'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

Yeah, I’ve mentioned this a lot but last year only Vandy has less 4/5* DBs.
Bringing it back. That's what Weez and I are talking about. Staff is fantastic. But time for project 2 & 3's, diamond in the rough, exact prototype of what your looking for attitudinally, need to end.

widen the net, and get some players.

Watching SEC Nation, and not one mention of a dynamic player in orange, on either side of the ball, is telling.

I started the conversation talking about elite players.
IMO the last class had 3 elite prospects at CB in terms of recruiting profile (Gibson and Matthews) and traits (Conyers). Further, IMO, Beasley is an elite prospect too.

I think it’s 100% fair to question and criticize Martinez when it comes to the performance of our CBs (reminder that it’s Banks who coaches Safety, not WM), as long as you keep the talent level he inherited in major context. But he’s completely transformed the in that room to the point where come next season we’ll have legitimate SEC contender talent across multiple classes for the first time in a decade plus.

IMO the last class had 3 elite prospects at CB in terms of recruiting profile (Gibson and Matthews) and traits (Conyers). Further, IMO, Beasley is an elite prospect too.

I think it’s 100% fair to question and criticize Martinez when it comes to the performance of our CBs (reminder that it’s Banks who coaches Safety, not WM), as long as you keep the talent level he inherited in major context. But he’s completely transformed the in that room to the point where come next season we’ll have legitimate SEC contender talent across multiple classes for the first time in a decade plus.
Thanks for the actual concise and respectable response. I agree with most of what you said there. So much better than snarky smart @** response you get from most of these dudes.

VN Store

Back