Fraudulent Christians

Yea, you pretty much did prove his point. He didn't say anything about "nitpicking Christians for minor slip ups". I believe what he said was..."What I am calling out are the real wolves who can’t wait for ANY Christian to fall so they can devour him."

We are all inclined to a particular sin. No human was made perfect except for the Blessed Mother . But you who sit in the bleachers laughing and disparaging those running the race every time they fall are fools. At least they are trying instead of sitting ignorantly assured of their own damnation

What he did was hardly a run-of-the-mill **** up that would be expected of regular people.

I'm not really sure what that means but justify it however you want. At least Tyler owns it. Lol.

What it means is I'm not here commenting on every **** up made by any Christian. How are you all not getting this? The dude presided over a college that would fine you for attending a dance or visiting a member of the opposite sex at their residence, all the while jerking off while his wife f***ed a pool boy. If that makes me a wolf or a fool to you all then I guess I don't really give a **** what you think anyway. He deserves whatever criticism he gets.

What it means is I'm not here commenting on every **** up made by any Christian. How are you all not getting this? The dude presided over a college that would fine you for attending a dance or visiting a member of the opposite sex at their residence, all the while jerking off while his wife f***ed a pool boy. If that makes me a wolf or a fool to you all then I guess I don't really give a **** what you think anyway. He deserves whatever criticism he gets.

So, basically you qualify sin by degrees?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Okay. I don't care if you care what I think or not, I certainly didn't say he didn't deserve criticism and I'm not gonna go search to find out if you've never mocked any other Christians before.

Okay. I don't care if you care what I think or not, I certainly didn't say he didn't deserve criticism and I'm not gonna go search to find out if you've never mocked any other Christians before.

Okay, then what's with all the recent objections saying I proved his point then?

I was taught those things. In public school, in NC...in 9th grade biology I had a Christian teacher though that plainly told us that if the subject conflicted with our beliefs on the quiz/test that we could write in what we thought for that question or 2.

They told us the Earth was 3.6? Billion years old ( IIRC this is now taught at 4.2 or 4. Something) this isnt a fact, as there is zero concrete evidence and the number gets revised. I was amazed and pissed to see my biology book from that year (Holt biology 1991? Had a frog on the front) in a video showing all the lies in textbooks. My book had the fictional illustration of a series of fetuses...from all sorts of animals to human fetus, showing that to be evidence that we ALL had a common ancestor...amphibians, mammals, etc....IN FACT, that illustration was shown to be a fraud made by a German scientist nearly 100 years ago, which was discovered in HIS day and was the cause of him being shamed and discredited out of his field altogether. So WHY in the HELL would that illustration be in my 1991 biology book when it had been shown worldwide to be a fake nearly a century ago??? Because it was "evidence" of abiogenesis, "evidence" that all fauna had a common ancestor. Absolute BS I also recognized in that video another science book that I had with a drawing of the "geologic column" showing the circular reasoning involved. Next to the picture, which showed many layers, including several separate layers of limestone, each deemed to be from a different period many millions of years apart ...it said this " the layers of limestone and earth in the geologic column date the fossils therein, but the fossils themselves including "index fossils" more accurately date the limestone." Wut??? Circular reasoning anyone?

Fortunately my teacher (Mrs. Elder, was HOT 🔥) was willing to do something that might cost her job today, and express her beliefs that did not line up with the textbook. She didn't go into detail, just said that she believed in a Creator, and that we should keep an open mind about the origins of life as we know it. I was amazed 20 plus years later to see the lies that were in my textbooks, as well as to learn that we have zero concrete evidence for much of what is presented as fact to impressionable kids. There is zero evidence for the Earth being billions of years old, and the methods we use to date fossils (radioactive carbon decay) are extremely unreliable, in that 2 samples from the SAME fossil can come back from the lab as millions of years apart...as well having the stubborn and incorrect assumption baked into that method, the assumption that atmospheric conditions and levels of radiation stayed the same for millions of years on end... of course we have ZERO evidence to support any of that...

Anyway, there is plenty of false teaching still presented to kids as facts, as well as flawed logic and outright lies in the textbooks. I am sure this varies greatly from place to place though.

This explains ALOT about some of your posts. I feel sad for you. How many other kids lives did that idiot ruin by misinforming children? Sad

Reactions: Tyler Durden
No, I don't qualify sin by degrees because I don't believe in "sin" since I'm not a theist. I sort of thought that would follow from what I said last.

This post contradicts your judgement of Falwell and what you have said about his sin. But, carry on since it means nothing to you.

Okay, then what's with all the recent objections saying I proved his point then?
Because here we are.

From my understanding your point is, if these were just normal people (non Christian?) and just made an everyday run of the mill screw up (?), then you wouldn't be in here talking about them.

I can't argue that. You're right.

Reactions: Y9 Vol
This post contradicts your judgement of Falwell and what you have said about his sin. But, carry on since it means nothing to you.

It doesn't. I don't have to believe in the Biblical definition of sin to think you ought not be a hypocrite or have wild affairs with pool boys.

Because here we are.

From my understanding your point is, if these were just normal people (non Christian?) and just made an everyday run of the mill screw up (?), then you wouldn't be in here talking about them.

I'm saying that no one cares about Christians coveting someone else's belongings, telling white lies to prevent hurting someone's feelings, etc. People fail to live up to even their own expectations all the time and that's not abnormal. Jerry Falwell's situation is not like what I just described.

Because here we are.

It isn’t my cup of tea, but if it all involved consenting adults then the simple fact is there is nothing wrong with outside of what you believe to be sin. Lump it in with blasphemy, breaking the sabbath, worshipping other Gods and a bunch of other imaginary crimes where there is no victim. The hypocrisy lays totally with Falwell and his beliefs. If “normal people” were “caught” doing it then it wouldn’t be a story.

I'm saying that no one cares about Christians coveting someone else's belongings, telling white lies to prevent hurting someone's feelings, etc. People fail to live up to even their own expectations all the time and that's not abnormal. Jerry Falwell's situation is not like what I just described.
I disagree, but I understand.

What you don't seem to understand is you drew a line, Credo or whatever the Gators name is, didn't. He just said anytime a Christian falls.....and here you are telling me that they "deserve it". I didn't say they did or didn't. I'm just saying they're getting it and it seems that you're saying they wouldn't be if they hadn't done anything. You're right.

It isn’t my cup of tea, but if it all involved consenting adults then the simple fact is there is nothing wrong with outside of what you believe to be sin. Lump it in with blasphemy, breaking the sabbath, worshipping other Gods and a bunch of other imaginary crimes where there is no victim. The hypocrisy lays totally with Falwell and his beliefs. If “normal people” were “caught” doing it then it wouldn’t be a story.
The magnifying glass is on those who claim moral truth. No question. I doubt he comes close to living up to Liberty’s code of conduct.

I'm not defending them.

Non Christians are the normal people here? So it's only a story because they're Christians. I thought that's what we were discussing.

Bottom line, people judge more harshly because he proclaims to be a Christian. If he had committed a white color crime...no outrage or joy from the non believers.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Bottom line, people judge more harshly because he proclaims to be a Christian. If he had committed a white color crime...no outrage or joy from the non believers.

It would be no different had it been an Imam eating bacon. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

VN Store

Back