Fantasy Baseball Questions

nah, not two hind catchers. got Santana to cover other IF spots in case Rizzo flopped hard.

My catchers currently are C. Santana and S. Perez. Rizzo as 1B.

Dude in big need of a catcher is offering me Shields/Hundley for C. Santana.

Do I:

1. take it?
2. see how desperate he is and go for Shields/struggling Hamels and use Salvador exclusively. Or Shields/Goldschmidt.
3. Just hold onto Santana.

The offer of (basically straight up) Shields for Santana isn't enough, IMO. I'd take Hamels in a heartbeat. The Phillies don't seem like they're going to win many games for Hamels this year, but you'll get the impending improvement in all of his other peripherals. The Shields/Goldschmidt offer would have been tantalizing also.

What's the attraction to Asdrubal Cabrera? I noticed that the Yahoo re-rankings had him at 72. I just don't get it. A .270 career hitter (that's at .230 right now) with average power and poor speed for his relative power. I just don't get it.

Preparing for a redraft this coming weekend- what round do you think I could score Jenny wright in?

what type of league and who are the alternatives? this young, he may be a better real life player than fantasy categories player.

what type of league and who are the alternatives? this young, he may be a better real life player than fantasy categories player.

I really don't need a player at this moment. I just wanted some input from y'all if he was worth a look. My league isn't a keeper league.

nati is feisty on a monday. Moreland has emerged some, so Kinsler won't be scooting over to first this year I don't guess.

I didn't add profar anywhere.. And I am in a keeper league. Not worth it yet. And what is even his ceiling offensively as a fantasy player? He's the #1 prospect because he's a SS, positional scarcity, imo. And that's coming from someone who loves his game and has since the LLWS.

Anyone buying a Brett Lawrie turnaround?

I didn't add profar anywhere.. And I am in a keeper league. Not worth it yet. And what is even his ceiling offensively as a fantasy player? He's the #1 prospect because he's a SS, positional scarcity, imo. And that's coming from someone who loves his game and has since the LLWS.

How in the world is he available in a keeper league?

Profar has hit really well at every level and been one of the youngest guys each time. But it is hard to tell if he'll fill up the five standard categories. I don't think he's a burner, and the power won't be there yet. So basically i'm sortttt of agreeing with you and rambling even though I also love him.

I've never liked Lawrie. Never bought in after that first year. He isn't this bad, but I'm not doing my best to buy low or anything.

I only ask on Lawrie because he's a FA. I never bought the hype. I have Longo manning 3rd and no available bench spots. Figured I could do better at Util but was gonna give someone a chance to talk me into it.

Profar doesn't steal bases at a good clip. I think he'll hit a good amount of homers for a SS, especially in a few years, great on base skills which doesn't help in my league, solid average.

12HRs in 2011 in A, 14HR last year in AA. He's only just now 20 and a buck 65 soaken wet so you figure he'll continue to get stronger. He could easily be a 20/20 guy in the majors eventually.

Josh Rutledge is a 20/20 guy right now.. Didn't take a roster spot for 4 years to get there. I don't own Rutledge and don't want to but category juice is attainable everywhere. Fact is profar is a much better real life player than fantasy asset, imo. However I think he'll peak out closer to 30 HRs, which would be a big deal along with a .290 avg as a SS. Just not willing to pick him up now for the 2017/18 seasons.

VN Store

Back