End of Driver’s Licensing

Ricky, ball park - how many times have you asked to see someone's ID just to let them know you were in control?
Huh? This is a weird post? I’ve never asked to see someone’s ID unless I was trying to legally identify them. You watch too many movies 😂

Agree but they should be in jail. That’s the problem with the repeat offenders of all crimes. They never stay in jail no matter if they do it 20 times

You are always advocating for more inmates and tougher sentences.

You realize we jail more people than any country in the world, right?

I don't think anyone has questioned the law, we're questioning the officers decisions and you have yet to offer any reasonable response.

Ya boi Ricky is ride or die with the LEO's.

Say what you will but these guys are ride or die. Which ironically is why one bad apple spoils the bunch, you'd think they'd police themselves but they'd rather circle the wagons than clean up the ranks.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol

Say what you will but these guys are ride or die. Which ironically is why one bad apple spoils the bunch, you'd think they'd police themselves but they'd rather circle the wagons than clean up the ranks.
That profession has more of a "circle the wagons" mentality of any other I've ever seen. It's like if the accounting profession banded together to defend what Enron and Worldcom did, or if people in the medical device industry defended Elizabeth Holmes. It's bizarre.

You are always advocating for more inmates and tougher sentences.

You realize we jail more people than any country in the world, right?

It's like asking a bull shark not to eat. They only see red.

That profession has more of a "circle the wagons" mentality of any other I've ever seen. It's like if the accounting profession banded together to defend what Enron and Worldcom did, or if people in the medical device industry defended Elizabeth Holmes. It's bizarre.

They're their own worst enemy. Often butthurt over public ridicule and scorn when the "bad" cops get caught - but support the unions that advocate to keep those same bad cops on the payroll.

They're their own worst enemy. Often butthurt over public ridicule and scorn when the "bad" cops get caught - but support the unions that advocate to keep those same bad cops on the payroll.
The prospects for the profession depend upon continued public funding, which depends on how much politicians want to allocate to it year-over-year. It isn't like a normal business, obviously.

Given that context, the only thing I can figure is that they've determined that circling the wagons, even if that means defending bad behavior, is a better alternative than admitting when they screw up and removing those people from the ranks. I think they've determined that if they admit they screw up, then they're definitely losing support. If they don't admit it and circle the wagons, it's like they think they stand a better chance of protecting their reputation and continuing to get funding/support they want. Even though that can obviously backfire. I guess they think if they are going to lose support anyway, you might as well fight to try and keep it.

The prospects for the profession depend upon continued public funding, which depends on how much politicians want to allocate to it year-over-year. It isn't like a normal business, obviously.

Given that context, the only thing I can figure is that they've determined that circling the wagons, even if that means defending bad behavior, is a better alternative than admitting when they screw up and removing those people from the ranks. I think they've determined that if they admit they screw up, then they're definitely losing support. If they don't admit it and circle the wagons, it's like they think they stand a better chance of protecting their reputation and continuing to get funding/support they want. Even though that can obviously backfire. I guess they think if they are going to lose support anyway, you might as well fight to try and keep it.

They were Trumping when Trumping wasn't cool.

Nope. I’ve criticized plenty of officers actions if need be. But to say officers are out here looking for arrests for no reason or are all abusers of law and civil rights is ridiculous. The law is pretty easy to understand as are the situations that the police are called to handle in the first place. It’s just the people who never deal with it or understand it are the biggest critics of it. Which is fine but don’t wallow in ignorance and generalize

"it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer".

Ricky thinks 'ol Ben was an idiot.

"it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer".

Ricky thinks 'ol Ben was an idiot.
I never think an innocent person should ever be arrested or suffer. I’ve never once arrested someone who was innocent

VN Store

Back