ESPN is imploding

You think football just wouldn’t be on TV if ESPN didn’t exist?

College Football? I think you’d see a significant decrease of games available if ESPN went down. Sure, you’d get Bama/Tennessee. But remember the PPV days of Tennessee/Vandy? Tennessee/bad fcs opponent?

College Football? I think you’d see a significant decrease of games available if ESPN went down. Sure, you’d get Bama/Tennessee. But remember the PPV days of Tennessee/Vandy? Tennessee/bad fcs opponent?
Not a chance. That’s too big of a market for someone like CBS, or Foxsports to not pick up.

Reactions: HeadVol77 and A.J.
evil-dontyou.gif

I do believe ESPN has financial difficulties. FOX, CBS, and NBC is a heck of a lot stronger than ESPN when it comes to finances. Hopefully, we (SEC) haven't "hitched our wagon" to the wrong network.

Reactions: onevol74
I do believe ESPN has financial difficulties. FOX, CBS, and NBC is a heck of a lot stronger than ESPN when it comes to finances. Hopefully, we (SEC) haven't "hitched our wagon" to the wrong network.
Case of Sankey playing checkers when the B1G was playing chess.

ESPN has to reroute and get back to the product that launched it...SPORTS. WHEN that happens, money will be banked. Cue Armageddon and worst case scenarip. SEC markets itself to the highest bidder...line forms to the left.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Well that would be the first time then.
Not really. He got pigeon holed into no over the air networks. When many people are cutting the cord he is limiting eyes on his product, thus decreasing advertising revenue over a period of time.

VN Store

Back