Electric Vehicles

Tesla recommends charging to 80-85% unless you are planning a longer trip, then you charge to 100%. It’s easy to adjust in the app- I just plug in at night and it cuts off whenever it’s set to do so.

I believe it has to do with preserving the life of the battery long-term, but not 100% sure.
Well clearly you need to do whatever Tesla recommends. I’d like to read a technical paper on why they recommend only charging to 85%. The primary reason I can think of is convenience as you never get into the charging current ramp down region. But the onboard chargers are really sophisticated and should manage the battery automatically. Which of course is exactly what you said you do so makes sense.

A parking garage full of electric cars will have a much heavier load ….. wonder how that will work out?
I guess you missed the numbers above? Would the garage fare better with 4000 pounds Teslas or 6000 pound bro-dozers? And if you've been stuck in G10 or 11th St garage after a game, imagine how cleaner the air would be.

Well clearly you need to do whatever Tesla recommends. I’d like to read a technical paper on why they recommend only charging to 85%. The primary reason I can think of is convenience as you never get into the charging current ramp down region. But the onboard chargers are really sophisticated and should manage the battery automatically. Which of course is exactly what you said you do so makes sense.

Elon Musk explains why you shouldn't charge your Tesla battery to 100%

Thank you. I’d never considered the regenerative braking scheme factored into the charging so that makes sense. The over charging concern is very real. Li-ion batteries don’t like it and it’s a needless risk regardless of the capacity degradation he brings up. Honestly I’d always assumed 100% reported to the consumer was like 95% on the theoretical charge level for the battery for safety margin.

Even your Li-ion power tool chargers have to factor this in. It’s a REALLY bad idea to over charge a Li-ion battery.

Well this was an opportune time for this article to come across my feed

Ford's CEO admits to a 'reality check' during F-150 Lightning Route 66 road trip

The CEO also ignored the cost of using public chargers especially the DCFC ones which make charging more ICE like. But admittedly he isn’t paying those costs anyway so he may not have even noticed since I’m sure they went on his Corp card that his admin pays.

@kiddiedoc yet another example of how much Tesla has gotten right. Ford admits they need to partner with Tesla in order to gain access to their public charging network.

ETA: So here is a close apples to apples comparison. My F250 has a 35 gal tank and on Highway mileage I can get around 14 mph. So that’s a 490 mile range. Ford advertises a 320 mile range on the 130 kWh battery. Out traveling if the CEO uses a DCFC which charges between $0.4 to $0.6, call it $0.5, that is $65 bucks for a 300 mile range. To equate it to my 490 mile range that’s $99.5. I paid around $3.35 around here for my last fill up and yeah I know that’s volatile. But using my last datapoint that’s $117.25. So we’ve got a $18 difference on a similar vehicle type on a road trip and I don’t need to sweat or plan around finding the next charging station. I cringe on thinking what DCFC charging the GMC hummer or new Escalade would be but admittedly if you pay that money you likely don’t care. But that is closer to apples to apples since my F250 weighs around 6800lbs. And compare the F150 to a 3.5L twin turbo variant for a true apples to apples and the BEV Lightning gets obliterated in that comparison. And to be fair I can’t refill my tank cheaper at home in my garage. Like I’ve said all along… it’s a lifestyle choice.

Final edit. KD I bet you’ll go blind trying to read this thru all my edits 😂

Last edited:
Well this was an opportune time for this article to come across my feed

Ford's CEO admits to a 'reality check' during F-150 Lightning Route 66 road trip

The CEO also ignored the cost of using public chargers especially the DCFC ones which make charging more ICE like. But admittedly he isn’t paying those costs anyway so he may not have even noticed since I’m sure they went on his Corp card that his admin pays.

@kiddiedoc yet another example of how much Tesla has gotten right. Ford admits they need to partner with Tesla in order to gain access to their public charging network.

ETA: So here is a close apples to apples comparison. My F250 has a 35 gal tank and on Highway mileage I can get around 14 mph. So that’s a 490 mile range. Ford advertises a 320 mile range on the 130 kWh battery. Out traveling if the CEO uses a DCFC which charges between $0.4 to $0.6, call it $0.5, that is $65 bucks for a 300 mile range. To equate it to my 490 mile range that’s $99.5. I paid around $3.35 around here for my last fill up and yeah I know that’s volatile. But using my last datapoint that’s $117.25. So we’ve got a $18 difference on a similar vehicle type on a road trip and I don’t need to sweat or plan around finding the next charging station. I cringe on thinking what DCFC charging the GMC hummer or new Escalade would be but admittedly if you pay that money you likely don’t care. But that is closer to apples to apples since my F250 weighs around 6800lbs. And compare the F150 to a 3.5L twin turbo variant for a true apples to apples and the BEV Lightning gets obliterated in that comparison. And to be fair I can’t refill my tank cheaper at home in my garage. Like I’ve said all along… it’s a lifestyle choice.

Final edit. KD I bet you’ll go blind trying to read this thru all my edits 😂
he just ignores your posts like we all do.

Well it sounds like the positives you’ve been regurgitating while ignoring all the negatives where as I’ve been clear that I’m providing both.

