'25 GA OT Josh Petty (Georgia Tech commit)

Sure thing. You think there aren’t extenuating circumstances that are keeping a “5 star” OL’s options down to GT and FSU? Kid is literally less than 260 pounds. Has trouble keeping weight on. Some teams have a concern about a previous hip injury. That’s why the SEC teams backed off. His body most likely won’t stand up to the rigors of conference play. Go to the ACC, play a lighter style of game, hope you stay healthy and get a decent education for life after football.
Maybe, just maybe, the kid likes those schools. If I were a recruit, I would’ve picked TN even in our worst years. Maybe he grew up a GT fan and watched nothing but ACC football. Or maybe he drives responsibly and that is enough to eliminate your team

Maybe, just maybe, the kid likes those schools. If I were a recruit, I would’ve picked TN even in our worst years. Maybe he grew up a GT fan and watched nothing but ACC football. Or maybe he drives responsibly and that is enough to eliminate your team
Said nothing about my team. Or yours for that matter. The kid doesn’t have a committable offer from either side. Maybe, just maybe, you could just accept that I brought a valid point to the board and get over it.

Said nothing about my team. Or yours for that matter. The kid doesn’t have a committable offer from either side. Maybe, just maybe, you could just accept that I brought a valid point to the board and get over it.
You didn’t bring up a valid point. He’s a good kid with his head on his shoulders straight, he likes GT for a variety of reasons, has nothing to do with not wanting to play “big boy football”. GTFO.

Looks like he's GT bound. Honestly, if we're going to lose him, I'm not mad at losing him to GT. I want that program to be strong again. I've always, low-key, liked Georgia Tech. I've been to a couple of games at Bobby-Dodd Stadium and it's a cool, unique experience!
Georgia Tech, the golden retriever of CFB

Looks like he's GT bound. Honestly, if we're going to lose him, I'm not mad at losing him to GT. I want that program to be strong again. I've always, low-key, liked Georgia Tech. I've been to a couple of games at Bobby-Dodd Stadium and it's a cool, unique experience!
They were fun to watch when they ran the wishbone, was that when Pepper Rogers was coach?

Nice to hear. It's seemed for a long time like Sanders was a lock for us, but after Vonn Bell I will never take a recruiting battle against OSU for granted
Lol. The fact that Dooley was our coach then and Heupel is our coach now means that these two situations are not even in the same universe.

That’s a name from long a go. He was Lou Holtz before Lou. He was always a funny interview 😂
You mean this guy???

rock and roll lol GIF by TV Land Classic

Ever attended a game there? Average attendance 37,733.

Campus in the middle of a bad part of Atlanta bordering a 14 lane interstate.

70% male student body and the female options aren’t all good looks and good times.

Is that enough?

The anti-big city vibes from this board are something. Be smart like you need to be in all big cities.

I’m not sure about GT student population but ATL overall has some serious talent.

GT is a very good academic institution, especially in the engineering disciplines. They also have an excellent accounting program, a friend of mine who ran one of Atlanta’s largest CPA firms before he died got to the point of only hiring GT and UT grads (among others) he said the UGA grads just were not prepared well for the exam or the practice.

But the football program is basically Vanderbilt on steroids with better fan support

I think Brent Key is a good football coach. Obviously being in the ACC and having their academic curriculum puts a bit of a ceiling on their program but there is no reason, being in Atlanta, that they should be as bad as they have been. They should finish in the Top half of the ACC every year.

I think Brent Key is a good football coach. Obviously being in the ACC and having their academic curriculum puts a bit of a ceiling on their program but there is no reason, being in Atlanta, that they should be as bad as they have been. They should finish in the Top half of the ACC every year.
Paul Johnson coached at GT for eleven years. He took them to 9 bowl games, he won the division 4 times and went to the ACC Championship game 3 times! He also beat Georgia 3 times in that period, not to mention giving us an absolute fit in the Kickoff Classic a few years ago! GT has a relatively low ceiling, but that program has proven it can be successful in its own right!

VN Store

Back