Free Kasey

I am in the wrong age group. I had one FB account and I deleted it years ago. That was a great decision.

Honestly, I am surprised to know Twitter allows those statements to stay up.
It’s all just trouble and drama anyway.. social media destroys marriages, friendships, and families that would otherwise be intact if people just actually interacted normally lol

Someone else mentioned this and I think it rings true. It’s kind of off topic but, the odd thing about words, they only have power over you if it offends you. If someone calls you a name, and it doesn’t upset you, it has no power over you. If the person that said it doesn’t get the response that they wanted they won’t call you that again. They might try a different word, but not reacting can essentially make the word useless.
I’ve been called names, but in most cases the person calling me names doesn’t know me, doesn’t know the truth but decided to judge me while not having all the information. I don’t care what that person thinks. I don’t know them, and if they judge others without all the details, I don’t care, I’m more secure in myself to let a slur affect me. sorry to get all philosophical. But I think a lot of todays issues are because people look for ways to be offended, to create drama. That’s what’s on TV, therefore that must be how life should be.
I guess the bigger question is.......is a person justified in taking offense to a person who is intentionally trying to offend them?

It may not be the words they find offensive but the fact that someone is intentionally trying to offend them that they find offensive.

I guess the bigger question is.......is a person justified in taking offense to a person who is intentionally trying to offend them?

It may not be the words they find offensive but the fact that someone is intentionally trying to offend them that they find offensive.
For me, I'm bigger than that. I will not allow someone else to hold that kind of power over me.

Lol. You can’t answer a simple question and keep responding to a point no one is disputing.

You are asking subjective questions. Who judges whether a company or university has made the right decision outside of a court of law. Make a valid argument.

You are asking subjective questions. Who judges whether a company or university has made the right decision outside of a court of law. Make a valid argument.

Come back when you are able to answer a simple question. I won’t hold my breath.

For one, she seems really interested that people don’t do things to offend black people. Seems like a stark change from her teenage years when she was using words offensive to black people.

What has she actually done? No one knows but people are willing to go to bat for her. I keep getting arguments that she has gotten older. Serial killers get older. People have a soft spot for their cause.

It’s all just trouble and drama anyway.. social media destroys marriages, friendships, and families that would otherwise be intact if people just actually interacted normally lol

Maybe you’re right. I’m not sure I agree, but lemme slide it to your DMs so we can talk about it 😂 Kidding! Haha

If someone is trying to offend you and you let them you necessarily cede some control to them. Deal with them if you must, but avoid let them provoke you.

UT will be woke as long as Donde is there.
Who gives a F***? Don’t you people have anything better to do than argue politics with strangers on the internet. I’ll argue football with y’all all day and die on my hill. Bump this **** to the politics forum

Reactions: kcvols1
For me, I'm bigger than that. I will not allow someone else to hold that kind of power over me.
I don't view it in any way as giving someone power over me, really more of the opposite. It's like this, some bully continually calls your kindergarten aged daughter an ugly poopy head. It bothers your daughter. You teach her that they are only words and she should not let words hurt her....but you know it is not the words that are the issue, but the fact that there is a kid intentionally trying to upset your daughter. The issue is not the words that the person is using, but the person who is using the words. That's a critical distinction.

I don't view it in any way as giving someone power over me, really more of the opposite. It's like this, some bully continually calls your kindergarten aged daughter an ugly poopy head. It bothers your daughter. You teach her that they are only words and she should not let words hurt her....but you know it is not the words that are the issue, but the fact that there is a kid intentionally trying to upset your daughter. The issue is not the words that the person is using, it's the person who is using the words. That's a critical distinction.

Sure, and bullies don’t solve themselves. I’m not advocating to just ignore them. Just don’t let them control your emotions

VN Store

Back