know that the carbon emanating from the vents isn't from sedimentary deposits like those in the Permian Basin, so we can't say that I hold to that theory.
Use your noggin on how many of this and that. How many in a peat bog? Coal, oil, and gas deposits are pretty much processed peat bogs.

"inconsistencies" ? For 250-350 mile local travels daily: Plug it in at night along with your smart phone, and drive, repeat (note: do recognize that long-distance travel needs to be planned out, for recharging stations).
It seems that you're a serious proponent of EV's, and if I remember correctly from one particular Chinese company. From other posts it's clear that you really prioritize your religion.
The EV industry supply chain benefits the PRC more than any other country. When we get an EV, especially one from China, the CCP benefits.
The PRC is actively engaged in suppression of religion and the religious, as their aim is to have everyone worship Xi and the CCP above all.
How do you reconcile that?

Last edited:
It seems that you're a seious proponent of EV's, and if I remember correctly from one particular Chinese company. From other posts it's clear that you really prioritize your religion.
The EV industry supply chain benefits the PRC more than any other country. When we get an EV, especially one from China, the CCP benefits.
The PRC is actively engaged in suppression of religion and the religious, as their aim is to have everyone worship Xi and the CCP above all.
How do you reconcile that?
I’d love to hear him scream when he asks his thermal vent geophysicists how old the earth is.

Reactions: EasternVol
this is a great article to supplement this discussion...for those who might think that a megawatt is a megawatt regardless of source I encourage you to digest what they are saying when they state.....

The EPA didn’t consider the grid operators’ need for various grid services and attributes needed to maintain reliability, such as inertia, primary frequency response, reactive power support, system stability, system strength, frequency regulation, ramping, flexibility, dispatchability, black start capability, fuel and energy assurance, and extreme weather performance. Currently, those attributes are generally supplied by thermal power plants, according to the grid operators.

PJM, MISO, others warn of ‘significant power shortages’ from EPA’s power plant carbon rule

This is the reason regulatory agencies need to be axed or completely rebuilt. When the agencies are run by lawyers and manned by others who know nothing of the industry and what it takes to run an industry, you get garbage regulations produced by know nothings (garbage). In other words GIGO - garbage in = garbage out.

Yep. Those are the solid state lithium batteries and as batteries go they will aid the EV range and charging issue but it’s back to forcing people to use public DCFC stations to realize the charging rate increase which erodes the EV operating cost advantage significantly. Thus public charger peak power draw will get even worse. Remember that exchange we just had on the government not thinking things thru? 😂

What I have a hard time accepting is heat. Heat generally is an enemy to electrical/electronic components - including batteries. Faster charging means pushing more energy at a faster rate = higher temperatures. Hard to understand how that doesn't have a negative effect on battery life.

What I have a hard time accepting is heat. Heat generally is an enemy to electrical/electronic components - including batteries. Faster charging means pushing more energy at a faster rate = higher temperatures. Hard to understand how that doesn't have a negative effect on battery life.
Get out of here with your evil physics knowledge it has no place here.

From what I understand these battery systems have active integrated cooling subsystems to try and manage the heat which from what little Ive read on that specific topic isn’t trivial when you’re shoving Joules of energy in these not so little bombs at up to 350kW.

Reactions: AM64
Top 2 issues here:

1) Source of the electricity (nuclear)
2) Infrastructure update/addition

No matter what they come up with if they want a “clean” energy generation society then nuclear HAS to increase. Big time. And the idea of roads charging your car via shortwave or whatever they want to call it is cool and all, but how is that going to work when you don’t have the infrastructure?

Can't fix the nuclear power issue without addressing funding. Investors want quick returns which are incompatible with nuclear plant construction. Our short term thinking - I want it all and I want it now will be the death of us. Same issue with new refineries - time and uncertainty. No good to build a plant that government foolishness may kill at anytime. There's no assurance whatsoever that the government wouldn't mandate the shutdown of nuclear power just as they are doing with fossil fuels; if the plant cannot operate for the designed lifetime, the investor has no reason to invest even if he's willing to go for the long term investment ... which seems unlikely anyway.

One of my best friends bought a Tesla model S plaid. Fully loaded. Cost him over 120k. Had it for two weeks. It caught on fire and burnt the car and his garage down.
That's terrible if true. Where does he live? Did they determine the cause of the fire?

Get out of here with your evil physics knowledge it has no place here.

From what I understand these battery systems have active integrated cooling subsystems to try and manage the heat which from what little Ive read on that specific topic isn’t trivial when you’re shoving Joules of energy in these not so little bombs at up to 350kW.
Correct, there is an integrated cooling (and heating) system to get/keep the battery at optimal temperature. For planned travel, you can schedule departure and it will prep the battery before you drive.

This is the reason regulatory agencies need to be axed or completely rebuilt. When the agencies are run by lawyers and manned by others who know nothing of the industry and what it takes to run an industry, you get garbage regulations produced by know nothings (garbage). In other words GIGO - garbage in = garbage out.

amen to that....preach it brother

Reactions: AM64
Correct, there is an integrated cooling (and heating) system to get/keep the battery at optimal temperature. For planned travel, you can schedule departure and it will prep the battery before you drive.
Makes sense. To insure maximum battery longevity controlling the temperature environment is a must. Both extremes as you’ve pointed out.

Reactions: kiddiedoc and AM64
wait a minute..i could of counted tri axle Sparkomatics as 3 speakers each in HS? My cred would of skyrocketed..

View attachment 570862

If you put comparable speakers in the front and rear doors, two dash mounted tweeters, and one sub, then the speaker count would be 15.

If Cali had succeeded in going all electric….how many die in hurricane Hillary? Not just because errDamnBody has a dead battery and can’t leave, or because errDamnBodies battery went dead on the gridlocked interstate, but because errDamnBody had a dead battery and noDamnBody could bring help in the aftermath?

VN Store

Back