Eric Berry running thru the T discussion (merged)

I think I am just sad because there is a chance that this will be his last home game in a few weeks and just don't want to accept it!:cray:

Kiffin may do a special announcement for Eric. He brought him around earlier to various picnic events because he knew he wouldn't be here for senior year. In the past, they have only brought seniors to those events. He deserves special recognition his last home game at UT.

Maybe he will read this. EB, get an insurance policy and come back and play another year under the Kiff. Peyton did this and things have worked out pretty good for him. It is a year that one in a billion get a shot at. Don't pass it up.

Worst. Advice. Ever.

Peyton's family was loaded. Different story.

Eric: if you are listening, go pro.

All players get to run thru the T. Only seniors get named indiviually on Senior day. If Berry has already announced leaving he should be recognized invividually; otherwise not.

It's SENIOR day. Not awesome junior who's most likely going to turn pro day. I love EB and what he's accomplished at UT, but respecting the guys who have stuck around for four years is a tradition and should be honored. And honestly, I think EB would be the first to tell you that. He's that kind of class act.

Black uniforms one time on Halloween = fine, cool, no problem.

Juniors getting honored at the last home game walking through the T = NO!

Love ya, EB, and I have no problem with you leaving early and cashing in, but I can't support walking individually through the T on senior day.

But perhaps we should think about changing the tradition in-line with the reality of the NFL and leaving early. I might be an old fogey here.

Last edited:
From what I have seen from EB, I would think he himself would decide to not go thru it alone as he has never been an attention monger and has never tried to be the "look at me" kind of guy. He has class and I believe that he'd just run thru it with the rest of his teammates.

Berry has always seemed, in my opinion, to be a 100% team player, and hasn't intentionally drawn the spotlight to himself.
I don't see him doing a solo out of respect to the seniors.
He gets 100,000+ chanting "ERIC BERRY" every home game. He knows he's special, and I respect the professionalism with which he has handled all the attention.

But perhaps we should think about changing the tradition in-line with the reality of the NFL and leaving early. I might be an old fogey here.

This is partly what I was thinking. With the NFL mentality, sending a kid to the league early is about the best thing that these coaches can do and they'll want to honor these guys.

No...hes not a senior, and the seniors should have the right to be singled out. Eric Berry is always highlighted, I love EB as much as anybody...but this is for seniors, not for jr's who want to leave early.

VN Store

Back