Electric Vehicles

Everyone is talking about the Tesla's range, but Mercedes already has a 450 mile battery. Don't know it's charging protocols but now you're talking Daytona in 2 leisurely stops (go to a Bucees Truck Stop, it's going to take you 20 minutes to walk to the freaking restrooms anyway).

Of course the Mercedes does cost $100,000+. But the main point is driving ranges will increase.

BTW, loving you guys posting those pictures of the mining of rare earth metals. It is criminal and I would be in favor of regulation of that mining. But I am tickled that the people who like to point that out usually don't care about the amount of carbon dioxide being pumped into the air and harming many more people.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Yeah, I'm not real happy about this. My delivery has been delayed, and now that could affect my $7500 credit that Tesla was really pushing. I was supposed to get my car "Feb 22-March."
I'm sorry, but I don't want to subsidize your purchase. Pay what it costs to buy the electric car, or buy an ICE car, don't look for someone else to help you buy it.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to subsidize your purchase. Pay what it costs to buy the electric car, or buy an ICE car, don't look for someone else to help you buy it.
Your emotions have nothing to do with what a business assured me.

thats an interesting point. What did Tesla assure you? Can they be held responsible for a third parties actions?
It's not a third party. When I ordered the car, they said delivery would be late Feb-March, before the then-current tax credit would expire (had to take delivery by Mar 31). I'll say this: talking to a human at Tesla is nearly impossible. I'm more than a little frustrated.

It's not a third party. When I ordered the car, they said delivery would be late Feb-March, before the then-current tax credit would expire (had to take delivery by Mar 31). I'll say this: talking to a human at Tesla is nearly impossible. I'm more than a little frustrated.

Are you going to cancel the order?

Are you going to cancel the order?
I'm going to the shop by West Town to discuss. The other unacceptable thing is that the IRS did not figure out the new rules before this one expired. They knew the time was coming. Of course, that's exactly what you would expect from the government.

I've already installed the charger and paid an order fee and down payment.

I'm going to the shop by West Town to discuss. The other unacceptable thing is that the IRS did not figure out the new rules before this one expired. They knew the time was coming. Of course, that's exactly what you would expect from the government.

I've already installed the charger and paid an order fee and down payment.

I think they will see the sales of EVs fall off the cliff and reinstate the rebate/credit early next year.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I think they will see the sales of EVs fall off the cliff and reinstate the rebate/credit early next year.

At which point one may be able to negotiate $2K (approx. actual savings) on a new $60K vehicle.

They have extended the regular credit through April 18, but it looks like the performance model will still be eligible (due to battery and parts produced in the U.S.), The RWD version is going to lose some/all eligibility, as its battery comes from China.

FsvGY6BaMAAbsF1

Last edited:
Reactions: Orangeburst
Canadian Couple Escapes Their Tesla Moments Before It Bursts into Flames

Tesla-burning-in-quebec-640x480.jpg

Tesla and Transport Canada have begun investigating the possible causes of a recent incident where a Tesla Model X burst into flames in Sherbrooke, Quebec. The driver and his companion narrowly escaped the blaze, which began shortly after they began a drive. Incredibly, the driver has used his insurance payment to buy another Tesla.

Tesla-car-fire-Canada.jpg

Consumer advocate George Iny from the Automobile Protection Association (APA) of Montreal expressed his worries regarding the possibility of fires in electric cars using lithium-ion batteries, like Teslas. “We’re absolutely convinced we haven’t heard the last on this subject,” Iny said. “Lithium-ion is just not that stable. We predict that as electric vehicles get older, ones using that technology will be more prone to catch fire.”

Canadian Couple Escapes Their Tesla Moments Before It Bursts into Flames

Tesla Employees Reportedly Circulated Private Recordings By Customer Vehicles

Some of the highly "invasive" videos and images shared by company workers showed people engaged in embarrassing or dangerous activities.
1_th.jpg
1_th.jpg

A new report is raising serious concerns about Tesla Motors and the privacy of its vehicles.

Reuters released a shocking story about the electric vehicle giant on Thursday, claiming Tesla employees shared private, and often “highly invasive,” car camera footage between people at the company from 2019 to 2022.

A group of ex-employees claim Tesla workers regularly exchanged sensitive videos and images via internal messaging systems. The private recordings reportedly ranged from embarrassing owner moments to disturbing road incidents.

Ex-employees say one widely seen video depicted a naked man approaching a vehicle. Elsewhere in the company, photos of dogs and funny road signs were sent around and made into memes.

