Eric Berry running thru the T discussion (merged)

senior day is for people who graduated. berry hasn't graduated so he shouldn't run through the T. that's for players who not only played football, but players who earned their degree. that honor should be more than just playing football.

Everywhere you look Berry is a projected top 5 pick in April's draft. Since it is basically a given he will leave will the staff have him run through the T alone like all the Seniors against Vandy? I know the only players we have ever had leave early haven't decided till after the season, I feel like if his mind is made up we should let him have this honor since he has been such an important part of Vol history!

Thoughts?

Yea next year when he is a Senior

This from an article in the daily times

NO T FOR EB: Though Lane Kiffin has freely admitted he expects junior All-American safety Eric Berry to be among the top picks in the 2010 NFL Draft, Berry is not among the 20 Vols presently scheduled to run solo through the Pride of the Southland Band's "T" Saturday prior to kickoff against Vanderbilt

HES NOT A SENIOR!!! Granted EB is a hardass but that experience is reserved for the seniors. If he wants to experience that then he should come and return his senior year.

:cray:I was the one that started that thread a few weeks ago...I will be at the game and may cry when it ends knowing I may have seen my last TN game in person where Berry is in Orange!:cray:

:cray:I was the one that started that thread a few weeks ago...I will be at the game and may cry when it ends knowing I may have seen my last TN game in person where Berry is in Orange!:cray:

Seriously?

You need to get a dog.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The solo T run is for seniors ONLY...I'm sure EB doesn't expect special treatment and i'm sure he respects that.

I wish we had 11 EB's on the defense. We would be unstopable. Have to beef up the d line a little though LOL

How is this news?
I just heard that Scotty Hopson will not be running through the T solo on senior night either. Oooooo...controversy!

The elephant in the room: EB possibly not getting the record, and that not being an issue on here....
Posted via VolNation Mobile

In a way I kinda think he should be allowed to run through the T. He has given his all to Tennessee and if this is his last game in orange at Neyland I think he deserves the honor. I know the whole senior thing but how could anyone expect him to return for his senior season and risk injury or something just to run through the T as a senior? Most degree earners will never make the money he has the potential to make immediately.

I'm just wondering aloud here, but hasn't EB in the past said that getting his degree in dentistry is extremely important to him? I know his parents situation is rough, but there is no way that his parents are going to tell him to NOT get a college degree to pay THEIR bills. I think EB pulls some sort of Tim Tebow esque "I'm coming back" kind of moment during the off-season! Next year, VOLS Sec Champs! Book it!

VN Store

Back