Electric Vehicles

I wasn’t trying to be sarcastic.
https://www.axios.com/2023/04/28/evs-weight-safety-problems#
  • While the Manhattan parking garage collapse in early April was not blamed on EVs, the disaster nonetheless underscored an issue of growing concern: whether aging roads and old garages can handle all the extra weight.
  • Less than two weeks before the collapse, a British Parking Association official recommended that parking structures integrate higher load-bearing weights amid concerns about more EVs, the Telegraph reported.

then of growing concern, would be comparison of a garage holding an overabundance of heavy (ice) SUVs and trucks (as some suggest) vs standard EV --

Yep. And I’m telling you you’re wrong for a majority of the people. BEV sales are going to flatten out in the not too distant future since A) Americans love their SUVs snd trucks and B) that means they’re going to be forced to public level 2 and 3 chargers for any charging convenience time. Residential chargers won’t be able to service them in any reasonable time and a level 2 residential is going to be the entry point. That is additional cost for the home wiring. At that’s an 1800 lb battery to push those vehicles. Your EV rose colored glasses are going to crack.

then of growing concern, would be comparison of a garage holding an overabundance of heavy (ice) SUVs and trucks (as some suggest) vs standard EV --
Or more concerning would be taking a 6000lb SUV and making it an 8000lb BEV SUV like GMC did on the Hummer and Escalade

Where do I need to send the rent check to for living in your head, Ronald?

Reactions: Carl Pickens
His first mistake was purchasing a Ford. His second mistake was buying a Ford for 115 K. What a horror story in all honesty and truly sad. $56.00 to charge the bastard while waiting 2 hours to only reach a charge of 90%. Holy chit balls!
😲Oh no you dint!!!!! 🤬

Ok valid point on the second part.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
A dealership maybe.
Well if they paid that for it then it’s over $150k for us mere mortals. Puts me off even further. I’m not sure i’d pay $115k for a Ford GT

Edit: oof I’m not too bright. I don’t think I’d pay $115k for a dealership either.

Last edited:
China's Bid For Lithium Dominance Could Engulf Africa

An agreement to invest $300 million in a lithium processing plant in Zimbabwe is paying dividends for China across Africa.

Zimbabwe is the world’s sixth-largest producer of lithium. China’s Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt bought the Arcadia lithium mine from an Australian company for $422 million, just one of several deals that reportedly have brought “about $1 billion” of investment from Chinese companies in Zimbabwe’s battery-powering lithium reserves. Those investments have helped to raise expectations that China will control one-third of lithium, also known as “the new gasoline,” by 2025.

China's bid for lithium dominance could engulf Africa

Hey @Orangeslice13 were you mean to Homer here in a Bible thread? I know you are very versed in the scripture(s) and also know you would be highly intolerant of disingenuous misrepresentations or out right lies in interpretation and context of the writings like he’s pulling on EVs.
Dude quoted Joseph Gobbles at me.
Yes I was relentless on him.

Or more concerning would be taking a 6000lb SUV and making it an 8000lb BEV SUV like GMC did on the Hummer and Escalade

Where do I need to send the rent check to for living in your head, Ronald?

So, the demand will be for EV SUVs and trucks (and somehow the short/long term parking issues will be rectified in accordance : possibly to reduce the total number of spaces per floor).

Yep. And I’m telling you you’re wrong for a majority of the people. BEV sales are going to flatten out in the not too distant future since A) Americans love their SUVs snd trucks and B) that means they’re going to be forced to public level 2 and 3 chargers for any charging convenience time. Residential chargers won’t be able to service them in any reasonable time and a level 2 residential is going to be the entry point. That is additional cost for the home wiring. At that’s an 1800 lb battery to push those vehicles. Your EV rose colored glasses are going to crack.

So, the demand will be for EV SUVs and trucks (and somehow the short/long term parking issues will be rectified in accordance : possibly to reduce the total number of spaces per floor).
Oh I can’t wait to see the long lines for the $100k+ BEV SUVs, Ronald 😂🤡

And I don’t care about the parking issues that isn’t my line.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Here’s the thing.
Something happened in my life a couple weeks back that has influenced me in a big way. I will not beat on people anymore on here or anywhere. So that means I never talk to that guy again.
Understood and wasn’t trying to get you to. Just based in his absolute disingenuous and even lying posting BS if he pulled that in a Bible thread (and I don’t think he can help himself) I can’t see you letting that pass. Don’t worry I got ya I can pile on enough for both of us 😂

Hope your life event wasn’t something traumatic

Where are all these charging stations going to be? If it takes 40 minutes to get to 40% how many chargers will be necessary…that is only like 12 every 8 hours.

"Charging has been pretty challenging," Farley said, adding that at one stop it took him 40 minutes to charge his truck's battery to just 40 percent. "It was a really good reality check—the challenges of what our customers go through."

Where are all these charging stations going to be? If it takes 40 minutes to get to 40% how many chargers will be necessary…that is only like 12 every 8 hours.

"Charging has been pretty challenging," Farley said, adding that at one stop it took him 40 minutes to charge his truck's battery to just 40 percent. "It was a really good reality check—the challenges of what our customers go through."
Stop questioning the cult’s direction and get in line plebe. And don’t even ask about where the power for the non existent charging stations is going to come from on an already overtaxed grid…. Whoops!!

We could build in an onboard diesel generator to keep the batteries charged
Hydrogen fuel cell EVs solve all the 800lb gorilla in the room issues. They use the same BEV final electric drive. They self charge and don’t tax the power grid. Power sea water electrolysis stations from the new micro scale graphite nuke reactors. Completely zero emissions from start to end.

We could build in an onboard diesel generator to keep the batteries charged
By the way in much of the country that is the cognitive dissonance in action on where the energy comes from to charge these “green EVs” the whole country hasn’t harnessed enough unicorn farts to power all of the current EV demand even.

VN Store

Back