'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

Because it's debatable. Not sure I'm call him elite.

Nah I said you moved the goalposts bc at first you said recruits know WM isn’t a good coach and that’s why they don’t want to come here.

Then it was pointed out we have a good group coming in.

So you pivoted to asking everyone to name just one who he has developed here.

Somewhat debatable but I'll give that one to you. Another?
Alontae Taylor wasn’t being talked about being drafted and went in the 2nd round….. Doneiko was guy considered too slow to play outside….. he has become serviceable……. Recruiting was below average bc of the investigation…. Last year and this year…. it has improved though…. Who do you think is the player that is skilled but being held back by WM?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Nah I said you moved the goalposts bc at first you said recruits know WM isn’t a good coach and that’s why they don’t want to come here.

Then it was pointed out we have a good group coming in.

So you pivoted to asking everyone to name just one who he has developed here.
The entire conversation started with me talking about elite players. I didn't move anything.

He had the highest DB performance grade in the SEC before his injury. That definitely qualifies as elite and I was certainly a Hadden critic before this season.
Me, too. And while he did have the one notorious non-tackle of Etienne, he had worked to improve in the off-season and did have 3 Ints in the first half of this season before injury.

Interesting. So how do stats lie?
Case Keenum, Timmy Chang, Landry Jones, Graham Harrell, Sam Hartman. The top 5 all time passing leaders in college football history, according to the numbers/stats.

Would you, with a straight face, say that any one of them is a top 5 greatest QB in the history of college football?

Is Donnel Pumphrey the greatest RB in the history of college football?

According to the numbers/stats, Corey Davis is the greatest WR college football has ever seen. The numbers/stats would NEVER make the argument for Randy Moss or Larry Fitzgerald. Would you?

I put stock in numbers; but, I also know they may not always tell the entire story...and, sometimes, they can be downright misleading.

Last edited:
Case Keenum, Timmy Chang, Landry Jones, Graham Harrell, Sam Hartman. The top 5 all time passing leaders in college football history, according to the numbers/stats.

Would you, with a straight face, say that any one of them is a top 5 greatest QB in the history of college football?

Is Donnel Pumphrey the greatest RB in the history of college football?

According to the numbers/stats, Corey Davis is the greatest WR college football has ever seen. The numbers/stats would NEVER make the argument for Randy Moss or Larry Fitzgerald. Would you?

I put stock in numbers; but, I also know they may not always tell the entire story...and, sometimes, they can be downright misleading.
Good points. And I agree. I don’t think stats lie, but they can be misleading if you just take them at face value without context.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Martinez's fate will be decided by Heupel. Fan opinion has nothing to do with it. So if fan opinion of Martinez is what's swaying him, which I don't think it is, then that's something Heupel himself should address with the kid.

Bates is obviously talented. He should be able to succeed wherever he goes, as long as he puts in the work.

FSU's current success is an illusion. They played a great second half against LSU to win that game. Other than that, they've feasted on a weak ACC, and not always looked good doing it. They've struggled with some bad teams. Truthfully, FSU does not deserve their ranking, but I'm not going to argue it if it keeps someone like Bama out of the playoffs.

VN Store

Back