'24 GA LB Sammy Brown (Clemson commit)

You’re foolish.

Show me where Heupel is throwing around religion and getting rapists to lecture about “culture.”
That is your problem, not Clemson's. They can run their program anyway they want, just as we do. If religion is important to them let them be that. Who cares beside you? It is obvious that there are some athletes value that and others do not.

The same could be said for UT valuing family. Many of our recruits say that they are treated like family so I guess we are a cult too!!

People need to stop the name calling and identity labels. Shows a lack of class.

Well in cults, the expectation and standard is to listen and obey the cult leader 🤷
As it is with every football team, employer, parent child-relationship, military unit, etc. Having rules or a hierarchy of authority doesn't make something a cult... even if you don't like the leader or agree with the rules.

Even if Clemson's program qualified as a "cult"... and it doesn't... telling kids they have to shut their recruitment down after committing wouldn't be proof. That's a lot more of a business arrangement than a "cult".

Clemson has a culture that Dabo and people around that program have worked to develop and project. They're a rival for recruits so I don't expect some here to be objective in their criticisms. But Heupel is working hard to develop something similar at UT. Every team or group of people develops a "culture" of some kind. Some are disciplined. Some are loose. Some produce successful results... then you have what we all experienced as Fulmer declined and a succession of duds were hired.

FTR, if you are using the term "cult" in the benign sense of people who share a culture, philosophy, set of beliefs, etc... then yes Clemson is a cult as is UT.

As it is with every football team, employer, parent child-relationship, military unit, etc. Having rules or a hierarchy of authority doesn't make something a cult... even if you don't like the leader or agree with the rules.

Even if Clemson's program qualified as a "cult"... and it doesn't... telling kids they have to shut their recruitment down after committing wouldn't be proof. That's a lot more of a business arrangement than a "cult".

Clemson has a culture that Dabo and people around that program have worked to develop and project. They're a rival for recruits so I don't expect some here to be objective in their criticisms. But Heupel is working hard to develop something similar at UT. Every team or group of people develops a "culture" of some kind. Some are disciplined. Some are loose. Some produce successful results... then you have what we all experienced as Fulmer declined and a succession of duds were hired.
Thats all fine and dandy. To tell guys to not visit once you’re committed, but recruit other guys who are committed elsewhere to visit your campus is hypocritical. And stop using religion every time you speak publicly. If there is a god, his influence on the result in sporting events is probably at the bottom of the priority list. 🙄

This was Dabo to Sammy this weekend…

SafeDistinctIriomotecat-max-1mb.gif
That movie is a classic.

As long as Clemson holds up their end of the bargain (ie, doesn’t recruit over a commit), I like the way they handle it. It’s much more straightforward; “if you commit here, you have a spot but we expect you to honour the commitment and shut down your recruitment”
A young man like him has more power than y'all let on. If he decided to take visits, what would Clemson do? He can choose where he wants to go. He's doing them a favor, not the other way around.

A young man like him has more power than y'all let on. If he decided to take visits, what would Clemson do? He can choose where he wants to go. He's doing them a favor, not the other way around.
💯. Say he commits and visits somewhere else, you think clemsux is going to drop him? Hell no they aint. Thats why it boggles my mind, that recuits of high status dont visit more schools after they visit dabo n co.

Thats all fine and dandy. To tell guys to not visit once you’re committed, but recruit other guys who are committed elsewhere to visit your campus is hypocritical.
No it isn't. It is taking advantage of a perceived opportunity. If those other programs don't want their guys visiting elsewhere then they need to adopt the same rule.

And stop using religion every time you speak publicly.
No. I'll reference God when and if I choose to do so unless Freak has a problem with it. You reference whatever is relevant in your life... I'll do the same.

If there is a god
There is.
, his influence on the result in sporting events is probably at the bottom of the priority list. 🙄
Why? How do you who questions His existence presume to speak for what he cares about? Jesus said in Matthew 6 that God cares about something as trivial to us as making sure birds have something to eat. Luke 12 quotes Jesus saying that God cares about the number of hairs on your head and that God does not forget even a single sparrow.

So yes... He cares about everything we do and how/why we do it. In fact, for a Christian, everything they do including work, sports, or anything else in life is supposed to be done for God's glory.

No it isn't. It is taking advantage of a perceived opportunity. If those other programs don't want their guys visiting elsewhere then they need to adopt the same rule.

No. I'll reference God when and if I choose to do so unless Freak has a problem with it. You reference whatever is relevant in your life... I'll do the same.

There is. Why? How do you who questions His existence presume to speak for what he cares about? Jesus said in Matthew 6 that God cares about something as trivial to us as making sure birds have something to eat. Luke 12 quotes Jesus saying that God cares about the number of hairs on your head and that God does not forget even a single sparrow.

So yes... He cares about everything we do and how/why we do it. In fact, for a Christian, everything they do including work, sports, or anything else in life is supposed to be done for God's glory.

all the eye roll gifs

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Thats all fine and dandy. To tell guys to not visit once you’re committed, but recruit other guys who are committed elsewhere to visit your campus is hypocritical. And stop using religion every time you speak publicly. If there is a god, his influence on the result in sporting events is probably at the bottom of the priority list. 🙄
BTW, cult as a pejorative has religious overtones in our day. Jim Jones... Branch Davidians... Heaven's Gate.... So you hardly should have been triggered like you were.

VN Store

Back