'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

Another prospect Tennessee hopes to get into town next weekend is LSU commitment Cai Bates. Bates continues to have consistent dialogue with multiple staff members as well as staying in touch with several current players and commitments over the past week. Florida State is a player in this one as well, and Bates is expected in Tallahassee this weekend as the Seminoles host Miami.
-VQ

Imo,it doesn’t have anything to do with Cai [Jaren Sensabaugh's scheduled visit]. Florida State is still pushing hard in that one too, but I don’t think Cai is the type of kid to let one result influence him. He has continued to have good convo with TN of late. If anything, it should be clear that TN still needs plenty of help in the secondary. What doesn’t help TN imo is that people slam Willie and Banks on social media and call for their job and he sees that. That’s one of the reasons he has looked around outside of his LSU commitment is because he hears the outside noise about Matt House and the defensive staff.
-Matt Ray

Last edited:
I want Cai but if changes to the defensive staff will scare him off then so be it. This program needs a little bit of a makeover on that side of the ball and I am willing to lose a recruit if it means possibly improving the product on the field through coaching.
we were thinking that we had a great defensive haul this time last year

VN Store

Back