End of Driver’s Licensing

Says the person who still refuses to understand simple concepts of criminal trespassing on other people’s property and wanted to argue people have the right to do whatever they want in other’s place of businesses

In most states, bars are not permitted to tow cars of patrons left over night. The law was implemented to encourage people to find alternate transportation home after drinking too much. Why would the person in asleep in the back seat be so harmful?

And having run bars and restaurants for years... the cops are usually on the scene for some other reason and decide to roust the guy sleeping it off of their own accord. Bar owners generally don't call the police and say, "I got this guy hammered and instead of driving home he's sleeping in the backseat of his car." They are happy with the decision.

Nope. I’ve criticized plenty of officers actions if need be. But to say officers are out here looking for arrests for no reason or are all abusers of law and civil rights is ridiculous. The law is pretty easy to understand as are the situations that the police are called to handle in the first place. It’s just the people who never deal with it or understand it are the biggest critics of it. Which is fine but don’t wallow in ignorance and generalize

ok.

I'm standing by the notion that if you have a problem and call the police, now you have two problems.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Ricky - A few years back there was an officer that patrolled the beach area where I live. He had a reputation as a real hard a$$ and was constantly arresting people for DUI after pulling them over for offenses such as driving 3 MPH over the speed limit (which doesn't even get a ticket here) to tag lights to the more subjective "swerving." Over 2 year period he had roughly 90 DUI arrests that tested out a 0.0 when they arrived for processing. He claimed they had all failed the field sobriety test.

What are your thoughts on this cop?

Nope. I’ve criticized plenty of officers actions if need be. But to say officers are out here looking for arrests for no reason or are all abusers of law and civil rights is ridiculous. The law is pretty easy to understand as are the situations that the police are called to handle in the first place. It’s just the people who never deal with it or understand it are the biggest critics of it. Which is fine but don’t wallow in ignorance and generalize

Every single officer in this country is always trying to violate people's civil rights or trying to get them to relinquish their civil rights. This is a fact.

ok.

I'm standing by the notion that if you have a problem and call the police, now you have two problems.
Well you have trust issues and a hate for authority clearly. But it is what it is. When I was an officer I didn’t do anything but answer calls for service, try to fix issues that the public can’t take care of themselves, and arrest criminals

Every single officer in this country is always trying to violate people's civil rights or trying to get them to relinquish their civil rights. This is a fact.
They definitely are trying to get you to relinquish them when they ask to talk to you or ask to search you.

Ricky - A few years back there was an officer that patrolled the beach area where I live. He had a reputation as a real hard a$$ and was constantly arresting people for DUI after pulling them over for offenses such as driving 3 MPH over the speed limit (which doesn't even get a ticket here) to tag lights to the more subjective "swerving." Over 2 year period he had roughly 90 DUI arrests that tested out a 0.0 when they arrived for processing. He claimed they had all failed the field sobriety test.

What are your thoughts on this cop?
Sounds like an idiot who should be fired. But you do realize not every officer is like that, even though you just stated otherwise

Sounds like an idiot who should be fired. But you do realize not every officer is like that, even though you just stated otherwise

I didn't say every single officer was a dishonest thug. I said every officer seeks to violate your civil rights or to have you relinquish them.

I think we all know the majority of officers are not like that but as I said earlier all of you guys get stained since you don't get those guys out of the force.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I think we all know the majority of officers are not like that but as I said earlier all of you guys get stained since you don't get those guys out of the force.

This guy only got kicked out because a FOIA request by a reporter. The department knew and continued to let him arrest people.

Well you have trust issues and a hate for authority clearly. But it is what it is. When I was an officer I didn’t do anything but answer calls for service, try to fix issues that the public can’t take care of themselves, and arrest criminals

I don't see law enforcement as an "authority", Cartman.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
In any kind of professional business context (investigation) where you are a suspect/person of interest or even a potential suspect/person of interest. Not talking about chit chat.
In most cases you can walk away and say nothing. In some cases you can’t depending on situation and state. It’s up to people to understand their rights and correct apply and assert them and not listen to the sovereign citizen idiots that “they cant ask for your license just because you are driving” types.
The great majority of officers are trying to handle the calls presented before them and move on. They really aren’t interested in anything other than what’s going on and how to solve them.

I do realize some officers are a holes. Just like some teachers, lawyers, coaches etc are. They are human but some people just hate being told they can’t do something. Even if it’s against the law

There it is. Cops think they have authority over all citizens. Not true. It is that attitude that needs some adjustment.

I don't see law enforcement as an "authority", Cartman. They are supposed to be public servants, but qualified immunity means they have no accountability.
The law is the authority genius. And there is tons of accountability on officers. Just like they are holding public accountable for their actions

I'd love to hear Ricky's thoughts on whether or not you should talk to the police.

There's a youtube law school lecture where the prof brings out a retired cop to explain why it's a TERRIBLE idea to talk to police for any thing and for any reason.

Here it is:

Reactions: 05_never_again
I’m referring to him believing that it’s wrong to arrest someone for being intoxicated in public. Some here seem to have a hard time grasping why public intoxication and DUI exist
People understand clearly why these laws exist. But every situation (especially the case of a person being sleeping in a parked car) doesn't meet the spirit and intent of the law. Oh sure... it meets the letter of the law, but this is where you would hope to have some human intervention to come in and evaluate the situation.

VN Store

Back