'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

After this last touchdown, I hope he knows he may have fallen for some Bs and rethinks his choice . I called it in another thread. LSU will take a step back this year , and with FSU hitting them in the mouth makes me feel better about that statement.
Wouldn't write off LSU just yet. That looked more like the FSU of old. Loads of athletes all over the field. Definitely a top 10 team. I'll be shocked if they aren't in the playoffs. Didn't see anything last night that would lead a recruit to flip unless LSU just has a ton of young DB's on the roster an in his class. Suspect his path to the field might be a bit quicker at UT, but a single loss is very unlikely to change a recruits mind. Kelly is a helluva coach and proven winner. LSU will always have tons of talent to recruit from. If Bates flips, he won't base that decison on last nights game.

Wouldn't write off LSU just yet. That looked more like the FSU of old. Loads of athletes all over the field. Definitely a top 10 team. I'll be shocked if they aren't in the playoffs. Didn't see anything last night that would lead a recruit to flip unless LSU just has a ton of young DB's on the roster an in his class. Suspect his path to the field might be a bit quicker at UT, but a single loss is very unlikely to change a recruits mind. Kelly is a helluva coach and proven winner. LSU will always have tons of talent to recruit from. If Bates flips, he won't base that decison on last nights game.
Your observation around "FSU of old" is spot on.

Clemson/FSU game will determine ACC winner and likely playoff contender.

LSU OLine wasn't improved over last year.

LSU was overhyped.

How dare you come in here and make a level-headed post! Bates is gonna flip, and it will entirely be because of last night and him realizing what a mistake it was not picking us to begin with!

I mean, it'd be really cool if he did flip. I'd like it.

Nah, Kelly proved he can’t win on the big stage.

Dude is overhyped and a shi**y human being.

Kelly a hell of a coach?? I see it so different. When FSU stabbed them with a 4th and 2 touchdown Kelly let his team fold. Same as when Tennessee slapped them in Baton Rouge

Kelly a hell of a coach?? I see it so different. When FSU stabbed them with a 4th and 2 touchdown Kelly let his team fold. Same as when Tennessee slapped them in Baton Rouge

Yep.

When your team loses confidence first game of the year, that’s a coaching issue.

I've seen a lot of week 1 overreactions, good and bad. Does anyone remember Kenny Hill's week one performance back in the day(Texas A&M vs South Carolina)? Don't feel bad if you don't. He was dubbed the savior of A&M football and Heisman frontrunner after throwing for over 500 yards in week 1. Now almost no one remembers the guy, or his performance. I just never put too much stock in what I see in week 1 when evaluating team success or failure for a full season.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of week 1 overreactions, good and bad. Does anyone remember Kenny Hill's week one performance back in the day(Texas A&M vs South Carolina)? Don't feel bad if you don't. He was dubbed the savior of A&M football and Heisman frontrunner after throwing for over 500 yards in week 1. Now almost no one remembers the guy, or his performance. I just never put to much stock in what I see in week 1 when evaluating team success or failure for a full season.
Kenny “Trill”😂😂. Dude got a big head and was outta the starting lineup by midseason I believe.

I've seen a lot of week 1 overreactions, good and bad. Does anyone remember Kenny Hill's week one performance back in the day(Texas A&M vs South Carolina)? Don't feel bad if you don't. He was dubbed the savior of A&M football and Heisman frontrunner after throwing for over 500 yards in week 1. Now almost no one remembers the guy, or his performance. I just never put too much stock in what I see in week 1 when evaluating team success or failure for a full season.
What is this, The voice of reason? We prefer hot takes and knee jerk reactions around Volnation sir

Your observation around "FSU of old" is spot on.

Clemson/FSU game will determine ACC winner and likely playoff contender.

LSU OLine wasn't improved over last year.

LSU was overhyped.
Well, I may have missed the mark on this prediction with Clemsux

Who steps up in the ACC to challenge FSU now?

One thing I will disagree with you on. Kelly being a helluva coach. He has a terrible record against Top 10 teams. It’s also shocking the few games he’s coached against Top 10 teams.

I’m sorry I'm not seeing this elite coach in Kelly. His team looked like they quit last night.

Man you aren't lying. I forgot all about him.

Reactions: bigl3327
Who could forget Kenny Trill!

Reactions: bigl3327

VN Store

Back