France is Burning

Yup, there are always people out there with zero taste or sensibility.
But there is a world of difference in some amateur “artist” painting something in his basement vs a National Olympic Organizating committee that has spent hundreds of millions of dollars over several years and has layer after layer of oversight and approval steps in place doing what they did. One is a crazed unhinged individual. The other is an intentional and pre-mediated state funded attack on a faith shared by billions.

I was waiting for someone to point out the nuance difference.

It is kind of like Satanists, I could find one for the left Satanists or Atheist that posted something offensive about Christianity and cite to Kamala based on this logic but it would be totally unfair to do that as Kamala had nothing to do with it. (The flying spaghetti monster nonsense as an example is offensive technically).

This was a high profile setting. In fact, this display in a lower profile setting in a different spirit would probably not even be offensive. It is the forum as well as what they are doing.

This entire Olympics appear to be Woke save for some of the athletes who have chosen to remain silent for the fear of being ostracized.

The devil is a liar and he's at work not only on this country but this world. The elites are not politicizing the Olympics.

As soon as Kamala Harris became the nominee, they asked Steve Kerr and Steph Curry, and probably other NBA mouth pieces what they thought. These guys felt the need to offer and endorsement. This is the Olympic games, not a robot call from a polling service.

They littered the gymnastics event with cameos of Hollywood and weirdos last night.

Snoop Dog is an Olympics commentator because he "asked" to do it.

SNL hosts are conducting interviews.

The games are big enough of it's own. They don't have to try to ruin it for the audience.

It wasn't a depiction of the last supper, rather a Dionysiun feast. This is directly from the artistic director. Why in the world would Dionysus be plopped down in the middle of the last supper? It was a nod to Greece, which makes way more sense considering it's the Olympics.

I don't deny the similarities and understand why folks thought it was. However, it was not what many thought.

Last edited:
It wasn't a depiction of the last supper, rather a Dionysiun feast. This is directly from the artistic director. Why in the world would Dionysus be plopped down in the middle of the last supper? It was a nod to Greece, which makes way more sense considering it's the Olympics.

I don't deny the similarities and understand why folks thought it was. However, it was not what many thought it was.
It doesn’t matter that the organizers claim (after the fact) that it wasn’t what we thought it was. The fact is that millions of Christians worldwide instantaneously made the connection and were deeply offended. And sorry but the usual lame “we are sorry IF you were offended” lame “apology will not suffice. A “in hindsight, we should have realized how closely this matched Christian iconography and we shouldn’t have done something that, regardless of intent, was likely to offend so many” would show a modicum of thoughtfulness and humility.
And what I keep hearing from the left regarding “micro aggressions” is that the intent of the person doesn’t matter. You will be ostracized if someone in a protected category is offended even if you had no intent to offend me. So, that’s the rules THEY set. So sauce for the goose and all that…..

Last edited:

I don't deny the similarities and understand why folks thought it was. However, it was not what many thought.
That was my understanding as well after reading up on it. However, given the confusion and blowback from all of this, the Olympic Committee or whoever was in charge of the opening ceremony could help matters if they would make that clarification. Of course, I’ve been working so it’s possible that’s been done and I am unaware.

I think that has been debunked (kind of).

It is actually a combination of both. Dionysus feast set to the painting of the Lord's Supper (more geared at the painting than Christianity itself). It is probably more innocent in thought process than what it is being called out for but it is still not appropriate. Children watch the Olympics.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
The Leftists are pretending like this thing isn’t purposely produced with the Last Supper imagery.

But not long ago they were saying that displaying the OK sign with your thumb and index finger is a symbol of hate for the far right.
It does come across as very much a passive aggressive jab at Christianity and then they pull an Eddie Haskel and act ignorant as to what the uproar is about.

Last edited:
That was my understanding as well after reading up on it. However, given the confusion and blowback from all of this, the Olympic Committee or whoever was in charge of the opening ceremony could help matters if they would make that clarification. Of course, I’ve been working so it’s possible that’s been done and I am unaware.
But the „lady“ in the middle of the table has already said it was indeed a biblical jab. So forgive me if I am a bit suspicious of recent claims that it was something else from the organizers now that they are getting roasted

It is actually a combination of both. Dionysus feast set to the painting of the Lord's Supper (more geared at the painting than Christianity itself). It is probably more innocent in thought process than what it is being called out for but it is still not appropriate. Children watch the Olympics.
As CBS News correspondent Elaine Cobbe reports, the specific part of the ceremony that caused the offense was, in fact, a scene depicting Dionysus, the Greek god of wine. It was reportedly based on The Feast of the Gods, a 17th century painting by Dutch artist Jan Harmensz van Biljert that hangs in the Magnin Museum, in Dijon, eastern France. The painting depicts an assembly of Greek gods on Mount Olympus for a banquet to celebrate the marriage of Thetis and Peleus. The figure seated at the table in the center has a halo of light behind his head.

