'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

Not talking about recruiting rankings.

I'm taking about getting guys that can make a difference vs UGA.

Look at Florida if you if you want to shoot that notion that we shouldn't be recruiting up there with said teams. Since people love to use recruiting rankings...

DNas White, Nasir whatever are two DTs that are just bodies at our level of play! They can't turn the tide!

You want to see what Franklin and Nweneri can do beside each other? Look at UGA the past 2 years. Look at Alabama from 2009 - 2018. Tennessee in 2001!

You want to see what type of DBs give Heupels offense fits? Look at Cai Bates!!
Why are you ignoring all of the other guys we've gotten since Heup has been here that can make a difference? It's also July dude, we are far from done.

EDIT

Also Florida is still Florida. We all know what talent is in their backyard and they haven't had 15 years of total irrelevance behind them.

It's also not over. They ain't finishing third.

Last edited:
You're interjecting a bunch of BS that I NEVER SAID! 10 years behind???

Nobody said a damn thing about YOU or ANYONE else shutting up!!

So DON'T TELL ME OR ANYONE ELSE THAT HAS LEGITIMATE CONCERNS TO SHUT UP!!

Take your misdirecting, off topic, MEANDERING justifications and shove it somewhere the sun don't shine @butchna !

I don't need YOUR approval on any opinion I have!

Neither does anyone else need you to be a clever heckler when they're pissed off that we lead for kids that suddenly spurn us when SUPPOSEDLY lead for them.

"SUPPOSEDLY" indeed. Your complete conniption fit breakdown aside, answer this one question? Why is this REALIST vs SUNSHINE PUMPER narrative so one-sided with you and your ilk? Did I SPECIFICALLY say for you to "shut up"? Go to hell for lying. Also I'm reciting a negavol theme with the "10 years behind" narrative. It was said...didn't have to be your quote. You're all huff and bombast with no real solutions...just gotta get this one guy and there are no alternatives....snooze! There was a day (not long ago) when we were in very few top 2 lists. Now we're in on so many that you hemophiliacs can't get past yourselves. With a lifetime of Vol fandom in my rearview mirror, one TRUTH presides...when things aren't working, we're ALL right at the same time. Hydrate you soppy weeper. :cool:

Last edited:
You're interjecting a bunch of BS that I NEVER SAID! 10 years behind???

Nobody said a damn thing about YOU or ANYONE else shutting up!!

So DON'T TELL ME OR ANYONE ELSE THAT HAS LEGITIMATE CONCERNS TO SHUT UP!!

Take your misdirecting, off topic, MEANDERING justifications and shove it somewhere the sun don't shine @butchna !

I don't need YOUR approval on any opinion I have!

Neither does anyone else need you to be a clever heckler when they're pissed off that we lead for kids that suddenly spurn us when SUPPOSEDLY lead for them.

Brother, we went 11-2 with a bunch of nobodies. He has an identical national and position ranking as Tyler Byrd. We didn't miss out on Peyton's son. Touch some grass.

Look at Florida if you if you want to shoot that notion that we shouldn't be recruiting up there with said teams. Since people love to use recruiting rankings...

DNas White, Nasir whatever are two DTs that are just bodies at our level of play! They can't turn the tide!

You want to see what Franklin and Nweneri can do beside each other? Look at UGA the past 2 years. Look at Alabama from 2009 - 2018. Tennessee in 2001!

Florida has only a couple guys who help your point. They have 1 good CB, one good DL, that we don't have similar quality of.

WR, QB, TE, LBs make up their rest of their 4*. we have either as good, or better at.

They have 1 4* OL, is that helping them beat Georgia? And he would be our third highest OL recruit, even without Warren.

and its funny that you bring up Nasir as he is one of the Florida guys. If he wouldn't help us, why do you want to point out his school he currently belongs to as challenging Georgia?

People have been over this, Florida's class = Butch Jones class. yeah its highly ranked, but its top heavy with a TON of filler they beat out a UCF for. Napier is a decent coach, but I don't think he's got the chops to coach those guys up.

Florida has only a couple guys who help your point. They have 1 good CB, one good DL, that we don't have similar quality of.

WR, QB, TE, LBs make up their rest of their 4*. we have either as good, or better at.

