France is Burning

Well, at least they are admitting that’s what it was lol.. it looked like drag queen Last Supper with Dionysus on a grape tray at the end.. I guess to suggest ‘see it was Bacchus/Saturnalia’… yeah right they aren’t fooling anyone, they knew good and well what they were doing 😂.. they were being intentionally provocative and antagonistic
I'm so tired of the BS. I can't believe after all the media manipulation of the past few years, people still slurp it up...

Keep your doctor
Russian interference
Pee tapes
Vax or vent
Pandemic of the unvaccinated
Horse paste
Biden is in great shape
Threat to Democracy
(Not the) Border Czar. . . . .

These people can shove it. I am fully capable of seeing and hearing things with my own eyes and ears, and I'm pretty fricking smart, so maybe don't bother TELLING ME WHAT TO BELIEVE.

Posts like this trigger my religious PTSD after 11 years of Catholic school.
Hopefully you will never be called upon to bring the band back together and save the orphanage 😉
Every Christian Denomination gets something wrong. I feel the Catholic Church, while possessing some incredible insights into the mystery of Christ, also has a pronounced focus on guilt and legalism. That is why my Protestant forebearers did the whole „Justification by Faith, not works“ deal. But that isn’t to say that my Southern Baptist upbringing didn’t saddle me with a nice load of fear and guilt too.
Mankind doesn’t receive Geace very well. Our Pride makes us want to claim some credit for our own salvation. So every group of Christians has to constantly be on guard against legalism like the Pharasees got tripped up by. The Book of Galatians was a ray of sunlight for me once I dug into it. Salivation is a Gift of God, not by works, least any man should boast.

That's a non-sequitur. If it was about Mohammed it wouldn't depict a Greek feast.
The organizers spent the first day acknowledging that it was about Jesus. Only after they got called out did they start that whole Dionysius gaslighting. See this tweet from the „lady“ pretending to be Christ
41D86A63-C863-4940-85D1-52AF9DB967E7.png

People would still have access to goods and services.

You’re also confusing a location not having specific minorities with people’s willingness to do business with that group. Just because a location is entirely white doesn’t mean the entire town would openly support a business that discriminates
Not if the business in question is the only game in town. We've been though all that before.
I'm not confused about anything. There's a difference between not openly supporting a business and putting them out of business.

Not if the business in question is the only game in town. We've been though all that before.
I'm not confused about anything. There's a difference between not openly supporting a business and putting them out of business.

There’s more than one town in the world and a thing called the internet.

Is your last sentence you saying you don’t want to put open bigots out of business?

I can't believe people are still arguing about this. ESPN literally published an apology from the Olympic committee for the offensive content:

Paris 2024 apologizes for 'Last Supper' sketch

It was also criticized by well-known gay athletes such as Jillian Michael's.

You don't get a "do-over" with crap like this. They knew exactly what they were imitating. So, they can deal with the backlash. Fine.

But for the love of God, enough of the Jedi mind trick trying to make people believe they didn't see what they saw.
The comparison to the Last Supper was ESPN's.

There’s more than one town in the world and a thing called the internet.

Is your last sentence you saying you don’t want to put open bigots out of business?
Buy gas, food, and lodging on the internet when you're in BFE and let us know how that goes.

Hopefully you will never be called upon to bring the band back together and save the orphanage 😉
Every Christian Denomination gets something wrong. I feel the Catholic Church, while possessing some incredible insights into the mystery of Christ, also has a pronounced focus on guilt and legalism. That is why my Protestant forebearers did the whole „Justification by Faith, not works“ deal. But that isn’t to say that my Southern Baptist upbringing didn’t saddle me with a nice load of fear and guilt too.
Mankind doesn’t receive Geace very well. Our Pride makes us want to claim some credit for our own salvation. So every group of Christians has to constantly be on guard against legalism like the Pharasees got tripped up by. The Book of Galatians was a ray of sunlight for me once I dug into it. Salivation is a Gift of God, not by works, least any man should boast.
That’s why we go Non-Denominational.. it’s mostly hey.. let’s go to the source (the bible) and try and navigate this 😂.. when my husband (raised Catholic and Pentecostal 😂).. and myself Presbyterian/Baptist with all of the grandparents).. it seemed like the most comfortable fit for our inter- family religion confusion lol

Buy gas, food, and lodging on the internet when you're in BFE and let us know how that goes.

Given the massive number of air bnb, Uber eats, and electric vehicles, I think you’ll be able to figure it out.

You didn’t answer the question in the last post

But if that’s the case, then why did Barbara Butch, the self-styled “fat, Jewish, queer lesbian” DJ seen in the middle playing the role of Jesus, post to her Instagram account a now-deleted picture of the scene above Da Vinci’s painting of the Last Supper and caption it: “Oh Yes! Oh Yes! The New Gay Testament!”?

Sarcasm?
Possibly. Just to stir the pot a little? People are that way sometimes. Who knows.

Then what is the meaning of the Book of Revelation? It is no secret that God is currently giving us time to repent; but His wrath will eventually be poured out.
The Bible is a story of a long suffering God who waits and waits for us to come to him. But it is balanced out by judgment and eventual damnation. A Holy God cannot abide sin. So he provided a Savior named Jesus. If we continue to reject the only way provided; then eventually the clock runs out
No doubt. He has put up with an awful lot until now. I agree that eventually His patience will run out. When that will be, only He knows.

The „apology“ was a classic non-apology that blames the victim. Paraphrased it is basically saying „We didn’t do anything wrong but we are sorry if your weak minds are offended by our cultural and artistic superiority.“
A true apology would be „Yeah we screwed up. Shouldn’t have done that. Please forgive us“
Even that would be hollow. They knew EXACTLY what they were doing, and they KNEW it would be offensive.

They also covered the rebuild of Notre Dame Cathedral in detail and made a big deal over the bells ringing for the first time since the fire. I haven't heard anyone complaining about the injection of "religion" into the ceremonies.

“For the ‘Festivities’ segment, Thomas Jolly took inspiration from Leonardo da Vinci’s famous painting to create the setting,” producers said in the statement. “Clearly, there was never an intention to show disrespect towards any religious group or belief … [Jolly] is not the first artist to make a reference to what is a world-famous work of art. From Andy Warhol to ‘The Simpsons,’ many have done it before him.”

Read the linked article. They removed the 'inspired by the last supper' part. The artistic director said it was not the inspiration. No one knows from where the unnamed producer quote came.

Reactions: NashVol11
Given the massive number of air bnb, Uber eats, and electric vehicles, I think you’ll be able to figure it out.

You didn’t answer the question in the last post
You're really dancing now. I guess your idea of BFE is Gallatin.
Your question is completely beside the point.

Well, at least they are admitting that’s what it was lol.. it looked like drag queen Last Supper with Dionysus on a grape tray at the end.. I guess to suggest ‘see it was Bacchus/Saturnalia’… yeah right they aren’t fooling anyone, they knew good and well what they were doing 😂.. they were being intentionally provocative and antagonistic
They have not admitted to this.

Reactions: NashVol11

VN Store

Back