'24 FL EDGE Elias Williams (Mizzou commit)

"Great being back up here in Neyland. It was great seeing the gameday experience again. I mean, 102,000 people, the stadium was packed and it was really loud, especially on that first play when Tennessee went 75-yards.

"I got to talk to the coaches a little bit more than the last time when I just had to fit everything into one gameday, so everything was kind of rushed. This game gave me a chance to take everything a little bit slower and really actually look at the campus and everything."

Williams was accompanied by his family on this weekend's visit. It allowed them to grow more comfortable with Tennessee's coaching staff in what could be his final stop before he makes his final college decision.

"My family definitely enjoyed the weekend, getting to actually speak to all of them again," Williams said. "It was way more in-depth, too. Especially for my family, kind of giving my family a chance because my family is going to be with me every step of the way over the next four years. I want to make sure it's good for them, too.

"They enjoyed the same things I did. Getting to enjoy the gameday experience and getting to be around the coaches. It was great for them."

"It was definitely way more louder, especially with it being the Georgia game," Williams said. "They did lose and it wasn't the result that they wanted, but it kind of gave me a chance to see how the crowd and everybody reacted to losing a game. It gave me a chance to see the difference in winning and losing."

"Wanted to see how they rotate the players, especially on the defensive line. Coach (Rodney) Garner really believes in rotating players, giving everybody a chance. I mean, they have two freshmen that are play so that's really good for me to hear.

"Talking to Coach Garner and Coach (Tim) Banks, they kind of see me as a guy that can play everywhere. From all up and down the line, it could be outside linebacker, to inside, to end, it could be everywhere because them watching my tape, they can see that I'm a versatile guy and can play anywhere on the field."

Williams doesn't have an exact timeline in mind as to when he would like to make a final decision. Coming off his second visit to Tennessee, he's ready to spend time with family over Thanksgiving break while not having to worry about football, basketball or school.

"We're kind of drained," Williams said. "We'll take some time to talk it over."

There are 6 of 133 FBS teams on this list
So what? You seem to have issues when someone voices an opinion you don’t like. What’s wrong with wanting some of our recruits on the rapid risers list? South Carolina has one. I mean geez dude.

So what? You seem to have issues when someone voices an opinion you don’t like. What’s wrong with wanting some of our recruits on the rapid risers list? South Carolina has one. I mean geez dude.

Re-read our interaction just now and tell me who seems to have a problem with what the other posted

You whine like a baby in every post. That’s me voicing my opinion.

why get all worked up over guys recruiting services admitted their oversight? How many more misses have they failed to correct? Your gadfly gene does generate a lot of rational negative OPINIONS on your over valued and over published thoughts. Provoking yes, but not THOUGHT provoking. Your use of the OPINION card grows tiresome and responses after eyerolls. If that is your objective, as it seems, congratulations.

Reactions: vols 30
Tennessee’s visit with Elias Williams went well over the weekend. The Vols are battling Alabama in this one with Missouri fighting to hold on to the four-star. Williams’ timeline will be important to watch, as he doesn’t show his cards very much. He has bounced back and forth on this of late, and he has even mentioned making a final decision by the first week of December. However, right now, it feels like this one will go into in-home visits, and we would not rule out all three schools trying to get him back on campus unofficially in December. This could be something key to watch considering he has only visited Tuscaloosa once so far on a shorter official visit.
-VQ

VN Store

Back