France is Burning

I thought the committee was promoting Catholicism with their intense focus on Notre Dame Cathedral, it's rebuild, and the first ringing of the bells since the fire.

That is not a testicle, I can't believe we're still arguing about this. It's just not true, and the fact that people want it to be true is weird

I’m yanking your chain Nash. It does look like a rip. It’s just in a weird spot. You can take that from someone who used pantyhose for 25 years. They don’t rip in that area because you don’t put any stress in that area when putting them on. Like I said weird.

Reactions: NashVol11
So the committee's purpose was to indoctrinate the children in the audience?
I don't know. Drag queens want to read to elementary age children but not senior citizens.

It looks like a kid in that picture to me.

*Did you know you ask more questions than you answer?

I don't know. Drag queens want to read to elementary age children but not senior citizens.

It looks like a kid in that picture to me.

*Did you know you ask more questions than you answer?
I am constantly evolving.

What's your question?

What's the connection between drag queens reading stories to children and the Olympic committee's presentation?

To be fair, they do a lot with seniors. Drag shows, drag queen bingo (it's usually fun, highly recommend), and reading. It's just you don't see it highlighted by LibsofTiktok and such.

Instead of drag queens, we should have only Catholic priests reading to kids.

Certainly that would put an end to all this evil grooming.
In all fairness if there was a push by local clergy wanting to create events and read to kids we should probably be skeptical of that as well. Especially if some teachers and school administrators advocate for it, wouldn't it shouldn't it be problematic?

What educational purpose could either really serve?

At the London games they had a big show with nurses and babies touting the UK healthcare system. Really, that is what the UK is known for, that is entertainment? Just goes to show an insight to these minds that come up with this trash.
I mean that was probably meant to be a celebration of HC providers world wide. We were in the middle of a global pandemic. Made sense.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
I remember opening ceremonies for many Olympics. I remember the first nations when Canada hosted. I remember the Chinese power in numbers and manpower demonstration. Those were well done and captivating. I found the ones the British did missed the mark for me, and kept waiting for it to spin into culture..... Because that's what I expect. And it did to some degree but I didn't find it as good.

I haven't watched the French offering. From everything I've heard it is anywhere from offensive to just plain odd. I had one person tell me it was the French version of a Monty Python or Benny Hill production without humor...... Just really odd and awkward.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I remember opening ceremonies for many Olympics. I remember the first nations when Canada hosted. I remember the Chinese power in numbers and manpower demonstration. Those were well done and captivating. I found the ones the British did missed the mark for me, and kept waiting for it to spin into culture..... Because that's what I expect. And it did to some degree but I didn't find it as good.

I haven't watched the French offering. From everything I've heard it is anywhere from offensive to just plain odd. I had one person tell me it was the French version of a Monty Python or Benny Hill production without humor...... Just really odd and awkward.
There was a lot of weird. The best parts, imo, were Gojira/Marie Antoinette and Celine's performance. The athletes arriving on the boats was cool, too.

Reactions: KB5252
There was a lot of weird. The best parts, imo, were Gojira/Marie Antoinette and Celine's performance. The athletes arriving on the boats was cool, too.
Thanks for reminding me -- I need to watch the Gojira performance

Reactions: gcbvol

VN Store

Back