Electric Vehicles

The new car smell is the Devil.
You know that is not a natural smell..they spray it in there as last production line task

Agreed. Hate that stuff. Of course i am a smoker...so i cant really smell much anymore and if i could my car would smell like the ashtray in my console...but ymmv.

Reactions: Orangeburst
That’s actually not a bad idea mcdaddio. A twist on the ole electric street car I like it!
Induction charging would be much easier to implement. Where I used to work had dozens of AGV's to move product around the plant and they used induction charging in different areas to recharge. They used opportunity charging while they were running and once the battery got to 30% they would find a parking spot and take themselves out of service and recharge to 80%.

nice graph! Looks like almost no FFV in the US by 2030!

View attachment 484818

Now they need to do the comparison chart that shows how much generating capacity that will require ... and how they plan to do it. Gonna be interesting when they get to the thing about charging vehicles at night and realize the sun isn't shining. If you really add in all the thermal losses for electric power generation and the transmission losses ... and do it honestly, I'd bet EVs don't really pan out.

Now they need to do the comparison chart that shows how much generating capacity that will require ... and how they plan to do it. Gonna be interesting when they get to the thing about charging vehicles at night and realize the sun isn't shining. If you really add in all the thermal losses for electric power generation and the transmission losses ... and do it honestly, I'd bet EVs don't really pan out.

I saw one of king xiden's lackies demonstrating an EV. She/he/it/they said the recharging power comes "from the building"

Ah. Ok yeah then something is up. I’ve had the a/c worked on three times on my truck it’s the Achilles heel of that vehicle. Last time it shelled out the compressor which honestly I think has been the issue all along. But now it finally works great! 😂

Or there could be a connector seal leak recall in the future ... if the manufacturer can't sufficiently manipulate the failure data. There are probably more generic issues with most products these days than we imagine; we just don't have the data to know, and the guys who do aren't telling.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Induction charging would be much easier to implement. Where I used to work had dozens of AGV's to move product around the plant and they used induction charging in different areas to recharge. They used opportunity charging while they were running and once the battery got to 30% they would find a parking spot and take themselves out of service and recharge to 80%.

What is induction charging?

What is induction charging?
Think of it like proximity charging. A coil of wire embedded in the floor and a coil of wire on a device, when they're close to each other a current is induced. It's the same principle of how transformers work. A lot of cars are coming out with this for phone charging, for vehicles it's a much larger scale.

Think of it like proximity charging. A coil of wire embedded in the floor and a coil of wire on a device, when they're close to each other a current is induced. It's the same principle of how transformers work. A lot of cars are coming out with this for phone charging, for vehicles it's a much larger scale.

Ahh, thanks

I think they serve a purpose just not on he grand scale that dims do.

Reactions: AM64
Is that similar to how the electromagnetic field in induction stovetops work?

And the the potential deleterious health effects have not been studied either. Such concentrated magnetic fields are potentially harmful to humans.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
They’ll have it worked out by 2030.

So far so good.

Charging-Station.jpg

No Lesson Learned: Connecticut City Orders *More* Electric Vehicles After Bus Destroyed in Battery Fire

Electric-bus-fire-640x480.jpg

Officials for the town of Westport, Connecticut, say that the massive battery fire that destroyed an electric CTtransit bus has not deterred the town from continuing its efforts to expand its electric vehicle fleet.

CT Insider reports that the town of Westport, Connecticut, has the highest number of electric vehicles per capita, with 890 electric vehicles registered in the town by the end of 2021. The town is transitioning its fleet to electric vehicles, something which officials say is still planned despite the recent CTtransit electric bus fire.
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2022/05/Tesla-car-fire-Canada.jpg
Tesla-car-fire-Canada.jpg

Tesla car fire in Canada ( Sons of Vancouver Distillery/YouTube)

Breitbart News reported in July that just one day after officials promoted the passage of the Connecticut Clean Air Act, one of the state-run electric buses burst into a massive inferno. The CTtransit bus caught on fire in a Hamden parking lot on Saturday morning and resulted in two workers and a firefighter being sent to the hospital.

No Lesson Learned: Connecticut City Orders *More* Electric Vehicles After Bus Destroyed in Battery Fire

VN Store

Back