1722286039934.png

Reactions: NashVol11
It doesn’t matter that the organizers claim (after the fact) that it wasn’t what we thought it was. The fact is that millions of Christians worldwide instantaneously made the connection and were deeply offended. And sorry but the usual lame “we are sorry IF you were offended” lame “apology will not suffice. A “in hindsight, we should have realized how closely this matched Christian iconography and we shouldn’t have done something that, regardless of intent, was likely to offend so many” would show a modicum of thoughtfulness and humility.
And what I keep hearing from the left regarding “micro aggressions” is that the intent of the person doesn’t matter. You will be ostracized if someone in a protected category is offended even if you had no intent to offend me. So, that’s the rules THEY set. So sauce for the goose and all that…..
This whole situation screams of people reaching for something to be offended by to me. I watched it a day later (we were busy during the live broadcast) and knowing all the hubbub I still found it to be a reach honestly. I think the ones screaming the loudest about it are the ones whom mock the same behavior from the far left on topics they get needlessly outraged over. A little situational awareness please…

As CBS News correspondent Elaine Cobbe reports, the specific part of the ceremony that caused the offense was, in fact, a scene depicting Dionysus, the Greek god of wine. It was reportedly based on The Feast of the Gods, a 17th century painting by Dutch artist Jan Harmensz van Biljert that hangs in the Magnin Museum, in Dijon, eastern France. The painting depicts an assembly of Greek gods on Mount Olympus for a banquet to celebrate the marriage of Thetis and Peleus. The figure seated at the table in the center has a halo of light behind his head.

View attachment 662790

The Christian right is always looking for a reason to feel slighted. You can spell it out for them and even show them the painting that was being recreated - they want to believe they are victims and so they'll believe what they want to believe.

I mean what makes more sense, a call back to a Greek feast during the opening of the Olympics or an unprovoked cheap shot at Christianity?

The Christian right is always looking for a reason to feel slighted. You can spell it out for them and even show them the painting that was being recreated - they want to believe they are victims and so they'll believe what they want to believe.

I mean what makes more sense, a call back to a Greek feast during the opening of the Olympics or an unprovoked cheap shot at Christianity?
This is where I am. When you consider context, it makes MUCH more sense to be a representation of a Greek Dionysiun feast. Why in the world would France intentionally offend/anger a ton of people at an event where the world comes together?

In retrospect, I'm sure they'd probably change things up a bit to avoid confusion.

i don’t know; maybe see what the actual PARTICIPANTS believed they were doing? This is from the „lady“ at the center of the table
704ABE2B-EFE8-42C6-BCC8-E0A823D8D9D5.png

Reactions: CobbVol
This is where I am. When you consider context, it makes MUCH more sense to be a representation of a Greek Dionysiun feast. Why in the world would France intentionally offend/anger a ton of people at an event where the world comes together?

In retrospect, I'm sure they'd probably change things up a bit to avoid confusion.
They spent the first day explicitly admitting that it was a mockery of Christ. Only after they started getting pushback did they suddenly start taking about Dionysus
6EF0E98C-FD44-40C7-82BB-5E3931230EA2.png

Reactions: CobbVol
It does come across as very much a passive aggressive jab at Christianity and then they pull an Eddie Haskel and act ignorant as to what the uproar is about.
Except that there is nothing „passive“ about it. It was a deliberate poke in the eye. But here is the thing being overlooked. They thought they were merely mocking Christians when their big concern should be that they were actually mocking Christ.
This is VERY dangerous ground they are treading
EC2F35AC-737D-4FF2-9C5B-97C17B615343.jpeg

Reactions: TN-POSSUM

Did he say that before or after all the blowback? Nah. They knew exactly what they were mocking.

The closing ceremonies need a depiction of a tranny Mohammed. It can be tastefully done, right? All inclusive? Sure.... Let's see how 'artistic' they are.

Cowards

Reactions: OrangeTsar

They absolutely count on that.

View attachment 662790
LOL

To be fair, she didn't post it but shared someone else's post which tagged her.

Not a great decision, imo, which is probably why she deleted it. I would also expect the man who designed the show to know more than a participant.

VN Store

Back