Looks like I got under your skin on the rose colored glasses comment because the other post of mine you put up made no sense whatsoever. Go Google replacement battery cost. The numbers are real. Did you notice the source of the link? JD Power? So they are a dishonest BEV antagonist? 🤡And did you even read the last paragraph in that post? Run along and pull your jimmies out of your asscrack.

checking your source,

How Often Do Tesla Batteries Need To Be Replaced? (jdpower.com)

"KIA offers a ten-year battery pack warranty, while Hyundai provides lifetime coverage."

^^ that's a nice warranty / is that legit ??

checking your source,

How Often Do Tesla Batteries Need To Be Replaced? (jdpower.com)

"KIA offers a ten-year battery pack warranty, while Hyundai provides lifetime coverage."

^^ that's a nice warranty / is that legit ??
It sure is! If it’s real. But why do I see this on Hyundai’s website Ronald? And why is it just what the Feds mandate?

If I didn’t know better I’d think you were not being an honest broker and were misrepresenting the Hyundai warranty

Hyundai Warranty Coverage | America's Best | Hyundai USA

Hey at least it’s transferable to additional owners which I believe exceeds the Fed mandate. But so do several other mfgers.

IMG_3552.jpeg

Well it sounds like the positives you’ve been regurgitating while ignoring all the negatives where as I’ve been clear that I’m providing both.

Looks like I got under your skin on the rose colored glasses comment because the other post of mine you put up made no sense whatsoever. Go Google replacement battery cost. The numbers are real. Did you notice the source of the link? JD Power? So they are a dishonest BEV antagonist? 🤡And did you even read the last paragraph in that post? Run along and pull your jimmies out of your asscrack.

using your source ("At least $13,000 for a Model 3 entry-level sedan")

The Future of Solid-State Batteries (jdpower.com)

"Some automakers and their partners are taking things a step further, forming entirely new joint ventures to get solid-state batteries into production EVs."

$13,000 x .70 = 9,100

^^ This type of stat looks promising = $0.091 per mile, and we can expect this number to get better.

if any questions, you need to ask your source (not me) --

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shopping-guides/how-often-do-tesla-batteries-need-to-be-replaced

using your source ("At least $13,000 for a Model 3 entry-level sedan")

The Future of Solid-State Batteries (jdpower.com)

"Some automakers and their partners are taking things a step further, forming entirely new joint ventures to get solid-state batteries into production EVs."

$13,000 x .70 = 9,100

^^ This type of stat looks promising = $0.091 per mile, and we can expect this number to get better.
LMFAO. Your disingenuous misrepresentations or flat out lies know no limits Ronald 😂

Keep parsing it I’m sure it’s down there somewhere.

1692388083778.gif

They are getting serious, in your area --

Electric Vehicles North Texas | DFWCC 2021 (dfwcleancities.org)
"Electric Vehicles North Texas (EVNT) seeks to educate and spread awareness of electric vehicle technology and applications. Organized by the Dallas-Fort Worth Clean Cities Coalition, ...."

if any questions, you need to ask your source (not me) --

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shopping-guides/how-often-do-tesla-batteries-need-to-be-replaced

I’ll reference the mfgrs prior warranty policy Ronald. They used to offer a lifetime non transferable warranty. Now they offer the 10/100k transferable which is more in line with the higher coverages in the industry.

But by all means please try to pass off your bull **** as more reliable info than JD Power, Ronald. 🤡

Hyundai's EV Battery That Lasts a Lifetime

LMFAO. Your disingenuous misrepresentations or flat out lies know no limits Ronald 😂

Keep parsing it I’m sure it’s down there somewhere.

trending --

"DFWCC works with local governments to try to help guide and prepare entities for the growing electrification trends. From a regional perspective, consistent and streamlined local government efforts is integral in driving North Texas as a leader in EV readiness."

EV Readiness | DFWCC 2021 (dfwcleancities.org)

trending --

"DFWCC works with local governments to try to help guide and prepare entities for the growing electrification trends. From a regional perspective, consistent and streamlined local government efforts is integral in driving North Texas as a leader in EV readiness."

EV Readiness | DFWCC 2021 (dfwcleancities.org)
These are the same morons that are struggling to reinforce our power grid so I’m not shocked at all.

1692388501853.gif

I guess you missed the numbers above? Would the garage fare better with 4000 pounds Teslas or 6000 pound bro-dozers? And if you've been stuck in G10 or 11th St garage after a game, imagine how cleaner the air would be.
I wasn’t trying to be sarcastic.
https://www.axios.com/2023/04/28/evs-weight-safety-problems#
  • While the Manhattan parking garage collapse in early April was not blamed on EVs, the disaster nonetheless underscored an issue of growing concern: whether aging roads and old garages can handle all the extra weight.
  • Less than two weeks before the collapse, a British Parking Association official recommended that parking structures integrate higher load-bearing weights amid concerns about more EVs, the Telegraph reported.

Reactions: AM64
Was in the Bible forum for years / There's 1 other guy around who resorts to these tactics .
Hey @Orangeslice13 were you mean to Homer here in a Bible thread? I know you are very versed in the scripture(s) and also know you would be highly intolerant of disingenuous misrepresentations or out right lies in interpretation and context of the writings like he’s pulling on EVs.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back