'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

Martinez has forgotten more than all you negative so called vol supporters . He is a very good coach that has been around many years.
This is laughable. Guess what? Butch Jones has forgotten more football than all of us. Does that mean he is good? Remember Derek Dooley? Same as Butch. Does that mean he is a good coach?

Jesus dude you don’t have to be a coach to see our DBs are not coached well.

Here is my prediction.

If he signs here, WM gets none of the credit.

If he doesn't come here, WM gets all the blame.
If Bates doesn’t come here it’s got nothing to do with Martinez. It will be because FSU is a playoff team that has the possibility of winning a NC.

This is laughable. Guess what? Butch Jones has forgotten more football than all of us. Does that mean he is good? Remember Derek Dooley? Same as Butch. Does that mean he is a good coach?

Derek Dooley coached TEs and WRs in the NFL for multiple years soooo yeah, dude is prob a pretty good coach. Terrible HC, but WM isn’t a HC.

And just to play devil’s advocate a little more - do you know the DB’s specific responsibility on each play? Do you know what techniques they’re being taught vs what you think they should be taught?

Last edited:
he's had multiple chances to choose us. And hasnt thus far. Again, the timing is suspect. But, experts keep saying we're in it.
Even if he does "commit" to us next, it doesn't necessarily mean we'll be the last. This is the kind of recruiting situation that you just won't be sure of until the kid actually signs. He'll probably be one of those who does the financial aid thing so he can keep his options open....if that's still a thing.

Technically. He had Drew Lock for a year at QB and Lock’s numbers went down across the board - the previous year Heup was OC - but overall their offense that year was considered successful yes
so he's not a terrible position coach, or coordinator, as some have implied? just a dog **** hc

Reactions: MarcoVol
Even if he does "commit" to us next, it doesn't necessarily mean we'll be the last. This is the kind of recruiting situation that you just won't be sure of until the kid actually signs. He'll probably be one of those who does the financial aid thing so he can keep his options open....if that's still a thing.
i think kid was solid. he's a big relationship guy, it seems. again, i'm not an oracle, this is conjecture.

i think kid was solid. he's a big relationship guy, it seems. again, i'm not an oracle, this is conjecture.
Hope you're right. Suppose I'm a wee bit jaded. The notion that a man's word is his bond and "commitment" still has meaning seems somewhat naive in today's world...especially in this era of clicks and likes.

Hope you're right. Suppose I'm a wee bit jaded. The notion that a man's word is his bond and "commitment" still has meaning seems somewhat naive in today's world...especially in this era of clicks and likes.
There are liars everywhere. Why not? No accountability.

Debatable on Jones and Dooley knowing more about football than VolNation.

Very highly debatable.

VN Store

Back