'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

i think we can flip him. We lead in this recruitment for a while.

Is there an unusual amount of interaction with our commits and players going on, post commitment? Any indication he may think he pulled the trigger early? They still have a highly rated class.

Reactions: UTK
He wants one more title. That said last year was hard on him, he aged more in that season than any other. He has coaching in his blood but I could see the frustration getting to him this year. Hopefully we beat their ass at home this year and give him a good send off into retirement.

I would add to this more than any other regular season game they have Tennessee circled. It’s in their craw and they hate it. Had to choke on that loss for a year. It’s in the player comments it’s in Steele’s comments, it’s in Saban’s comments as well. They want more than anything to win that game and embarrass us. We beat them at home I think it breaks them.

There is no better feeling than breaking an opponent. It's time for is to start dishing it out.

I got another game in mind where I want the Vols to beat the brakes off the team and score 100.

It came out when he committed that we weren't in it as much as we thought. We made it interesting for LSU but never lead.
At least that's what the kid said after the fact. If the coaches still feel it's worth it to kick the tires here, I don't see anything wrong with it. Flips happen all of the time.

It came out when he committed that we weren't in it as much as we thought. We made it interesting for LSU but never lead.

What did you expect him to say? I liked Tennessee better and almost committed there. That’s like giving a shout out to your ex during your wedding toast.

Never say never.....
iu
frog.gif

What did you expect him to say? I liked Tennessee better and almost committed there. That’s like giving a shout out to your ex during your wedding toast.
he could have just been quiet about it, given a no comment statement, or just talked about LSU.

I keep saying it but we have no way to KNOW that we actually did lead. Yeah some "expert" might have said some things but that doesn't actually mean anything. Their jobs isn't to give us the most accurate information, or a fair representation of what they actually do know, their job is to sell stories and get people to pay $9.99 for opinions. The kids aren't the only ones who will put an extra hat on the proverbial table. and then the trolls/fake insiders crop up every year, tell people what they want to hear, so this board (and others) will buy it, only for that troll to disappear.

and of course the coaches don't give up on these guys, its literally their job to keep going after them. with the transfer portal you can never really stop recruiting these guys or leave it on a bad note and call the kid out. The threat isn't just losing the one player, but impacting our PR with any recruit/transfer.

I hope tonight’s game is reinforcing the commit remorse he’s been feeling 😏
After this last touchdown, I hope he knows he may have fallen for some Bs and rethinks his choice . I called it in another thread. LSU will take a step back this year , and with FSU hitting them in the mouth makes me feel better about that statement.

After this last touchdown, I hope he knows he may have fallen for some Bs and rethinks his choice . I called it in another thread. LSU will take a step back this year , and with FSU hitting them in the mouth makes me feel better about that statement.
It looked like LSU players and coach gave up in the fourth quarter.

FSU really took over. I have a hard time seeing them not beating Clemson like they did LSU. They'll be in the playoffs barring two completely random losses.
I think clemsux beats them. Tonight was a home game for fsu, against clemsux will be on the road (night game).

VN Store

Back