France is Burning

This entire Olympics appear to be Woke save for some of the athletes who have chosen to remain silent for the fear of being ostracized.

The devil is a liar and he's at work not only on this country but this world. The elites are not politicizing the Olympics.

As soon as Kamala Harris became the nominee, they asked Steve Kerr and Steph Curry, and probably other NBA mouth pieces what they thought. These guys felt the need to offer and endorsement. This is the Olympic games, not a robot call from a polling service.

They littered the gymnastics event with cameos of Hollywood and weirdos last night.
AKA there were famous people attending a big sporting event like always
Snoop Dog is an Olympics commentator because he "asked" to do it.
Probably because he's played that role before and people enjoyed it
SNL hosts are conducting interviews.
Yeah, it's on NBC which hosts SNL.
The games are big enough of it's own. They don't have to try to ruin it for the audience.
The things people complain about are very funny to me

Reactions: luthervol
I notice that the discussions of the opening ceremony almost exclusively focus on whether or not “Christians” should or should not be offended. I haven’t heard anyone wondering if CHRIST is offended. The fact that this isn’t even being considered is maybe even worse than the actual ceremony itself. The elites driving culture appear to not even slow down and think that maybe there is an actual risen Christ watching our lives and coming back some day to judge the nations.
God is long suffering but His patience does have its limits. The book of Revelation speaks of a day when the Bowls of God’s Wrath are poured out onto the Earth. It would help the secular leaders of this world to at least give a passing thought to the POSSIBILITY that there is a God that has certain expectations of us. If there is even a CHANCE that there is an omnipotent God out there; that maybe it would be wise to not even take a chance on mocking Him like this.

Posts like this trigger my religious PTSD after 11 years of Catholic school.

Agree. And we should keep in mind not all countries have the same hatred for drag queens as we see now in the US.

You don’t understand.

As the world’s foremost authority on ethics and morality, the US is well within its bounds to suggest how other countries present their culture to an international audience.

Agree. And we should keep in mind not all countries have the same hatred for drag queens as we see now in the US.
In the painting you posted the figure in the middle of the table clearly has a halo around his head. The opening ceremony depiction replicated that feature. No such feature is in Da Vinci’s original shown here. Honestly I think many jumped the shark on the halo alone and it gained so much momentum there is no way it could be walked back.
IMG_3830.jpeg

I notice that the discussions of the opening ceremony almost exclusively focus on whether or not “Christians” should or should not be offended. I haven’t heard anyone wondering if CHRIST is offended. The fact that this isn’t even being considered is maybe even worse than the actual ceremony itself. The elites driving culture appear to not even slow down and think that maybe there is an actual risen Christ watching our lives and coming back some day to judge the nations.
God is long suffering but His patience does have its limits. The book of Revelation speaks of a day when the Bowls of God’s Wrath are poured out onto the Earth. It would help the secular leaders of this world to at least give a passing thought to the POSSIBILITY that there is a God that has certain expectations of us. If there is even a CHANCE that there is an omnipotent God out there; that maybe it would be wise to not even take a chance on mocking Him like this.
That's interesting. I don't think Christ gets 'offended' I think He might be sad, but offended... probably not.

Your options are to “ban bigotry” which only makes the bigots wealthy, or allow bigotry and watch them go out of business.
If it 'made bigots wealthy', so what? The object is to make sure people have access to goods and services, not to ensure purity of thought.
Not serving minorities or a specific minority wouldn't put a place of of business in a lot of communities.

This whole thing has the vibes of when the Islamic community was upset over South Park’s depiction of the Prophet Muhammad.

Reactions: StarRaider
But if that’s the case, then why did Barbara Butch, the self-styled “fat, Jewish, queer lesbian” DJ seen in the middle playing the role of Jesus, post to her Instagram account a now-deleted picture of the scene above Da Vinci’s painting of the Last Supper and caption it: “Oh Yes! Oh Yes! The New Gay Testament!”?

Sarcasm?

But if that’s the case, then why did Barbara Butch, the self-styled “fat, Jewish, queer lesbian” DJ seen in the middle playing the role of Jesus, post to her Instagram account a now-deleted picture of the scene above Da Vinci’s painting of the Last Supper and caption it: “Oh Yes! Oh Yes! The New Gay Testament!”?

Sarcasm?
She didn't caption it at all, she was tagged in someone else's caption

Reactions: gcbvol
If it 'made bigots wealthy', so what? The object is to make sure people have access to goods and services, not to ensure purity of thought.
Not serving minorities or a specific minority wouldn't put a place of of business in a lot of communities.

People would still have access to goods and services.

You’re also confusing a location not having specific minorities with people’s willingness to do business with that group. Just because a location is entirely white doesn’t mean the entire town would openly support a business that discriminates

I can't believe people are still arguing about this. ESPN literally published an apology from the Olympic committee for the offensive content:

Paris 2024 apologizes for 'Last Supper' sketch

It was also criticized by well-known gay athletes such as Jillian Michael's.

You don't get a "do-over" with crap like this. They knew exactly what they were imitating. So, they can deal with the backlash. Fine.

But for the love of God, enough of the Jedi mind trick trying to make people believe they didn't see what they saw.

“For the ‘Festivities’ segment, Thomas Jolly took inspiration from Leonardo da Vinci’s famous painting to create the setting,” producers said in the statement. “Clearly, there was never an intention to show disrespect towards any religious group or belief … [Jolly] is not the first artist to make a reference to what is a world-famous work of art. From Andy Warhol to ‘The Simpsons,’ many have done it before him.”

Reactions: StarRaider
That's interesting. I don't think Christ gets 'offended' I think He might be sad, but offended... probably not.
Then what is the meaning of the Book of Revelation? It is no secret that God is currently giving us time to repent; but His wrath will eventually be poured out.
The Bible is a story of a long suffering God who waits and waits for us to come to him. But it is balanced out by judgment and eventual damnation. A Holy God cannot abide sin. So he provided a Savior named Jesus. If we continue to reject the only way provided; then eventually the clock runs out

I can't believe people are still arguing about this. ESPN literally published an apology from the Olympic committee for the offensive content:

Paris 2024 apologizes for 'Last Supper' sketch

It was also criticized by well-known gay athletes such as Jillian Michael's.

You don't get a "do-over" with crap like this. They knew exactly what they were imitating. So, they can deal with the backlash. Fine.

But for the love of God, enough of the Jedi mind trick trying to make people believe they didn't see what they saw.
The „apology“ was a classic non-apology that blames the victim. Paraphrased it is basically saying „We didn’t do anything wrong but we are sorry if your weak minds are offended by our cultural and artistic superiority.“
A true apology would be „Yeah we screwed up. Shouldn’t have done that. Please forgive us“

“For the ‘Festivities’ segment, Thomas Jolly took inspiration from Leonardo da Vinci’s famous painting to create the setting,” producers said in the statement. “Clearly, there was never an intention to show disrespect towards any religious group or belief … [Jolly] is not the first artist to make a reference to what is a world-famous work of art. From Andy Warhol to ‘The Simpsons,’ many have done it before him.”

Well, at least they are admitting that’s what it was lol.. it looked like drag queen Last Supper with Dionysus on a grape tray at the end.. I guess to suggest ‘see it was Bacchus/Saturnalia’… yeah right they aren’t fooling anyone, they knew good and well what they were doing 😂.. they were being intentionally provocative and antagonistic

VN Store

Back