'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

People acting like this staff isn’t having issues getting kids across the finish line reminds me of the “this is fine” meme.
Top 10 currently. Commitments from eight 4 stars and one 5 star since beginning of May. I’d say they’re doing very well. Have they lost some battles to other bigtime programs? Yes. That’s how recruiting works. Not sure why that’s surprising to you since you’ve been following for many years.

People acting like this staff isn’t having issues getting kids across the finish line reminds me of the “this is fine” meme.

You “choose” which recruits we miss out on compared to the ones that the staff has already beat out the other top schools for, so it’ll fit your narrative.

Continuing to hang onto this argument isn’t helping your cause, unless you like to make yourself look foolish.

We got Matthews and Spillman. 2/3 ain't bad 😏 it may be that I have orange tinted glasses but id take the two we got over Bates. We'll be just fine

Reactions: Glitch
Top 10 currently. Commitments from eight 4 stars and one 5 star since beginning of May. I’d say they’re doing very well. Have they lost some battles to other bigtime programs? Yes. That’s how recruiting works. Not sure why that’s surprising to you since you’ve been following for many years.

IMG_4541.gif

We miss out on recruits every year where we made the top 3 but never actually lead for. I think what people are frustrated about is this year our mods are hinting at or straight up saying we actually lead and then end up not getting. It is different this year for sure.

Yep...

E Rushing 5 star
W. Nwaneri 5 star
K Franklin 5 star
J Reddell 4 star
J Marshall 4 star
B Russell 4 star
C Bates 4 star
K Fountain 4 star
D Calhoun 4 star
T Singleton 4 star
Ify Obidegwu 4 star

Just guys that we lead on until we didn't

Reactions: Joe Dirt
I think I watched Friday almost 50 times in College
Same. I have this framed picture in my basement bathroom…

619jSwRL3XL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Yep...

E Rushing 5 star
W. Nwaneri 5 star
K Franklin 5 star
J Reddell 4 star
J Marshall 4 star
B Russell 4 star
C Bates 4 star
K Fountain 4 star
D Calhoun 4 star
T Singleton 4 star
Ify Obidegwu 4 star

Never led for:
Calhoun
Rushing
Marshall
And arguably singleton

Last edited:
Yep...

E Rushing 5 star
W. Nwaneri 5 star
K Franklin 5 star
J Reddell 4 star
J Marshall 4 star
B Russell 4 star
C Bates 4 star
K Fountain 4 star
D Calhoun 4 star
T Singleton 4 star
Ify Obidegwu 4 star

If we led for them what act of omission or commission by our staff LOST these guys for us?

Language by prospects DURING THE DANCE better be validated by multiple sources. Leading before the last visit with all the cards on the table means nothing.

In college I was in the lead for lots of girls hearts till they completed their dance card. I survived the truth and avoided bouts of depression. But yeah sometimes I thought they were losing ground with their selections, ego is what it is.

32 5 stars and we only have 1 committed. Staff gets a 1/32 F for this class.
Tennessee for the last 15 years (not counting last year) has been a mid tier level winning program that lost star credibility with the elite prospects. One year does not get you to the level you need to be at to get several of these super recruits that you are looking for. The biggest thing getting us looks in addition to last year, is the NIL money. It will take three or four years of 9 plus wins a year, before the five stars automatically think of Tennessee. Sorry but high end recruiting will not be an instant gratification process. It will take several years of high level winning. The current staff is doing one hell of a job all the way around , when you consider what they walked into.

Tennessee for the last 15 years (not counting last year) has been a mid tier level winning program that lost star credibility with the elite prospects. One year does not get you to the level you need to be at to get several of these super recruits that you are looking for. The biggest thing getting us looks in addition to last year, is the NIL money. It will take three or four years of 9 plus wins a year, before the five stars automatically think of Tennessee. Sorry but high end recruiting will not be an instant gratification process. It will take several years of high level winning. The current staff is doing one hell of a job all the way around , when you consider what they walked into.

9 wins this year and a decent bowl bid will create some NSD flips when people start to believe the Heup…..

I’m of the belief we’d have about the same type of class ranking wise if we’d gone 7-5/8-4 last year. I hoped we would parlay the 11-2 season into a top 5 class. This class is still very good, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed we aren’t trending that way.

If that makes me a negavol, or “staff can’t close guy” then so be it.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol

VN Store

Back