Evening Scrimmage Notes

I guess the ol blocked and the DL sucked and Neal just stood there until God miracled his ass 98 yards into the end zone. Smh some of y'all are just retarded. All you ever heard about Neal is he needs to be more decisive and explosive and run through arm tackles. So then we hear (from his own mouth) he read the play, made 1 cut when he saw the lane, and had to out run a safety who had a good angle and he went 98 yards w/o getting caught by anyone on 1st team d. But none of that was due to him or his own ability? Gimme a break.

Best post on here haha. Anyone who runs a 98 yrd td deserves some credit. Even more more so when its one of our guys!!

I'm just saying, the longest run of his career has been 29 yards. It's obvious that after the run, Butch wasn't raving about Raijon. I hope he has a great year, I'm just tired of all the dancing, I want him to get north and south and move the chains.

He's due a big year, so I hope he stays healthy and takes advantage of this OL.

Just curious, if the vols were playing any SEC team and Neal broke for a 98 yard run for a touchdown would any self respecting vol fan really be bad mouthing him?

And if so why?

What value does it create to criticize someone who just performed well in practice?

Yesterday ended last night. I could give a rip about what any of these guys did last year.

I'm more interested in what they are going to do about it.

Reactions: 8 people
Evaluating scrimmages is a no win situation. If we run the ball well, is it because our O-line lived up to their billing? Or was it because our D couldn't tackle anybody? Hard to gauge......the drops do concern me though.

Fade's post sums it up perfectly. At first I get excited about Neal's run and start thinking that maybe he has figured it out. Then I start worrying that the defense just stunk it up with perhaps poor tackling. We really aren't going to know how either side measures up until they start playing for real.

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 1 person
Randy Moore just wrote that Neal does have 4.3 speed..kinda surprised me

Rajion Neal's longest run of 2012 was a mere 29 yards, yet he popped a 98-yarder in Saturday's scrimmage. Is Neal finally ready to exploit his 4.36 speed and become a big-play performer for Tennessee?

For more on Neal and Saturday's scrimmage, here's the link to our premium-content story:

Randy Moore just wrote that Neal does have 4.3 speed..kinda surprised me

Rajion Neal's longest run of 2012 was a mere 29 yards, yet he popped a 98-yarder in Saturday's scrimmage.
Against a defense that committed up, he got one clearing block and all he had to do is outrun a free safety on the wrong side of the field.

Against a defense that committed up, he got one clearing block and all he had to do is outrun a free safety on the wrong side of the field.

Go watch the Stanford-Oregon game. The Duck LB's flew up on almost every run play. Taylor who isn't that fast finally began bending his runs back in the 2nd half and gashed them.

Neal made a very good run. Good feet, good vision, great burst. Not sure why so many of you feel compelled to dump on him.

Reactions: 11 people
Reactions: 2 people

Poor choice of a username by you, sir. You're anything but a brainiac. Unless, perhaps, you're like Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory and have no common sense. Seems logical.

VN Store

Back