'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

So how did Hadden improve? Fairy dust? Despite what you knuckle daggers think, the DBs have been good. We need to upgrade at the safety position because there isn't enough speed there, but Hadden and GJL have played well.
From what I can tell, you're right in that there has been individual improvement from several players in that backfield. I think a lot of the complaints have been directed at the scheme they are running (which may not be Martinez) and them allegedly being coached to never look for the ball in the air.

1. If a kid is making a decision mostly due to his position coach, who besides getting fired, could leave for a better job just as easily, that kid and his family are not thinking very critically. You pick a school, and a head coach \ scheme that fits you the best. Position coaches come and go.

2. Who cares if we land a big time recruit if he doesn't get to play until he is a junior no matter how talented he is. We have seen how young guys see the field under Martinez. Keeping a position coach around to get a recruit that isn't even likely to play for a couple years under Martinez seems stupid as hell.

3. People that get their information and make judgements based on internet rumors, social media, assumptions, are clearly morons. People that let things on social media affect their decision making rather than talking to actual people in the AD, the UT coaching staff and some contacts they should have developed by now around the program are the people you should be talking with about your concerns, and finding out the answers from them, not a ****ing message board or podcast..........

Family members that let random internet posters, trolls, opposing fans, and idiots influence their decisions, should not be in charge of making decisions. These are the types that will cause problems in the future for your program if they listen to random **** on message boards and call in shows.. Every rumor, poster criticizing their son, team, coach etc... is going to cause a lot of trouble for the coaching staff in the future if the family members read and believe stuff said on internet message boards. You really can't take the fan boards seriously as a parent. Not much good comes from the internet, you are stupid as a family member if you expose yourself to the the mental torture of message boards when you have a son on any team in college. The internet is only getting worse with AI Chat bots entering the world. It is very easy for an AI chat bot to create numerous accounts like they were doing on twitter to appear as followers and actual fans, and then with the AI chatbot actually post tweets, messages on boards and even voice recordings now to create drama, push narratives and agenda's and create false rumors and basically cause a lot of havoc.
3CD45622-37DB-444C-89B3-6257669FC1FF.jpeg

i hope we keep both. i just dont see how we can. it's been pretty bad
Banks isn’t going anywhere imo. We’ve had freshman linebackers starting for us. Best cornerback at a talent thin position went down in Hadden as well. Banks has some depth on defense but it’s not really talented depth. Martinez I could see moving on of his own accord. Just seems like he may choose to step away from football after this year. Not set in stone though.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
From what I can tell, you're right in that there has been individual improvement from several players in that backfield. I think a lot of the complaints have been directed at the scheme they are running (which may not be Martinez) and them allegedly being coached to never look for the ball in the air.
Technique being taught and scheme aren’t meshing. Some of it just is talent though.

He looks back at the ball in his highlights, because he has enough recovery speed to already be glued to the WR, unlike most of our current upperclassmen CBs. Maybe the freshman DBs will be better too. At least they are more athletic, so hopefully we can quit playing scared at CB and play tight man to man bump and run instead of this rush 3, drop 8 BS zone that we play now. You can't be so scared to get beat deep that you die by a thousand paper cuts.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Banks isn’t going anywhere imo. We’ve had freshman linebackers starting for us. Best cornerback at a talent thin position went down in Hadden as well. Banks has some depth on defense but it’s not really talented depth. Martinez I could see moving on of his own accord. Just seems like he may choose to step away from football after this year. Not set in stone though.
Was my thoughts.

Quite frankly I want Banks to succeed. Guy took a chance on us. Id like to show the guy some loyalty.

Come home Mr Bates. You will look great in Orange. Playing Corner is the most difficult position to play on D so difficult and many think every kid is poorly coached. But One thing I surly know you need really talented Corners and Coach Willie is bringing in the talent these last 2 classes. I'm willing to give him opportunity to coach them next year. In CHRIST Alone

Just decommitted from corndogs.

Not sure I see is in lead. Doesnt make any sense if he's decommit ting coming off a visit to FSU. Hasnt been to campus for a long time.

Sucks, seems like kid is doing whatever he can not to come here

my bad,

IMG_4833.gif

Last edited:
Just decommitted from corndogs.

Not sure I see is in lead. Doesnt make any sense if he's decommit ting coming off a visit to FSU. Hasnt been to campus for a long time.

Sucks, seems like kid is doing whatever he can not to come here

This seems like a stretch. He’s visiting this weekend so that Florida st point doesn’t really make sense in my opinion.

Reactions: MarcoVol
So how did Hadden improve? Fairy dust? Despite what you knuckle daggers think, the DBs have been good. We need to upgrade at the safety position because there isn't enough speed there, but Hadden and GJL have played well.
When tf have our dbs been good? Hadden has gotten better but who else? No damn body. Martinez sucks and has always sucked.

VN Store

Back