They have 1 4* OL, is that helping them beat Georgia? And he would be our third highest OL recruit, even without Warren.

and its funny that you bring up Nasir as he is one of the Florida guys. If he wouldn't help us, why do you want to point out his school he currently belongs to as challenging Georgia?

People have been over this, Florida's class = Butch Jones class. yeah its highly ranked, but its top heavy with a TON of filler they beat out a UCF for. Napier is a decent coach, but I don't think he's got the chops to coach those guys up.

I was surprised when I looked at their commits to see a lower percentage of in state guys than usual (I think). Lots of states involved.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I was surprised when I looked at their commits to see a lower percentage of in state guys than usual (I think). Lots of states involved.
yeah, I think with none of the Florida schools being particularly good there is little draw to stay in state. I think when even one of them is thriving there is more state pride. But with them all being mediocre at best recently there isn't much draw to stay in, like TN lately. And with ALL the best coaches wanting it, Florida does have to turn elsewhere.

and I will say it again, I think a lot of their class will turn out like Butch Jones. Some talented guys at the top, a lot of filler, but not enough to put them over the hump. should be enough to beat the Vandy's of the world, but I am just not seeing them getting to the top of the SEC any time soon. especially with divisions going away they aren't going to be able to sneak into the Division Title any more.

You're being intentionally dense. He's listed as a RB on the Falcons' depth chart and NFL.com. He lines up at tailback on the majority of his snaps. There are a ton of running backs that are also a threat at wide receiver now and they line up out wide some plays. That doesn't make them wide receivers. Not really sure how you could still consider him a WR but okay. Probably just because your fantasy football league is lagging and still let you put him at WR last year. Been word of him moving back to receiver with Bijan Robinson coming in but that's an assumption until week 1.

Reactions: whm324
You're being intentionally dense. He's listed as a RB on the Falcons' depth chart and NFL.com. He lines up at tailback on the majority of his snaps. There are a ton of running backs that are also a threat at wide receiver now and they line up out wide some plays. That doesn't make them wide receivers. Not really sure how you could still consider him a WR but okay. Probably just because your fantasy football league is lagging and still let you put him at WR last year. Been word of him moving back to receiver with Bijan Robinson coming in but that's an assumption until week 1.

Patterson is not a good WR. Josh Palmer is a better pure WR. I don’t play fantasy football. So maybe you need to watch more football.

Patterson is not a good WR. Josh Palmer is a better pure WR. I don’t play fantasy football. So maybe you need to watch more football.

I know he's not a good WR. I said he's a running back now and he is (or was, tbd after knee) pretty damn good. He's also one of the best kick returners of all time. Before his knee injury last year in week 4 last year, he was going off at RB.

1690903827300.png

undertaker-sit-down.gif

This makes me happy. Kirby is always described as “relentless “. It feels good to know that Heupel and company are making other teams sweat until the ink is dry.
Have to be relentless these days in this ultra competitive conference. It’s a war for the top recruits

Have to be relentless these days in this ultra competitive conference. It’s a war for the top recruits

That was the word on the street when JH was hired. Brilliant x and Os and a staff that could teach but wouldn’t be able to recruit in this league. It’s looking like it was either wrong or he’s adjusting.

Reactions: swampfoxfan

That’s not how it works…. This staff was never going to step on campus and immediately start recruiting like Georgia or Alabama….. we are more like Clemson,,,we have to rebuild our brand as our recruiting gets better and better….. we need to get a few stars( which we have done) have the majority of our classes be solid players with very few misses…. So far…. It seems to be trending that way.

OK. Prove that they do not have the talent with development to help "turn the tide". Jalen Carter was the first interior DL taken in the draft this year. Any idea on who was 2nd? Kancey a 3* who Pitt recruited out of Miami at 6'1" 280 lbs. Benton from Wisconsin was 4th or 5th... 3*.

Broderic Martin who was drafted 96th in the 3rd round from WKU... doesn't even have a profile on On3, 247, or Rivals. The draft is littered with 3* and below guys. Even when drafted lower because they do not get the spotlight of playing at a high level program... they often go on to have very successful careers.

I don't know if the staff can find or identify underrated guys. However they are out there and there is a possibility that either or both of those guys fit the bill.

OL and DL aren't particularly easy positions for the recruiting sites to rank. Much of what makes a lineman good isn't easy to differentiate.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back