Electric Vehicles

I didn’t read it. But I saw WSJ and a loss per vehicle listed of 33k so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt it’s true until somebody dissects it.

I have no doubt various automakers are dealing with hurdles in initial efforts to manufacture EVs. Not sure I see the import of that.

Elon Musk Hits a Speed Bump: Tesla Suffers First Quarter-On-Quarter Sales Decline in Years​

Elon Musk’s Tesla suffered its first quarter-on-quarter sales decline in years, prompting concerns about America’s appetite for electric vehicles. Analyst Dan Ives explains, “Even when factoring in the factory shutdowns with no rose-colored glasses, Tesla clearly missed the Street with bulls left disappointed.”

Fortune reports that in a landscape where Tesla has long been synonymous with strong growth, the company’s third quarter performance left much to be desired. Elon Musk’s car company reported a notable dip in vehicle sales, marking its first quarter-on-quarter decline in sales since the inception of Model Y production in January 2020.

https://media.breitbart.com/media/2022/11/Elon-Musk-satanic-costume.jpg

I have no doubt various automakers are dealing with hurdles in initial efforts to manufacture EVs. Not sure I see the import of that.
Oh I’d guess a $33k loss per vehicle if true is worth noting and tracking. Tesla was crazy lucky to have Musk to keep the long term vision in mind and it paid off. That case is the exception not the rule.

Well after much consternation and months of consideration, went out and threw down a wad of money for a new EV. Rex sold me and we each have to do our part.

Reactions: UT-Rex
Oh I’d guess a $33k loss per vehicle if true is worth noting and tracking. Tesla was crazy lucky to have Musk to keep the long term vision in mind and it paid off. That case is the exception not the rule.

Musk is way ahead of the curve on working out the kinks plus they have the much larger charging network. All adds up to a big advantage for Tesla. If I can find a used 2023 model y (I won't get the tax break) I may pull the trigger.

Initial efforts? My company started manufacturing them 7 model years ago. They have a recall rate about 15 percent higher than gas powered or Hybrids even though they represent 1/9th of our production. They have a much higher rate of buyback and legal cases. How much longer until we get out of the initial phase?

Reactions: NorthDallas40

'Green-Rage' Boils Over: Furious Gran Blasts EV Owner who Charged Their Cars for 17 HOURS in area where there are just two charge points (and experts warn it's only going to get WORSE) - as drivers fight for spaces​

A grandmother has taken to social media to blast an electric vehicle owner who left their car in one of just two local charging points for more than 17 hours in the latest incident of 'green rage'.

Elaine, who has five children and ten grandchildren, shared a photograph of a charging point with an electric screen showing the car had been plugged in for 17 hours and 36 minutes.

She wrote: 'This is the sort of thing that causes charge rage'.

Electric vehicle owners are increasingly arguing with each other over charging points in certain parts of the UK because there are not enough available.

Many are claiming they are having to get up in the dead of night to power up their motors.

Experts warn the problem is set to get worse before it gets better, with an expected increase in demand for electric vehicles outstripping the current supply of chargers.

The boss of Britain's largest motorway service provider, Moto chief executive Ken McMeikan, said long waits for plug-in points made drivers 'very angry and stressed'.

'Green-Rage' Boils Over: Furious Gran Blasts EV Owner who Charged Their Cars for 17 HOURS in area where there are just two charge points (and experts warn it's only going to get WORSE) - as drivers fight for spaces​

A grandmother has taken to social media to blast an electric vehicle owner who left their car in one of just two local charging points for more than 17 hours in the latest incident of 'green rage'.

Elaine, who has five children and ten grandchildren, shared a photograph of a charging point with an electric screen showing the car had been plugged in for 17 hours and 36 minutes.

She wrote: 'This is the sort of thing that causes charge rage'.

Electric vehicle owners are increasingly arguing with each other over charging points in certain parts of the UK because there are not enough available.

Many are claiming they are having to get up in the dead of night to power up their motors.

Experts warn the problem is set to get worse before it gets better, with an expected increase in demand for electric vehicles outstripping the current supply of chargers.

The boss of Britain's largest motorway service provider, Moto chief executive Ken McMeikan, said long waits for plug-in points made drivers 'very angry and stressed'.

Liberals eating each other alive makes me so sad.

VN Store

Back