Explosion in Lebanon

for the people saying "def not a nuke", how do you know? I know nothing about explosives and you guys seem certain
because a tactical nuke isn’t going to leave the building next to it standing

Also, as has been mentioned, nukes send off EMP’s that would leave us with zero cellphone footage of this explosion

Reactions: n_huffhines

Also, as has been mentioned, nukes send off EMP’s that would leave us with zero cellphone footage of this explosion

Not necessarily correct since it was a ground level explosion but there would be some electronics knocked out and that would be making the twitterverse by now.

Reactions: volfanhill

That’s one ginormous fertilizer bomb then. I’m trying to compare this and OKC...

Does a fertilizer bomb have the radius of destruction this on had? I doubt it...

That’s one ginormous fertilizer bomb then. I’m trying to compare this and OKC...

Does a fertilizer bomb have the radius of destruction this on had? I doubt it...

You’re comparing a bombing with one truck vs a possible warehouse/building size. Won’t be the same size destruction.

Shockwave indicates a large (really large) quantity of a high-yield, fast-burning explosive. Military grade, not New Year's Eve grade. The minor detonations seen prior to the "big boom" could have been anything from large det charges to smaller shells / whatever. You don't see "fireworks" in broad daylight from 10km away (in the video I watched).

If it was a ship, it was packed to the load line with explosives. If it was a building, it was full of same.

That shock wave was supersonic. Big boom. Somebody just lost a significant amount of military-grade explosives.

The OKC bomb was 2000 lbs (1 ton) of fertilizer (AN) and look what it did. If there were 50 tons in Lebanon that exploded you do the math.

Reactions: tntar heel
You’re comparing a bombing with one truck vs a possible warehouse/building size. Won’t be the same size destruction.

You’re right...I don’t know for sure and I don’t think any of us do yet. I’m just trying to make some comparison in bomb type and strength(which we don’t know for sure yet)...I’m just trying to understand. This bomb’s blast wreaked destruction on the majority of the city...it was massive.

You’re right...I don’t know for sure and I don’t think any of us do yet. I’m just trying to make some comparison in bomb type and strength(which we don’t know for sure yet)...I’m just trying to understand. This bomb’s blast wreaked destruction on the majority of the city...it was massive.

OKC was felt 50 miles away. This one was felt around 100 miles. BBC news just said something about something seized years ago that was being stored there. So maybe it’s not AN and something else.

Reactions: Pacer92
Shockwave indicates a large (really large) quantity of a high-yield, fast-burning explosive. Military grade, not New Year's Eve grade. The minor detonations seen prior to the "big boom" could have been anything from large det charges to smaller shells / whatever. You don't see "fireworks" in broad daylight from 10km away (in the video I watched).

If it was a ship, it was packed to the load line with explosives. If it was a building, it was full of same.

That shock wave was supersonic. Big boom. Somebody just lost a significant amount of military-grade explosives.

Shockwaves are caused by all kinds of explosives, military grade or even ammonium nitrate ones the Afghans likes to use for IEDs.

The OKC bomb was 2000 lbs (1 ton) of fertilizer (AN) and look what it did. If there were 50 tons in Lebanon that exploded you do the math.

If that’s what it was...I see that as plausible.

Was this on a ship in port or a warehouse?

If McVeigh would have used whatever was used in Beirut, OKC would have a had a huge hole in the ground going two blocks in any direction.

Yep. There’s a difference between fireworks going off (conflagration) and a high yield explosive (detonation). The fuel burn rate and the resulting shock wave speed.

As you probably know you can light Comp C4 on fire and it will just burn. Hit it with a big hammer.... 😳. That’s why we need blasting caps or other precursor charges to set off high yield explosives.

Reactions: tbh and tntar heel
If that’s what it was...I see that as plausible.

Was this on a ship in port or a warehouse?

I think I saw on BBC it was in a warehouse but IDK for sure. Hell I don't think anyone knows anything for sure except it wasn't a nuke.

Reactions: Pacer92
Does anybody really care that a huge explosion happened in Lebanon? It's not like they have a huge safety program there or care about what happens in the USA. They are pretty close to being Iran and chanting death to America.

Yep. There’s a difference between fireworks going off (conflagration) and a high yield explosive (detonation). The fuel burn rate and the resulting shock wave speed.

As you probably know you can light Comp C4 on fire and it will just burn. Hit it with a big hammer.... 😳. That’s why we need blasting caps or other precursor charges to set off high yield explosives.
Then wait a minute... from the ocean view where I said earlier there was an explosion followed very quickly by a second one, sounds like you are building a case for this to have been a precursory explosion that I saw from the ocean view, followed by the main one. Meaning, that that was a planned detonation.

Then wait a minute... from the ocean view where I said earlier there was an explosion followed very quickly by a second one, sounds like you are building a case for this to have been a precursory explosion that I saw from the ocean view, followed by the main one. Meaning, that that was a planned detonation.

I don't think anyone is ruling out some kind of attack. Someone could have taken advantage of 50 tons of free material.

Does anybody really care that a huge explosion happened in Lebanon? It's not like they have a huge safety program there or care about what happens in the USA. They are pretty close to being Iran and chanting death to America.

I think what matters is we have a lot of people here that chant the same towards Islam...

Human life is human life...regardless of political ideology. There’s very little difference otherwise. Kids and innocent people don’t deserve to die because they aren’t exactly like us...

It could have been yes. It damn sure looked like a high yield blast from something military grade. And that takes a shock wave from a precursor charge to set it off. Doesn’t imply nuke though.

VN Store

Back