Electric Vehicles

301508077_10222501353709385_8031047024118194779_n.jpg
Just saw this popup on my Facebook feed.

The left is insane 😂🤣!

It’s beginning to occur to me that I’ve likely bought my last new vehicle. Of the power options currently available I would only choose to own a dino powered vehicle. If the idiot politicians ever get serious about other realistic fuel types like hydrogen or fuel cell I’ll reconsider.

But I will never own an electric or hybrid electric of the present technologies being offered.

It’s beginning to occur to me that I’ve likely bought my last new vehicle. Of the power options currently available I would only choose to own a dino powered vehicle. If the idiot politicians ever get serious about other realistic fuel types like hydrogen or fuel cell I’ll reconsider.

But I will never own an electric or hybrid electric of the present technologies being offered.

Funny thing is..I would never buy a new vehicle anyways. Bought my 2017 Honda Accord about 3 years ago with only 10K miles. Last of the V6. Unfortunately I think I may be having AC issues..cannot tell just doesn't seem as cold as it should. Probable leak
Should of kept my 2005 Honda V6 as a daily driver as she only had 150K and was in great condition..I am all PM PM PM and dealership provided. Must of taken my car to 4 Honda dealerships in Atlanta area...and it just isn't the same as Economy Honda in Nooga.

Funny thing is..I would never buy a new vehicle anyways. Bought my 2017 Honda Accord about 3 years ago with only 10K miles. Last of the V6. Unfortunately I think I may be having AC issues..cannot tell just doesn't seem as cold as it should. Probable leak
Should of kept my 2005 Honda V6 as a daily driver as she only had 150K and was in great condition..I am all PM PM PM and dealership provided. Must of taken my car to 4 Honda dealerships in Atlanta area...and it just isn't the same as Economy Honda in Nooga.
This.

I've never understood getting excited about a depreciating asset. Especially when I know after 2 minutes its worth less.

Yep. I drive a 2012 F-250 gas and I love it. It’s only got 69k miles on it heck that’s not even broken in for a Super Duty. Right now I can’t see ever selling it. At 69K a decade it will take me another 20 years to put 200k on it and I’ll be pushing 80 and likely done with new cars then anyway. Barring any major incident this probably is my last vehicle.

Oh an A/C work is pretty straight forward. Just rent a vacuum pump and gauge set from your auto parts store and pull a vacuum and check for leaks. If no leak just recharge and roll on. I had to do that about two years ago on my 96 Cobra. Just as cold as brand new now.

Yep. I drive a 2012 F-250 gas and I love it. It’s only got 69k miles on it heck that’s not even broken in for a Super Duty. Right now I can’t see ever selling it. At 69K a decade it will take me another 20 years to put 200k on it and I’ll be pushing 80 and likely done with new cars then anyway. Barring any major incident this probably is my last vehicle.

Oh an A/C work is pretty straight forward. Just rent a vacuum pump and gauge set from your auto parts store and pull a vacuum and check for leaks. If no leak just recharge and roll on. I had to do that about two years ago on my 96 Cobra. Just as cold as brand new now.
That is what I dont get..it is a closed system so why a recharge?

Reactions: T Clifton
Closed is relative. After 20 years a recharge isn’t uncommon it’s all about molecule size and areas in system where they can escape commonly at the fitting points or even the gauge valves.

It is only 5 years old. This is my 2017 not the 2005

It is only 5 years old. This is my 2017 not the 2005
Ah. Ok yeah then something is up. I’ve had the a/c worked on three times on my truck it’s the Achilles heel of that vehicle. Last time it shelled out the compressor which honestly I think has been the issue all along. But now it finally works great! 😂

Ah. Ok yeah then something is up. I’ve had the a/c worked on three times on my truck it’s the Achilles heel of that vehicle. Last time it shelled out the compressor which honestly I think has been the issue all along. But now it finally works great! 😂

Ran a 30 minute test this afternoon. Condenser fan was pretty much continuous as I played with the CC temp setting after certain periods.
It is low on freon IMO. Hope it is a line and not a condenser leak.

I do wonder though if it somehow ties into my Outside Temp gauge. Just Friday it was showing 72F on an 85+ day and I tried resetting just yesterday and it showed 102F today on a 90F day. Probably not..but these puters.

Ran a 30 minute test this afternoon. Condenser fan was pretty much continuous as I played with the CC temp setting after certain periods.
It is low on freon IMO. Hope it is a line and not a condenser leak.

I do wonder though if it somehow ties into my Outside Temp gauge. Just yesterday it was showing 72F on an 85+ day and I tried resetting just yesterday and it showed 102F today on a 90F day. Probably not..but these puters.
Have you ever worked on a/c before? I have my own gauge set and have handled some obvious things over the years. But chasing down a pinhole leak wouldn’t be in my wheelhouse.

Reactions: AM64
Have you ever worked on a/c before? I have my own gauge set and have handled some obvious things over the years. But chasing down a pinhole leak wouldn’t be in my wheelhouse.

That is beyond my abilities. Spoke to my compressed air dryer refrigeration tech today though. Same principles.
I will have it diagnosed tomorrow at Firestone

The EV thing is never going to happen.
Right now there’s no current technology that would allow for it.
There’s not enough lithium on the planet so we have to come up with a new battery system. I’m sure they’ll pull something from their ass by 2030.

No, they'll make an inferior product that will cause headaches for the drivers.

Reactions: AM64
The charging issue is a huge deal. Look at the volume on the interstate. Imagine all of them having to stop every 200-300 miles to charge. You'd need stations the size of small cities, and the power grid could never handle it.

It will definitely take some revolutionary technology. Has anyone thought of putting a windmill on top of an EV to charge it while it goes? Just don't get stuck in traffic for long

The have to get out and turn the windmill manually

Reactions: AM64 and LSU-SIU
The EV thing is never going to happen.
Right now there’s no current technology that would allow for it.
There’s not enough lithium on the planet so we have to come up with a new battery system. I’m sure they’ll pull something from their ass by 2030.
So they are already moving down the alkali earth column one element to sodium. It’s readily abundant and much more stable. They already have working prototype batteries working they just don’t have the energy density yet.

But it’s still a damn EV and I’m not interested.

Wireless electric power embedded in roads. Electric cars powered wirelessly as we drive. Electronically pay for electricity used on any particular grid.
That’s actually not a bad idea mcdaddio. A twist on the ole electric street car I like it!

Reactions: McDad
That’s actually not a bad idea mcdaddio. A twist on the ole electric street car I like it!

Ii is being looked it but Lord..Long ways away and terribly expensive. I googled that stuff this weekend. All pie in the sky for now.
But better yet..it deflects from why we are doing this.
Is CC man made?

VN Store

Back