The report also calls into question Tesla’s ability to protect car owner’s locations and other personal information. Though Tesla’s “Customer Privacy Notice” notes that “camera recordings remain anonymous and are not linked to you or your vehicle,” former employees who spoke to Reuters said the computer program they used to view footage included the location where it was shot, making it possible to find out where an owner lived.

Tesla Employees Reportedly Circulated Private Recordings By Customer Vehicles

Hey America! They fooled you again!

GM Buys Out 5K American Employees with 'Massive Cost Cutting' Scheme

General Motors is buying out 5,000 salaried employees in the United States as the automaker looks to cut billions in costs with its move toward electric vehicles (EVs) which require far fewer manufacturing workers.

The reason why the auto industry is embracing electric vehicles has nothing to do with the environment. It has everything to do with their bottom line, because guess what? It’s cheaper to make these vehicles for the automakers if you wipe out all of those components that create the internal combustion engine. The sticker price of these vehicles is not any cheaper for the consumers. In fact, it’s more expensive. It’s a cash cow for the auto industry [and] automakers, but not necessarily for the workers, not necessarily for American consumers who don’t like these or don’t trust these vehicles. It’s not even good for the environment.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Biden Admin. Wants Rules to Push Electric Car Sales to 10X Current Levels

The Biden administration is reportedly planning to propose some of the most stringent automobile pollution rules in the world, which are meant to drive up sales of electric vehicles to ten times their current level so that up to 67 percent of new cars sold in the U.S. are electric vehicles by 2032.

The proposed limits on tailpipe emissions will be brought by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), with EPA administrator Michael Regan making the announcement on Wednesday in Detroit, Michigan, according to people familiar with the situation who spoke to the New York Times.
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2022/10/Joe-Biden-and-an-Electric-Hummer.jpg
tesla-3.jpg

Connecticut Tesla still burning after hours (Stamford Fire Department)

Biden Admin. Wants Rules to Push Electric Car Sales to 10X Current Levels

Biden unveils strictest emissions rule to date in bid to FORCE Americans to switch to electric cars: Staggering new climate plan could mean battery-powered vehicles and trucks make up TWO-THIRDS of sales by 2032

• Rule would require 67% of all new vehicles sold in the U.S. by 2032 to be electric
President Joe Biden on Wednesday unveiled the toughest rules to date for automobile emissions in an effort to push more Americans to purchase expensive electric vehicles.

The strict new pollution limits would require 67% of all new vehicles sold in the U.S. by 2032 to be electric, which is about 10 times as many as are currently sold and is far above the president's previous commitment to have EVs make up 50% of cars sold by 2030.

The average cost of an EV in 2022 was $64,338 while the average cost of a gas-powered car was significantly lower at $46,000, according to Kelly Blue Book.

Biden unveils tough emissions rule to force Americans to buy electronic vehicles | Daily Mail Online

Biden unveils strictest emissions rule to date in bid to FORCE Americans to switch to electric cars: Staggering new climate plan could mean battery-powered vehicles and trucks make up TWO-THIRDS of sales by 2032

• Rule would require 67% of all new vehicles sold in the U.S. by 2032 to be electric
President Joe Biden on Wednesday unveiled the toughest rules to date for automobile emissions in an effort to push more Americans to purchase expensive electric vehicles.

The strict new pollution limits would require 67% of all new vehicles sold in the U.S. by 2032 to be electric, which is about 10 times as many as are currently sold and is far above the president's previous commitment to have EVs make up 50% of cars sold by 2030.

The average cost of an EV in 2022 was $64,338 while the average cost of a gas-powered car was significantly lower at $46,000, according to Kelly Blue Book.

Biden unveils tough emissions rule to force Americans to buy electronic vehicles | Daily Mail Online

Hang on to your old ICE cars. If this comes to fruition the resale market for them will be INSANE!

How can Joe do this? EO's. hich can be wiped away with the stroke of a pen
EPA and clean air act. Massive misuse of legislation. CAA gives the EPA the ability to control tailpipe emissions of ICE automobiles to best available technology. What the Biden administration is attempting to use it to do though is to set ICE emission standards to an unattainable level in order to effectively outlaw new ICE cars, thereby FORCING you to buy an EV. They are using a rule meant to regulate cars to in effect make them impossible to produce. Congress should be all OVER EPA in this one.
It would be the equivalent of the FDA using meat quality standards to force people into becoming vegans.

VN Store

Back