Fantasy Baseball Questions

I picked up Chris Johnson (no one had claimed yet) yesterday. Have Beltre already, offered up Freese for Betancourt and was accepted. Good move? I have been lacking in RP. He has 7 saves this year.

Wow, why don't guys like you play in my money league?

I confused you with the other guy who brought up Freese and is in a 12 team league.

And I don't really think that's a risk but just a bad trade.

Chasing saves is always a bad idea in fantasy.

That we agree on. Especially Rockies closer.

Really rolled the dice, counting on C. Johnson staying hot. He has been money thus far.

Last edited:
James McDonald on my bench, James McDonald throwing 5 shutout so far....like clockwork

Oh yea he is not the centerpiece in my rotation by any means...I just hate wasting his good starts on my bench and having him in my lineup for the 1.2 7ER games. The potential is clearly there and in a deep league he is worth it when he is on like last week and today.

Guy in my league just offered Josh Hamilton and De Aza for Fowler and Doug Fister. Thoughts??????

For those with James Mcdonald (assuming most have gotten rid of him by now though)) Pirates gm hinted that Jeff Locke's spot is safe and the last spot in the rotation will be between Mcdonald and Morton.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Question for any of you guys in more in depth fantasy leagues that might allow draft pick trades. I love the idea, we just started doing it in a league a couple years ago and are running into the issue of some guys selling off their teams real early trying to stack draft picks for the next year. For example, one kid already has 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds.

Any ideas on how to discourage this other than charging the teams that finish at the bottom more money or something like that? Obviously, bad years happen, but we don't want it to get completely outta hand like its starting too...hoping to get some good ideas.

Question for any of you guys in more in depth fantasy leagues that might allow draft pick trades. I love the idea, we just started doing it in a league a couple years ago and are running into the issue of some guys selling off their teams real early trying to stack draft picks for the next year. For example, one kid already has 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds.

Any ideas on how to discourage this other than charging the teams that finish at the bottom more money or something like that? Obviously, bad years happen, but we don't want it to get completely outta hand like its starting too...hoping to get some good ideas.

Sounds like it's a keeper league right?

Yup...23 man rosters, 12 teams, 3 keepers per team.

Give me an example of a trade made in the league that involves a draft pick for next year.

Also, how does your league handle trades? Any approval period or do they just go through?

Give me an example of a trade made in the league that involves a draft pick for next year.

Also, how does your league handle trades? Any approval period or do they just go through?

Here are examples of some recent trades a team made (bolded part is from the same team)

Alcides Escobar and next years 17th rounder
for
Didi Gregorius and next years 8th rounder

Bobby Parnell and next years 18th rounder
for
next years 4th round pick

Jacoby Ellsbury and a 16th
for
Kevin Gregg and a 2nd

Trades are posted on the message board and we have 2 days to voice protests before they are approved.

VN Store

Back