Electric Vehicles

With cali being such a strong energy producer they’ll be fine. Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t make a water powered vehicle since they have so much.

You know CA wants to divert water from the Mississippi River? These are the people who have lost compete touch with reality, but dems love them because there are so damn many of them and they will vote dem. We're talking people who already blew up dams so the fish could swim free and in doing so lost snow pack water. As far as I'm concerned, the rest of the country should remind them they have a huge ocean, and it's up to them to figure out how to drink it. Too bad we can't keep utilities in the rest of the country from selling power to CA; their usage and willingness to pay higher rates simply drives up our power cost in the process. They need to figure out their own utopian nightmare and leave the rest of us out of it.

301508077_10222501353709385_8031047024118194779_n.jpg
That’s pretty much what I was quoted to switch my electric forklift from lead-acid batteries (it has 18 of them the size of a car battery) to lithium.

Reactions: AM64
Oh, I do believe the people running the government as a whole can be that stupid. How many of those people have any technical backing at all. Then remember who people being elected are - egotistical and narcissistic - the people who don't listen; they talk - the very definition of vapid.
Our leadership class is being overrun by idealogues with liberal arts and law degrees from Ivy League colleges many of whom never worked at anything except excelling on standardized tests.

I heard that CA will need 2 million charging stations for this boondoggle .... check my math but that is 153,000 per year over 13 years or 421 new stations every day that ends in Y. And that is if they can keep the thieves from destroying the stations to salvage copper to fund their drug addictions.

edit - each one will cost on the low end $5k to high end $7k, so $10 to 14 billion in funny money. Just for the charging stations. Not including the rest of the required infrastructure (power plants, battery storage devices, etc.)

View attachment 484084

that seems like a very low estimate....the kind that gets made to win a bid or approval....wonder where material and property cost is included

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
2/3 of the communist states income come from food. I can't wait for them to start harvesting and planting crops 30 minutes at a time. Starve the country and see how well it works out for you democrats.

At that point it won't matter i.e. the depopulation phase.

I heard that CA will need 2 million charging stations for this boondoggle .... check my math but that is 153,000 per year over 13 years or 421 new stations every day that ends in Y. And that is if they can keep the thieves from destroying the stations to salvage copper to fund their drug addictions.

edit - each one will cost on the low end $5k to high end $7k, so $10 to 14 billion in funny money. Just for the charging stations. Not including the rest of the required infrastructure (power plants, battery storage devices, etc.)

You're assuming they want you and millions of others on the road. Maybe that is the wrong assumption?

Energy output in California has been slightly going down over the last decade while the population has slightly gone up. California will not be able to generate a fraction of energy to power their vehicles by electricity... unless they want to turn off the electricity to the houses.

The people hooked to the grid without solar panels and batteries are now in jeopardy of losing their car privileges. LOL They can have EVs or they can have electricity at home and work... they're not getting both.

Large scale usage of EVs in this country is generally unrealistic for the foreseeable future. Oprah needs a very wide lane.

California would need roughly 7-10 new nuclear power plants in the next 12 years to power 50% of their vehicles by electricity. Most likely if they started planning for just one plant tomorrow, it probably wouldn't be done until 2037-2047. The last one is scheduled be shut down in the next decade.

Last edited:

View attachment 484084

I hope you are right for the sake of my BLNK stock.

cause ya no ya hav'ta lie if ya a lefty

View attachment 484306

It went up $8500 almost immediately after the gubment offered a tax credit. The cost to replace the battery was $11,000 which lasts approximately 7 years. If it just went up $8500 that battery replacement is now right at $20k but in 7 years when it actually needs replaced it’ll probably be $30k. Lol.

How Far Can a Gas Truck & an Electric Ford Lightning Go Towing the Same Camper On ONE Fill-up?

I'm not necessarily against EV per se, in the right situation its would be okay. Heck, if I could get a very small grocery getter EV for like $18-20k, I would probably consider it as an alternative in this wacked out world. For hauling or real work conditions, not sure I see a point to it.

I will note this was probably ideal conditions for the EV, fairly flat and not freezing out. Most of this is not very practical with current technology. If time is of no value, just take a team of horses.

What is my Electric Vehicle's Battery Warranty?

Completely useless vehicle unless money is no object. The warranty is only 8 years (or 100k), which really means the value is basically gone at 3-5 years. Why would anyone buy something like this used after about 3-4 years unless someone is giving it away. At 70% charge at the 8 year mark... this test would be down to 56 miles of towing capacity.

My neighbor couldn't even tow with this thing to the local camp site by year 5. LOL

Last edited:
Our leadership class is being overrun by idealogues with liberal arts and law degrees from Ivy League colleges many of whom never worked at anything except excelling on standardized tests.

I keep thinking that one day the country will recognize the ivy league degree scam, but it never does. For the talent they attract with the name, they do so little with the product except give graduates a nice shiny image. Perhaps medicine is a bright spot, but that's even hard to say for sure. One thing for sure is that their brand has done more to screw up US policy from diplomacy to education than our worst enemy could hope to accomplish.

I keep thinking that one day the country will recognize the ivy league degree scam, but it never does. For the talent they attract with the name, they do so little with the product except give graduates a nice shiny image. Perhaps medicine is a bright spot, but that's even hard to say for sure. One thing for sure is that their brand has done more to screw up US policy from diplomacy to education than our worst enemy could hope to accomplish.

We are on the same page here. That post needs about 1000 likes.

You're assuming they want you and millions of others on the road. Maybe that is the wrong assumption?

Energy output in California has been slightly going down over the last decade while the population has slightly gone up. California will not be able to generate a fraction of energy to power their vehicles by electricity... unless they want to turn off the electricity to the houses.

The people hooked to the grid without solar panels and batteries are now in jeopardy of losing their car privileges. LOL They can have EVs or they can have electricity at home and work... they're not getting both.

Large scale usage of EVs in this country is generally unrealistic for the foreseeable future. Oprah needs a very wide lane.

California would need roughly 7-10 new nuclear power plants in the next 12 years to power 50% of their vehicles by electricity. Most likely if they started planning for just one plant tomorrow, it probably wouldn't be done until 2037-2047. The last one is scheduled be shut down in the next decade.

I started thinking that the best way to prove out the new way of thinking would be to shift a lot of homeowners off the power grid and make them reliant on solar and/or wind (on their own property) and battery backup. I'd bet in a very few years that most would decide that it wasn't for them and their EVs. Then the other reality hit - how the hell could you even come close to doing that in urban environments - especially major cities where they are starting to ban NG. None of these pipe dreams are realistic. It still comes back to nuclear, and that's not going to happen without government backing ... and that's not going to happen with the idiots in place because they don't have a clue how what makes a power grid work.

VN Store

Back