Fraudulent Christians

So liberals here cannot figure out why Christians do not want to vote for the pro-abortion, pro-gay everything, anti-religion party (*except islam strangely).....

Yet yall always claim to be the brilliant folks, and us conservatives are just a bunch of dumb hicks with our "guns and Bibles".

Mmmmmhmmmmm.

Not all Christians are conservatives.

Both Hillary and Obama went to church. Trump doesn't and never has.
That's kind of an odd note to make. As the intent of this thread seems to be to criticize those that simply go through the motions and put up the facade of being a Christian. Lot's of people go to church or claim to go to church simply for the optics. Hillary seems to be just as guilty of that as anyone

Some ARE dumb hicks for actually believing that crap the Geriatric Olds Party craps out . lmao

Christians vote Dem. Conservative white Evangelicals are republicans. That is what you mean I guess. More black people are Christian and go to church more than white people. They vote Dem.

The actual "Silent majority" has many in conservative white churches that vote Dem but don't voice it openly.
If you want to apply a Christian standard to both parties I'd say both violate what I perceive to be God's law pretty equally. The way we defile our planet is something that I don't think gets accounted for enough in a Christian sense. Especially on the right unfortunately

Love Ken M.
His Pepperidge farm emails are maybe the best troll ever.

Worlds best internet troll.
lpkawqbc1jh51.png

So liberals here cannot figure out why Christians do not want to vote for the pro-abortion, pro-gay everything, anti-religion party (*except islam strangely).....

Yet yall always claim to be the brilliant folks, and us conservatives are just a bunch of dumb hicks with our "guns and Bibles".

Mmmmmhmmmmm.

Jesus would side with liberals on allowing gays to have rights, so....

Abortion is a tough question that could have been cleared up easily by the Bible and/or Jesus but they skipped right over discussing when a fertilized egg becomes a human life.

Anti-religion...there are anti-religious people on the left, but it's not a platform. This is easily reconcilable for people who put more importance on policies they think will make the world a better place.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
If you want to apply a Christian standard to both parties I'd say both violate what I perceive to be God's law pretty equally. The way we defile our planet is something that I don't think gets accounted for enough in a Christian sense. Especially on the right unfortunately
In the western world. It’s not as if we are *****ing in the river or dumping our garbage in the streets. Christianity tends to civilize men, encourage a strong family and contributor to society. I’d say take a visit to the Middle East, China and Southeast Asia and watch regulars (not homeless) use the bathroom on the side of the road. Watch the lack of sanitation. You have a very one sided view.

Reactions: Y9 Vol
In the western world. It’s not as if we are *****ing in the river or dumping our garbage in the streets. Christianity tends to civilize men, encourage a strong family and contributor to society. I’d say take a visit to the Middle East, China and Southeast Asia and watch regulars (not homeless) use the bathroom on the side of the road. Watch the lack of sanitation. You have a very one sided view.

I look at thousands of years of Christian history and don't see much civility until recent history when the west got wealthy and educated. Families are strong in southeast Asia. In fact, in the Philippines where I have lots of friends/work associates, the strong family ties are part of what prevents people from getting ahead. They are Christian and the streets are full of trash.

If they had money, they'd be more sanitary.

Last edited:
I agree with most of that. I don't dispute much of it. India and China are far worse offenders than we are. I was simply acknowledging something that our side does wrong. I think it's beneficial to be critical of our own practices as well. My view on this matter Is anything but one sided

I look at thousands of years of Christian history and don't see much civility until recent history when the west got wealthy and educated. Families are strong in southeast Asia. In fact, in the Philippines where I have lots of friends/work associates, the strong family ties are part of what prevents people from getting ahead. They are Christian and the streets are full of trash.

If they had money, they'd be more sanitary.
Relative to our standards today they'd be considered fairly barbaric, about like how parts of the Islamic world remain today. But if you compare those Christian societies to contemporary societies, then the Christian ones are probably going to come out more favorably

Relative to our standards today they'd be considered fairly barbaric, about like how parts of the Islamic world remain today. But if you compare those Christian societies to contemporary societies, then the Christian ones are probably going to come out more favorably

But is it due to Christianity or is it due to wealth and education?

120 years ago our city streets were filled with horse ****. Christians were still justifying the practice of slavery 160 years ago. We were civilized by economics, education, etc.

Jesus would side with liberals on allowing gays to have rights, so....

Abortion is a tough question that could have been cleared up easily by the Bible and/or Jesus but they skipped right over discussing when a fertilized egg becomes a human life.

