Eric Berry running thru the T discussion (merged)

Hmmm, well I guess I am in the minority on this one.

I just feel like EB is in a very different situation. I doesn't come around very often that a true Junior (starter from day one) is a lock to be a top 5 pick that has two unemployed parents. So in this one very rare case it would be known that this is his last game ever and if the team wanted it (and Berry himself), I still don't see any problem with it at all.

It wouldn't start an epidemic of players wanting to do it as Juniors, this is obviously something that doesn't happen very often.

EB could always come back for his senior year if running through the T is that important to him. Just sayin'...

EB could always come back for his senior year if running through the T is that important to him. Just sayin'...

If that was going to be his deciding factor, then I hope they don't let him run out of the T this year......but I still don't see a problem with it this year.

Hmmm, well I guess I am in the minority on this one.

I just feel like EB is in a very different situation. I doesn't come around very often that a true Junior (starter from day one) is a lock to be a top 5 pick that has two unemployed parents. So in this one very rare case it would be known that this is his last game ever and if the team wanted it (and Berry himself), I still don't see any problem with it at all.

It wouldn't start an epidemic of players wanting to do it as Juniors, this is obviously something that doesn't happen very often.

Where do you draw the line? (leaving early, leaving early and are drafted in the first round, etc.) Make the exception and someone will want it changed for them.

Well, I guess we can all just hope that there is some point in the game that we can show Berry our support on during his last home game EVER!

Well, I guess we can all just hope that there is some point in the game that we can show Berry our support on during his last home game EVER!

So you don't think that we are showing it now. I think we show it on every hit, every time he touches the ball, and every time his name is announced.

E.B. is a great player and will leave his mark on UT. I have to say No you have to be a Senior for that honor.

Running thru the T is for Seniors, not juniors who have contributed to the team, not juniors who are leaving for the NFL to make millions of dollars, when you have Seniors who are going to be working a regular job. If EB wants to run thru the T he needs to be a Senior, if he returned next year for that honor, he is nuts.

it would be beyond freakin awesome to the point that i can't describe if he did come back....but if not i have to agree with some of the others. it's SENIOR day, not i'm a first round pick and leaving early day. he has been the heart and soul of our d if not our team, for the last few years..but honor tradition and have seniors only run through the T

yeah although he is a great great player he is not a senior.. i will truly miss seeing eric berry out there in orange. he is the face of our program along with kiffin and it will be sad to see him go, lets hope he represents us well in the NFL.

Peyton Manning was a top three pick his junior year, the greatest quarterback to ever play on the hill and he did not run through the T with the seniors when everyone was anticipating he was leaving. Peyton came back to experience being a senior. Eric Berry is a great vol in the same line with Peyton, but some traditions should not change. The last tackle, running thru the T for individual recognition, winning championships in your senior year are milestones for a college athlete at UT. Come back Eric and truly experience what Peyton did. I quarentee Peyton would not change his decision today. Eric, you can direct the band playing rocky top after beating Fl and Bama next year.

I'll add my two cents worth....I don't think he should run through the T either. That is for seniors only.

With that said, I believe that he will be back for his senior season. I think he is genuinely excited about this team, the new staff and what next year could bring. If you had a year left on a team that finally had some stability, focus, discipline, and was on the rise, wouldn't you want to come back? Plus an extra year with Monte teaching you, getting you ready for the next level wouldn't hurt either. Improves his chances of getting out there on a pro field and understanding things that much more, I think.

And if he is as humble as he seems to be, I don't think a few extra million would sway him to leave early as apposed to waiting a year and dealing with a salary cap. Seems like he really loves playing game, and getting paid for it would just be a bonus.

No wouldn't happen. i don't think he is 100% now anyways maybe 99.9 who knows, but not a 100. i would like to see him get his recognition tho.

he has earned the right to be honored in every which way but not running through the T alone, that my friends belongs to seniors. If he wants to do that before he leaves then he needs to earn it. STAY ANOTHER YEAR!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! V.B.

Senior day is just that, Senior day...Berry is not a senior and has not earned the right to run through the T...Football accomplishments or not

VN Store

Back