Electric Vehicles

The completely baseless and patently wrong situations you put forth are ridiculous as hell and pure comedy to read. At this point you’ve got to be trying up convince yourself more than anyone else here. And the bolded ridiculous statement is simply hilarious 😂

Obviously, Eastern was speaking about mining : I'm pointing out that the fun we have on our Lakes also comes at a cost to some (the total elimination of "huge chunks of" land to gain boating access and elect), showing the similarities with mining of coal, diamonds, nickel and other resources and Walmart-type developments.

Simple concept.

Good news -- "Tesla confirmed that nearly half of all its vehicles produced last quarter (Dec '21) are already using cobalt-free iron-phosphate (LFP) batteries"

That and some other things. If we have such a dire and extremely time sensitive emergency, it's odd that there's no urgent push for tram lines and other public transportation and to force denser urban planning to reduce the need to drive to shop. Plus all the mining for battery materials is destroying and polluting huge chunks of previously pristine land and sea. Destroying the Earth to save it.
If the concern really is for the environment then those driving are totally uncoordinated or are morons.

Obviously, Eastern was speaking about mining : I'm pointing out that the fun we have on our Lakes also comes at a cost to some (the total elimination of "huge chunks of" land to gain boating access and elect), showing the similarities with mining of coal, diamonds, nickel and other resources and Walmart-type developments.

Simple concept.

Good news -- "Tesla confirmed that nearly half of all its vehicles produced last quarter (Dec '21) are already using cobalt-free iron-phosphate (LFP) batteries"
What you are doing is cherry picking extremely tenuous situations and extremely suspicious boundary conditions to try and sell your ridiculous hypotheses. And you do it while completely ignoring and not acknowledging the known and acknowledged drawbacks of the technology. And it’s hilarious to watch you do it. Like I’ve said you’re a walking talking EV marketing brochure.

Reactions: EasternVol
What you are doing is cherry picking extremely tenuous situations and extremely suspicious boundary conditions to try and sell your ridiculous hypotheses. And you do it while completely ignoring and not acknowledging the known and acknowledged drawbacks of the technology. And it’s hilarious to watch you do it. Like I’ve said you’re a walking talking EV marketing brochure.

Do you consider there to be any "drawbacks" (of any relation to polution) to the technology of nitromethane ?

"it is used widely in the manufacture of pesticides, explosives, fibers, and coatings.[12] Nitromethane is used as a fuel additive in various motorsports and hobbies,"

msds (fishersci.com)

That and some other things. If we have such a dire and extremely time sensitive emergency, it's odd that there's no urgent push for tram lines and other public transportation and to force denser urban planning to reduce the need to drive to shop. Plus all the mining for battery materials is destroying and polluting huge chunks of previously pristine land and sea. Destroying the Earth to save it.
If the concern really is for the environment then those driving are totally uncoordinated or are morons.

Lol :D

In the context of Eastern's having cherry-picked batteries only for the EV industry (and not those used in phones and laptops and ICE machines the past 50+ years),

I'm simply recognizing such things as: each of us goes to the Lake (which was once "pristine land") and uses batteries and computers and such every day (relatively/essentially-approving of diamond and phosphates , etc mining) ; Utilities are saying they (the Grid) will be able to handle the increased load (of future EV) ; battery technology is changing fairly rapidly (longer ranges / less cobalt requirement) ; the Costs associated with future EV will likely decrease (just as early mobile phone technology Costs decreased drastically), etc etc.

It seems you will/might be happier, once a logical roads-use/maintenance Tax basis can be applied across-the-board (to EV's, equivalent to that of ICE machines).

Do you consider there to be any "drawbacks" (of any relation to polution) to the technology of nitromethane ?

"it is used widely in the manufacture of pesticides, explosives, fibers, and coatings.[12] Nitromethane is used as a fuel additive in various motorsports and hobbies,"

msds (fishersci.com)
I consider all of your loaded scenarios to be complete bull 💩. That’s it.

Why not just get rid of the pretense and just claim all vehicles are battery powered EVs since the 12V lead acid batteries drive the DC electric starter motor and thus the ICE couldn’t even be used without the electric precursor. Thus all Tesla and all the other battery powered EVs are doing is refining the current state of inefficient EVs everyone is already driving?

Yes, that idiotic scenario is directly in line with the reasoning you’ve used thus far. And again it’s hilarious to read.

Where does your EV get its battery power storage? From special fuel cells that explicitly refine only unicorn farts? 😂

Last edited:
Lol :D

I'm simply recognizing such things as: each of us uses batteries and computers and such every day (approving of diamond and phosphates , etc mining) ; Utilities are saying they (the Grid) will be able to handle the increased load (of future EV) ; battery technology is changing fairly rapidly (longer ranges / less cobalt requirement) ; etc.

It seems you will/might be happier, once a logical Tax basis can be applied across-the-board (to EV's equivalent to that of ICE machines).
Lol back, EV avenger. You’re rationalizing your broken ass logic just as I’ve stated.

Lol back, EV avenger. You’re rationalizing your broken ass logic just as I’ve stated.