Anti-religion...there are anti-religious people on the left, but it's not a platform. This is easily reconcilable for people who put more importance on policies they think will make the world a better place.

I'd argue there are plenty of passages in the bible that put to rest that the god believed in the sanctity of life.

Hosea 9:10-16 comes to mind.

I think the answer might differ depending the era we are discussing. When the answer is decided to be down to wealth and education, then you have to ask why are they more wealthy and educated? I don't think you can totally remove Christianity from the equation. Unfortunately some of the darker elements of organized religion probably also contribute. If you look at the Renaissance era Catholic Church they undoubtedly contributed to the successful development of Western and Central Europe.

I think the answer might differ depending the era we are discussing. When the answer is decided to be down to wealth and education, then you have to ask why are they more wealthy and educated? I don't think you can totally remove Christianity from the equation. Unfortunately some of the darker elements of organized religion probably also contribute. If you look at the Renaissance era Catholic Church they undoubtedly contributed to the successful development of Western and Central Europe.

I'm not removing Christianity from the equation, I'm saying the claim that "Christianity tends to civilize" is shakey at best.

Religion is something that divides people, ipso facto Christianity divides, and division tends to lead to a lack of civility.

So on the net, is Christianity a civilizing agent? IDK.

I'm not removing Christianity from the equation, I'm saying the claim that "Christianity tends to civilize" is shakey at best.

Religion is something that divides people, ipso facto Christianity divides, and division tends to lead to a lack of civility.

So on the net, is Christianity a civilizing agent? IDK.
I see what you are getting at. Yes I think on the balance Christianity has been a positive factor in civilizing the people of Europe. I think it's acted as a restraint against the excesses of human desire. I think it installed a system of morality that has proven beneficial for civilization. I'm not contending that it is the only factor that contributed to Western primacy

I see what you are getting at. Yes I think on the balance Christianity has been a positive factor in civilizing the people of Europe. I think it's acted as a restraint against the excesses of human desire. I think it installed a system of morality that has proven beneficial for civilization. I'm not contending that it is the only factor that contributed to Western primacy

But in this post you're only looking at the good. Look at all the bad done by leaders and followers who thought their actions were justified by God.

Religion has been around forever, so it's hard to say what kind of effect it actually has on our morality. Being good for a reward (eternal paradise) isn't exactly moral and conversely, I question the moral incentives created by a system where you know you can be saved without being moral.

It's clear to me that it's led to advances in civility, but also steps backwards. The same can be said for any religion.

But in this post you're only looking at the good. Look at all the bad done by leaders and followers who thought their actions were justified by God.

It's clear to me that it's led to advances in civility, but also steps backwards. The same can be said for any religion.
No I'm not. A few post ago I mentioned the darker influences that organized religion can have. I didn't enumerate them because I'm already overly wordy as is😂. I mentioned the Catholic Church right after I said "darker elements" for a reason, I was trying to allude to their well known sometimes terrible history. Also notice in my previous post I used the term "on the balance", which is implying that organized religion has brought it's negatives as well. I may not have went into detail on them but I certainly acknowledged the presence of the negatives.

Reactions: n_huffhines
But is it due to Christianity or is it due to wealth and education?

120 years ago our city streets were filled with horse ****. Christians were still justifying the practice of slavery 160 years ago. We were civilized by economics, education, etc.
Uh, people were justifying slavery. There were thousands of African slave traders. It wasn’t a “Christian” Thing.

120 years ago in those western, Christian areas, things were better than they are now in much of the 3rd world. About 1.5 million die every year from TB. You are assuming those things happened apart from Christian influence. Much of the art, music and innovation were prompted by Christian society.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Uh, people were justifying slavery. There were thousands of African slave traders. It wasn’t a “Christian” Thing.

120 years ago in those western, Christian areas, things were better than they are now in much of the 3rd world. About 1.5 million die every year from TB. You are assuming those things happened apart from Christian influence. Much of the art, music and innovation were prompted by Christian society.

I didn't say it was a Christian thing. The point is that their religion didn't civilize Christians enough in nearly 2k years to stop justifying the practice. Economic progress and education are what did it. I think we became more moral in that regard in large part because we could afford to and our increasing intellect stopped allowing us to justify it.

Education and wealth is what led us to defeat TB in the first world. Science, which has been opposed by Christian leaders throughout history, is the reason for that. Although Christians worldwide now encourage education for all, that wasn't the case for a long time, and they still oppose science in many instances to this day. People weren't even allowed by their religious leaders to read the Bible, back in the day.

We can't really get anywhere with this conversation because pointing to things that Christians did with superior wealth and education doesn't really counter my point.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back