Eric Berry running thru the T discussion (merged)

I think he should come back next year, win an SEC Championship, maybe BCS, and run through that T with the rest of the seniors. Then he can focus on being the #1 draft choice, besides if he doesn't get a pick and break the yardage record this season it'll haunt him forever, as well as us, because that's as close to the Heisman as the sports "geniuses" are gonna let a Vol get.

If he does run through the T alone, i want him to be wearing a black jersey, orange pants, and black helmet with orange T. :eek:lol:

Everywhere you look Berry is a projected top 5 pick in April's draft. Since it is basically a given he will leave will the staff have him run through the T alone like all the Seniors against Vandy? I know the only players we have ever had leave early haven't decided till after the season, I feel like if his mind is made up we should let him have this honor since he has been such an important part of Vol history!

Thoughts?

Absolutely NOT...Despite what he has and will contribute to UT this is for SENIORS who work through the whole program. He did not finish therfore should not recieve any Senior honors.

No its senior day but i have no problem honoring him with like at the half at VOLS BBALL game.:salute:

EB running through the T vs Vandy would essentially be announcing his intent to not return for his senior year, which in turn could lead to a distraction to the team during the preparation for the bowl. EB is all vol and a team leader and while he may have no intentions on returning next year, he won't do anything to take focus from the team goals at hand.

I would say let the seniors vote on it. I doubt any of them say no.....

This years Sr's might not but.............how about the all the Sr's that have before him. I think it means something to come back for your Sr. year. Do you think Peyton Manning would agree on this. I don't think so. He is one hellll of a leader for our team but you can't mess this one. He is a Jr. If he wants to have a Sr. day I think he should come back next year. I would love to see him back but also know that what is best for his family and for him is to take a first round pick while he is healthy.

Maybe he will read this. EB, get an insurance policy and come back and play another year under the Kiff. Peyton did this and things have worked out pretty good for him. It is a year that one in a billion get a shot at. Don't pass it up.

ha so did sam bradford. isnt working out as well for him.

Berry will never get injured the same way as Bradford, unless he meets a huge offensive linemen, like Andre Smith.

I would hope not since senior day should be for seniors only. Let's hope he stays and gets a proper senior day sendoff next year.

I agree, should be received for seniors only. There are a lot of guys who put in 4 years and will never wear pads again, but their dedication to the practice field helps make players like Berry special. If Berry wants this honor, he can have it - next year vs Kentucky.

He will run through the T on senior day next year against Kentucky. Eric Berry is coming back for his senior year.

He will run through the T on senior day next year against Kentucky. Eric Berry is coming back for his senior year.

Doubtful since I seem to remember reading something about both his parents being laid off in the past year.

He'll get plenty of recognition in front of a the tennessee crowd for years after he's gone. Senior day is for seniors.

If the seniors don't have a problem with it, why should we? I say let the seniors vote anonymously. If one player has a problem with it, then don't do it.

my opinion is if he is a senior he has the right. otherwise no.
i love EB, but no. did Payton run threw his junior year? :)

My personal opinion is that Berry has too much respect for the game and for the seniors to do it. I get the impression that he does not seek any extra attention and prefers to fly below the radar. Running out with the seniors would go against that.

as much as i love the guy, i have to say it wouldnt be fair to let him. the reason for running individually through the T is that the player put 4 years in the program and has made it to his senior year, no matter haow great the player or how amazing the guy is, i dont think its fair to have every player wait his turn for his 4th year (and sometimes 5th year) to run through the T on senior day and allow a junior the same oppurtunity for the only reason he is a good and popular player.....dont get me wrong i love eric berry and i enjoy watching him play as much as anyone, but im a sucker for tradition and i say you gotta stick with tradition in the interest of fairness and consistency

VN Store

Back