ESPN is imploding

A common phrase nowadays is "get woke, go broke."

In most (all?) of cases (ESPN, Bud Light, others) it's actually the other way around. They have been losing relevance for a long time, and saw politics as a way to get relevant again.

Not sensitive at all. You’re either on my side of the fence or you’re not. Apparently you and espn are not and it doesn’t bother me in the least

Yeah, you want to see them "burn" because you felt a little insulted by one of their employees 25 years ago, and you're drawing a line in the sand with our fans over it. Not sensitive at all. Also, totally self aware

Reactions: zjcvols and Salvare
I am aware that you have won sir. Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and bet you on experience. Congrats

I think she's pretty good too but is she worth $3mill/yr? I think ESPN is trying to re-set their salaries. If ESPN offered her $500K think they'd say no? Folks like her aren't worth millions. Nobody changes the channel to catch her
I actually enjoy Suzy Kolber ( more than almost anyone else let go), but your point about ESPN salaries is on point.
I honestly don't believe 1% of their audience watches the network for the talking heads. When it is not a live sporting event, most people have it on for noise.
I cringe whenever we are in a restaurant with ESPN yelling shows are on.

What if they can not find the money to fulfill the SEC TV contract? Would another network step in and offer lower money to the conference?

Reactions: SpookyAction

VN Store

Back