David Pollack
Todd McShay
Jeff Van Gundy
Jalen Rose
Max Kellerman
Keyshawn Johnson
Steve Young

More to come too. Holy cow.
I hope they keep Max Kellerman away from his wife. He’s admitted to hitting women before. Which is ironic that they let him be their boxing guy.

Glad to not have to listen to Pollack any longer. The discussion could be about who is gonna win the PAC 12 and Pollack would chime in with “What about Georgia?”
I guess he’ll find a way to blame his visit to the unemployment line on UT

…..Stakeholder capitalism destroys companies. ESPN is not profitable & going bankrupt. Disney is not profitable and going bankrupt. Pixar is now unprofitable.
………
Notice how no one in upper management got fired. I guarantee you many in management are looking to jump ship. They know they are next.

Stakeholder capitalism destroys companies? Please elaborate on this using the DOW, S&P 500, or any other metric of your choosing.

Disney is not profitable and going bankrupt? Please elaborate using the last few quarterly financial reports.

No one in upper management got fired? They literally replaced the CEO in November who then ran off the CFO last month while reorganizing their entire operating structure.

Suzy Kolber had been with ESPN for 30 years. She was on the first show when ESPN 2 launched in 1993. It's hard not to feel bad for her. This has to hurt.

.... and her interview with Broadway Joe will never cease to be entertaining. LOL
I have been streaming by internet since 2011. Haven't watched ESPN unless the VOLS are on.
Don't know a thing she has said since then, but I used to like Suzie Kolber.

Just because some of you perceive them to be a "woke" business, you want to believe that Disney is about to go bankrupt. They're not.

Macroaxis lists their probability of bankruptcy at less than 1%. This also gives a thorough financial analysis of the company.

What is Walt Disney Probability Of Bankruptcy? DISN.BA | Macroaxis

Yahoo! Finance even considers Disney to be a good investment.

Is Disney a Good Investment in 2023?

Some of the posts on here are wishful thinking ... emanating from modern day tribal politics. It's the "Go Woke, Go Broke" crowd on here. It's a gross over-simplification.

Stakeholder capitalism destroys companies? Please elaborate on this using the DOW, S&P 500, or any other metric of your choosing.

Disney is not profitable and going bankrupt? Please elaborate using the last few quarterly financial reports.

No one in upper management got fired? They literally replaced the CEO in November who then ran off the CFO last month while reorganizing their entire operating structure.
I did already and I mentioned the CFO firing as well. Look at this point you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I did already and I mentioned the CFO firing as well. Look at this point you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
How about this ....

Let's put the data out there, and let people who are interested, decide for themselves if Disney is in any real straits or not. It is a mixed bag. It is definitely not all peaches and cream for Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and Friends.

The Walt Disney Company Reports First Quarter Earnings for Fiscal 2023

DIS | Walt Disney Co. Financial Statements - WSJ

Disney Revenue 2010-2023 | DIS

The Walt Disney Company (DIS) Market Cap & Net Worth - Stock Analysis

The Walt Disney Company - revenue by operating segment 2022 | Statista

... but you have grossly over-stated how bad their outlook is, and I suspect that is because you are among the "Go Woke, Go Broke" crowd, and therefore, have an agenda.

Reactions: bigeasy
How about this ....

Let's put the data out there, and let people who are interested, decide for themselves if Disney is in any real straits or not. It is a mixed bag. It is definitely not all peaches and cream for Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and Friends.

... but you have grossly over-stated how bad their outlook is, and I suspect that is because you are among the "Go Woke, Go Broke" crowd, and therefore, have an agenda.
Disney also let their Chief Diversity Officer go over the last week.

Admittedly I missed your butchered quoted post. Sorry about that.

For clarity, who is the horse here and what is water?

Some follow-up:
  • I find it odd to see you investing in a company “going bankrupt” given your position that stakeholder capitalism “destroys companies.” Why do you actively participate in corporate destruction?
  • The loss numbers you presented as them going bankrupt - what are they? The direct to consumer losses which by no means indicate the entirety of the company’s health? Just curious as I disagree with your position that they are going bankrupt.
  • Why did you say upper management wasn’t accountable if you knew they were?
Disclaimer: I am a long term DIS shareholder.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
How about this ....

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that. Seriously. Stop it. I'm not attacking you or your personal belief system. I put out facts and my opinion that is it. You ARE obviously the one with the agenda and you also haven't read all my posts on the matter. I'm done with this thread and your toxicity. I'm an apolitical anti-corruptionist, if you must label me. All my posts were politically neutral intentionally. But you had to label me part of the "Go Woke Go Broke Crowd". That's your weakness of character not mine.

Reactions: KptVFL
Are the SEC Network/ACC Network/College Football the only thing espn knows how to do proficiently these days?

If they were smart, the would close their Bristol Conn facility and move everything down to Charlotte to collocate with the SEC/ACC Network studios. That would save them some serious Sacajewea's and they would closer real sports teams.

I think they have Monday Night Football which is their top revenue generator. NFL is still King with CFB second.

ESPN seems to be struggling for some time and it relates to finding ways to make money when they don't have live sports to broadcast.

ESPN is owned by Disney. Disney made ESPN political. Choosing sides in politics costs you the viewership of those that disagree with your viewpoints. Lack of viewership costs advertising dollars. Supporting the WNBA, which no one watches, costs you money. Stakeholder capitalism destroys companies. ESPN is not profitable & going bankrupt. Disney is not profitable and going bankrupt. Pixar is now unprofitable. If you make 3m, plus the cost of your co-workers, plus the costs of production, and the overhead of corporate managers, you better bring in a significant viewership by your presence. None of the people fired really did. They will be replaced by people who make a fraction of what those let go did. This is why profitability & staying out of politics is so important. Notice how no one in upper management got fired. I guarantee you many in management are looking to jump ship. They know they are next.

Let's look at the receipts. Disney generated 6 billion of cash from operations last year. Their cash flow from operations covered their interest expense ~4.5 times. They are nowhere near bankruptcy by any financial metric....

They have their issues for sure but unlike your claims, none of those involve their status as a going concern....

It’s funny that people are equating this to Disney being “woke”.

This isn’t breaking news, but Disney is not going broke. They made $86 Billion in revenue and $26 Billion in gross profits and is growing 13% year over year. They have close to $7 billion in free cash flow. I personally don’t invest in them as their operating margins aren’t great and I don’t see how Disney+ helps them grow.

The problem here is ESPN’s programming. They aren’t getting viewers on their shows outside of the games and a few programs. No one on the list is troublesome for them to lose. It has nothing to do with politics.

Reactions: Chad Powers
^^^^^^Nowadays you pretty much just have to let the crazies talk. It's life on social media. We asked for it by coming here.

We talk about billions of dollars so frequently that people have forgotten that just one billion is an incomprehensible amount of money.

I figure they're having to make economies for one because they've got to pay Oklahoma and Texas to come to the SEC. That money is coming from Disney. And too, I can certainly understand that they feel the need to fill 3 or 4 channels 24 hours a day. They need to be really careful not to waste a bunch of money on that, because nobody is looking.

VN Store

Back