'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

If we don't get all three will you say they can't close?
We are getting all 3 but I guess it’s possible Bates picks LSU. And in that case they batted .667 which is damn good.

Look, we’re not going up against Kentucky, Nebraska and Oregon State for these 4 and 5 stars. We’re recruiting against the best of the best. Can’t win them all. And the sooner you and others understand that the more fun you’ll have following recruiting.

We are getting all 3 but I guess it’s possible Bates picks LSU. And in that case they batted .667 which is damn good.

Look, we’re not going up against Kentucky, Nebraska and Oregon State for these 4 and 5 stars. We’re recruiting against the best of the best. Can’t win them all. And the sooner you and others understand that the more fun you’ll have following recruiting.
I know we can't get them all, nor do I expect it. Why not be realistic? Saves my bvs.

IAH, when you think about it. Clemson, Florida, Texas, TOSU, and in case they havent mentioned it...UGA (aka the Usual Suspects), have Natties newer than ours.

To that point, LSU's, which was supposed to be ours. Is newer.

Reactions: Ron Swanson
I know we can't get them all, nor do I expect it. Why not be realistic? Saves my bvs.
I get it. I’m just a glass half full guy. I’m always optimistic. I find it’s more fun that way. But I understand we’ve been thru a lot of pain over the years. So many keep their cups on.

Genuinely curious why is your intel so much different that anybody else’s? Not trying to hate but just wondering how opinions could vary so much.
I could be wrong. But my buddy seemed to feel a bit different here. Didn't go into any detail at all. Hope it's wrong for sure. I'll see what I can dig up.

Reactions: Volfan39
How many times have we thought that before getting kicked in the balls? I'll get excited when they commit. Tired of getting excited then get let down lol
No one cares about your feelings

If Bates picks LSU I’ll go along with my day like nothing happened because my entire identity doesn’t revolve around Tennessee football. Recruiting is something I follow when I’m trying to kill time. I don’t let it get me down because it’s ridiculous to be so emotionally invested in the decisions of teenagers. Go ahead and clutch your pearls until 7:30 tonight, then come in here and post a bomb gif when Matthews commits like you knew all along.

You wanna be here for the good news but you can’t take the bad, that’s soft. Get a grip.

And unlike Butch chasing star counts, we are actually going after the ones who fit what we need. We can actually begin to be selective again

Yup, sort of like me not getting many dates in my youth. When you are too afraid of rejection to ask girls out, you aren’t going on ANY dates
Oh yes the fear of rejection. That is something we all have to over come. Some just take longer to get over it.

I get it. I’m just a glass half full guy. I’m always optimistic. I find it’s more fun that way. But I understand we’ve been thru a lot of pain over the years. So many keep their cups on.

I am also generally optimistic and I still still double cup. Just in case.

Cup...off.
little-giants-timmy.gif

I really don’t understand why anyone would follow recruiting if you can’t handle being let down. It’s going to happen…a lot! Just wait for the commitment. Then hope it sticks. Then hope they stay. If you can handle it, enjoy the fun of “maybe” along the way to signing day. Maybe we get this one. Maybe they end up being an Al Wilson. Maybe they end up being a player that helps the team, but we never remember their name. Maybe we get players from this class that help as true freshmen. Maybe we keep building a better team. There’s the sunshine! You can also focus on the maybe we didn’t get the perfect OL class or the perfect class to beat GA’s perfect class or the perfect LB or…..and just walk around with a black cloud over your head imagining everything that could go wrong.

Neither way of looking at it will change anything. So, yeah, I am a sunshine pumper focusing on anything good. A player chooses somewhere else, and he is immediately forgotten.

I really don’t understand why anyone would follow recruiting if you can’t handle being let down. It’s going to happen…a lot! Just wait for the commitment. Then hope it sticks. Then hope they stay. If you can handle it, enjoy the fun of “maybe” along the way to signing day. Maybe we get this one. Maybe they end up being an Al Wilson. Maybe they end up being a player that helps the team, but we never remember their name. Maybe we get players from this class that help as true freshmen. Maybe we keep building a better team. There’s the sunshine! You can also focus on the maybe we didn’t get the perfect OL class or the perfect class to beat GA’s perfect class or the perfect LB or…..and just walk around with a black cloud over your head imagining everything that could go wrong.

Neither way of looking at it will change anything. So, yeah, I am a sunshine pumper focusing on anything good. A player chooses somewhere else, and he is immediately forgotten.

With the addition of the transfer portal it has become even more important to learn to go with the flow. Some players you are excited about won't pan out and will transfer. Others will transfer in and ball out for a year and head to the NFL. Just go with the flow and cheer for whichever players are on the sidelines come kickoff and don't worry about the ones that aren't.

With the addition of the transfer portal it has become even more important to learn to go with the flow. Some players you are excited about won't pan out and will transfer. Others will transfer in and ball out for a year and head to the NFL. Just go with the flow and cheer for whichever players are on the sidelines come kickoff and don't worry about the ones that aren't.
That’s all you can do!

We need all 3. Even with this loaded class so far, we're still somehow way outside the Top 10.
"way" as in the ranking number. but in score we are pretty close. Mike Matthews alone would get us into the Top 10 on 247. Cai alone would have us just barely outside the Top 10. Even adding just Spillman (lost rated of the three) moves us up considerably.

IF we add all three, Matthews, Spillman, and Bates, we would be number 5

Reactions: KptVFL

Recruiting is like a 100-game counter-season in football. The games aren't played on a field, so it's hard to follow at times, and the conclusions are largely illogical, but damn if it ain't fun.

I think there are some people that take the announcements too personal and it ruins recruiting for them. The recruit picks up a Tennessee hat and puts it back down, or tosses it off screen and some people take it like this:

giphy.gif

LSU On3 Mod:

Insider Notes: The latest on top LSU targets
*** Florida four-star cornerback Cai Bates will announce his college decision on July 28, and LSU, Tennessee and Alabama are among the schools still in contention. I went into the summer months with the feeling the Tigers would be the team to beat, and LSU landed his final official visit in June. Where do things stand now? After making a round of calls on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, my feelings are shifting. If the decision were today, I would lean Tennessee. The Volunteers have been able to carry the momentum from June’s official, and from speaking with sources, I get the sense Tennessee is out front. LSU very much wants Bates in the 2024 class, and we will see if the Tigers can close things out in the coming weeks. If not, all eyes turn to the Lone Star State’s Kobe Black, who is set to make an official visit to LSU in September and is being pushed to visit for the Bayou Splash at the end of the month.

VN Store

Back