'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

I just don’t believe A&M’s WR’s are raw. UT is playing with WR’s that are even more raw.
Not what I meant. Maybe substitute "pure"? I don't know if A&M's staff has really honed their skills but when you look at innate talent, they have as much natural talent as any group in CFB.
UK’s are more raw. Bama doesn’t have a senior WR. UF plays a freshman WR with Pearsall. Just perspective.
Hopefully I've been more clear now.

I just don’t believe A&M’s WR’s are raw. UT is playing with WR’s that are even more raw. UK’s are more raw. Bama doesn’t have a senior WR. UF plays a freshman WR with Pearsall. Just perspective.
Alabama’s top WR is Jermaine Burton, a senior, and one of the best WRs in the SEC. Why would you say Bama doesn’t have a senior WR?

Alabama’s top WR is Jermaine Burton, a senior, and one of the best WRs in the SEC. Why would you say Bama doesn’t have a senior WR?
The site that lists all schools’ depth charts showed Burton as a junior. But my point still stands- Bama doesn’t have another senior WR. A&M’s had very good talent and experience.

Who cares? Normally, the best TEAM wins the game. This game demonstrates that perfectly. Most people think of Heupel as an offensive coach only, but this win show he understands it takes all three phases to be consistently successfu, and he is building a complete, three phase team. Some games the offense will light it up, some games the defense will have to dominate, and some games special teams will make the difference. This team did what was necessary to win a game that very easily could have been a loss. We broke a couple of trends yesterday. Heupel had not won a game when trailing at halftime nor when scoring less than 30 points. Scratch those two negative trends. This team continues to impress me. No, I don’t believe we’re beating Bama or UGA, largely because of QB play. But our defense will give us a chance in both of those games.
Great post last year we had a solid to good defense that was strong against the run with an all time great offense… this year we have a really good defense wish we could see it with pilli I think he would’ve made this defense elite but the really good defense is coupled with a great running offense and mediocre pass offense with a penalty prone offense in the redzone… I know Heup is a really great coach and I believe we will put together on both sides of the ball likely next year but I really believe strongly that nico’s jr year with all of Heup’s players will truly be the year we could be the absolute best team in the nation… I’m glad even with Joes struggles that Nico gets to sit and learn… I think he will be much better than joe because he has a better feel for the game in the pocket and on the run he is just much smoother and more of a playmaker but he can learn a whole lot about the preparation of being a college Qb from joe… I think he coupled with a very athletic defense will dominate in CJH system he will be groomed for it.

Last edited:
The site that lists all schools’ depth charts showed Burton as a junior. But my point still stands- Bama doesn’t have another senior WR. A&M’s had very good talent and experience.

Burton is better than anyone on aTm's roster. And a senior.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

Burton is better than anyone on aTm's roster. And a senior.
Your first statement is highly debatable. Evan Stewart is much more highly regarded by draftniks and NFL scouts than Burton, despite not being eligible for the NFL Draft until 2025. He is universally considered a top-3 WR in the 2025 class.

Point in fact, Burton has only had three 100+ yard receiving games in his entire 4-year career (44 games). Stewart has four such games in 16 chances.

Burton is just a fringe top-10 WR in his own class, to be honest. He's likely behind Marvin Harrison, Malik Nabers, Keon Coleman, Emeka Egbuka, Xavier Worthy, Rome Odunze, Troy Franklin, and Brian Thomas Jr. A case could be made for Jalen McMillan, Ja'lynn Polk, Tez Walker, Xavier Legette, and Juice Wells (injury aside), too.

Last edited:
I think people are conflating talent with production. Burton has had a productive year but is not nearly as talented a receiver as Evan Stewart.
I think this perception is true, plus the Bama profile bump, but from a production standpoint, Stewart has equal/better numbers in one less game.

Stewart: 31 recs/451 yds/4 TDs in 6 gms
Burton: 19 recs/446 yds/4 TDs in 7 gms

Reactions: berryvol
Your first statement is highly debatable. Evan Stewart is much more highly regarded by draftniks and NFL scouts than Burton, despite not being eligible for the NFL Draft until 2025. He is universally considered a top-3 WR in the 2025 class.

Point in fact, Burton has only had three 100+ yard receiving games in his entire 4-year career (44 games). Stewart has four such games in 16 chances.

Burton is just a fringe top-10 WR in his own class, to be honest. He's likely behind Marvin Harrison, Malik Nabers, Keon Coleman, Emeka Egbuka, Xavier Worthy, Rome Odunze, Troy Franklin, and Brian Thomas Jr. A case found be made for Jalen McMillan, Ja'lynn Polk, Tez Walker, Xavier Legette, and Juice Wells (injury aside), too.
So, I am going to rendevous back to my original point. Maybe I misunderstood the original post that stated that A&M had the most raw WR's that we would face. I took that as not as highly skilled or useful. It was most likely a slight to Jimbo's staff. But, I thought it also was a slight to our DB play. IMO, there are schools left on our schedule whose WR's aren't as good (or experienced) as A&M's.

I'm really not going to die on the hill of defending Burton. I was pointing out that there is a talented senior in Bama's WR corps, which has been acknowledged.

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back