That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out. I’ve also called it rationalization which is a better label. 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps you're speaking of the following logic (be sure to call VW and tell them it's "broken" / LOL / or, maybe some of their Empl are on here already ) --

"Assembled locally in Chattanooga, TN the 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 EV SUV is truly something to behold. Designed to deliver on all your needs, its style, performance and functionality set it apart. Plus, with plenty of space, an abundance of tech features, and 3 years of unlimited 30-minute charging sessions at Electrify America DC Fast Chargers ⁠4 across the country, the ID.4 SUV will transform how you think about electric vehicles."

The ID.4 from Volkswagen (vw.com)

"Lease a 2023 ID.4 Pro for $349/month for 36 months.⁠5 After a $7,500 VCI EV Lease Bonus"
"The 2023 ID.4 can provide an estimated $4,500 in fuel cost savings over 5 years compared to the average gasoline vehicle."

Perhaps you're speaking of the following logic / tell them (be sure to call VW and tell them it's "broken" / LOL) --

"Assembled locally in Chattanooga, TN the 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 EV SUV is truly something to behold. Designed to deliver on all your needs, its style, performance and functionality set it apart. Plus, with plenty of space, an abundance of tech features, and 3 years of unlimited 30-minute charging sessions at Electrify America DC Fast Chargers ⁠4 across the country, the ID.4 SUV will transform how you think about electric vehicles."

"Lease a 2023 ID.4 Pro for $349/month for 36 months.⁠5 After a $7,500 VCI EV Lease Bonus"
"The 2023 ID.4 can provide an estimated $4,500 in fuel cost savings over 5 years compared to the average gasoline vehicle."
So I call you a walking talking EV marketing brochure. And you respond with literally an EV marketing brochure. Your shoes are shined and ready for you, Ronald 🤡

1691958600580.jpeg

That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out. I’ve also called it rationalization which is a better label. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe you're speaking of the following logic --

"Many industry observers believe we have already passed the tipping point where sales of electric vehicles (EVs) will very rapidly overwhelm petrol and diesel cars."
Why electric cars will take over sooner than you think - BBC News

^^ It's not my logic (too bad I didn't come up with it -- I'd probably send you a sample EV hot off the presses, at not charge).

Maybe you're speaking of the following logic --

"Many industry observers believe we have already passed the tipping point where sales of electric vehicles (EVs) will very rapidly overwhelm petrol and diesel cars."
Why electric cars will take over sooner than you think - BBC News

^^ It's not my logic (too bad I didn't come up with it -- I'd probably send you a sample EV hot off the presses, at not charge).
I hope you’re getting paid for all the ridiculously slanted and narrow sighted marketing you’re doing 🤡

If your electric go cart is such a no brainer why are governments banning the sale of ICE vehicles and giving bribes to potential buyers Ronald?

Reactions: AM64
@UT-Rex since America loves them some sport utility vehicles tell me the charging time for the 180kWh battery currently in the GMC Hummer and expected to be in the Cadillac Escalade EV on a residential level 2 charger.

Oh no. I’m thanking you for each and every blinder enabled idiotic marketing post you make on the topic 😂

That is THE singular reason to buy an EV. Especially one outfitted for performance. You’ve stated that was a if not the driver in your choice. From that stance you chose wisely.

Put a fuel cell energy source in a final electric drive EV and that is the pinnacle of vehicle development I believe.

On you own terms,

The use of "THE" seems like a reasonable marketing tool (as part of campaign possibly). If you can obvsiouly see ^ this one reason, you will likely see other reasons down the road.

And? I’m merely trying to communicate with you on your own terms 😂

On you own terms,

The use of "THE" seems like a reasonable marketing tool (as part of campaign possibly). If you can obvsiouly see ^ this one reason, you will likely see other reasons down the road.
I’ve already taken them apart as far as I’m concerned with regards to battery powered EVs. I’ll never own one plain and simple they make no sense to me as a useful daily driver. Look up one post and answer the question.

That is THE singular reason to buy an EV. Especially one outfitted for performance. You’ve stated that was a if not the driver in your choice. From that stance you chose wisely.

Put a fuel cell energy source in a final electric drive EV and that is the pinnacle of vehicle development I believe.

Oh no. I’m thanking you for each and every blinder enabled idiotic marketing post you make on the topic 😂

Are you "marketing" when you say "That is THE singular reason to buy an EV" ?

What about fuel savings ?

Doesn't VW have as much Right as you, to point out the good things of EV ?

""The 2023 ID.4 can provide an estimated $4,500 in fuel cost savings over 5 years compared to the average gasoline vehicle."

Are you "marketing" when you say "That is THE singular reason to buy an EV" ?

What about fuel savings ?

Doesn't VW have as much Right as you, to point out the good things of EV ?

""The 2023 ID.4 can provide an estimated $4,500 in fuel cost savings over 5 years compared to the average gasoline vehicle."

How long does it take to charge a 180 kWh battery on a level 2 residential charger Ronald?

Anyone want to race?

That is a good start, but there are other reasons also:

b. fuel costs savings
c. maintenance costs savings

How long to charge a 180kWh on a level 2 charger Ronald? 🤡

Marketing can be comprised of pros and cons (competition often attempts to point out what they consider as cons).

4-10 hours / about the usual time that most ICE machines are sitting in the garage over night.

VN Store

Back