'25 GA OT Josh Petty (Georgia Tech commit)

As much as I dislike Vanderbilt, please do not insult them so shamelessly. The SEC’s worst program is better than the ACC’s worst program. Georgia Tech is the ACC’s worst program.
I think that would probably go to Wake Forest recently. I didn't realize that SMU was part of the ACC now as well

Ever attended a game there? Average attendance 37,733.

Campus in the middle of a bad part of Atlanta bordering a 14 lane interstate.

70% male student body and the female options aren’t all good looks and good times.

Is that enough?
If you think Tech's campus is in a bad part of Atlanta you really haven't spent any time in Atlanta or Tech. Mercedes Benz and you have an argument. but tech is pretty isolated from the bad parts.

been up and down that part of the city plenty of times at night, never once had an issue. Anything north of North, pretty much all of Tech, and you are in a good spot.

Georgia Tech sucked because they ran the triple option for a decade in the wrong century.. What's Vanderbilts excuse? Seems like any vanderbilt support for athletics was lost after the football scandal that James Franklin lied about.

Regardless this is a weird debate. Apples n oranges, who cares? I hope tech builds back and gives the pups hell
It's just an asinine comparison to be made between Tech and Vandy that is verifiably wrong.

Georgia Tech is 165-139 since 2000, Vandy is 96-191. And honestly our record is not a whole lot better than Tech's over that time period, albeit we play in a tougher conference. We are 39th in winning percentage since 2000, Tech is 48th and Vandy on the other hand is 120th.

I’m sorry. I should have stuck closer to the point I wished to make. GA Tech has been far from Vanderbilt on steroids. They have had one winning season in the past 6 years. It was 7-5. I believe the ACC has been terribly weaker than the SEC during the span.

Over the past 20 years, Vanderbilt had James Franklin and was a very respectable team for a few years. Ga Tech had a really good season with 11 wins, but from my perspective, 9 win Vandy in the SEC would have been an 11 win team in the ACC. I think if anything, the two schools have been equal this century.

I’m happy to have read these comments and i shouldn’t hate on Ga Tech. I hope they can regain their position as one of the top ACC teams, as they were in the 90’s. They were the only ACC team who could give FSU a scare in the mid 90’s and the fact that they never won any of those games is probably why I have a lower opinion of them than guys who were watching college football in 1990 and earlier.
Since 1960 Vanderbilt has finished .500 or above seven times. SEVEN. The high water mark being your aforementioned pair of James Franklin 9-4 seasons. In that same time frame, they finished with 4 wins or less 45 times, with the majority of those (27) being 0, 1, or 2 wins, and only 9 of those 45 years were 4 wins. So 70% of their seasons since 1960 have been 4 wins or fewer. 40% have been 2 wins or fewer. Less than 11% have been winning seasons. Woof.

Since 1960 GT has finished .500 or better 42 times. They had a national championship in 1990, 4 total nattys in their history. Since 1960 they had 7 or more wins 30 times. Three 11 win seasons, and one 10 win season. They finished with 4 wins or fewer 10 times. 65% of their seasons since 1960 have been winning seasons.

Tell me again how Vanderbilt compares favorably to GT……

Since 1960 Vanderbilt has finished .500 or above seven times. SEVEN. The high water mark being your aforementioned pair of James Franklin 9-4 seasons. In that same time frame, they finished with 4 wins or less 45 times, with the majority of those (27) being 0, 1, or 2 wins, and only 9 of those 45 years were 4 wins. So 70% of their seasons since 1960 have been 4 wins or fewer. 40% have been 2 wins or fewer. Less than 11% have been winning seasons. Woof.

Since 1960 GT has finished .500 or better 42 times. They had a national championship in 1990, 4 total nattys in their history. Since 1960 they had 7 or more wins 30 times. Three 11 win seasons, and one 10 win season. They finished with 4 wins or fewer 10 times. 65% of their seasons since 1960 have been winning seasons.

Tell me again how Vanderbilt compares favorably to GT……

That’s a loaded question. How can two teams that suck at football compare favorably in football? The comparison is that they’re both bad, only one has had the guts to stay with the SEC. I won’t entertain what happened when they were independent. GT has yet to accomplish anything since the invention of the conference championship game.

That’s a loaded question. How can two teams that suck at football compare favorably in football? The comparison is that they’re both bad, only one has had the guts to stay with the SEC. I won’t entertain what happened when they were independent. GT has yet to accomplish anything since the invention of the conference championship game.
You do know crap and have no clue why GT left the SEC but they were at the top of the conference when they left and where fighting for the student athlete against who else but the lying and cheating Bear and Bama who lied to Tennessee’s favorite son Bobby Dodd. Learn the truth before spouting off stupid crap that so many have already shown you to be the D4H when it comes to this subject.

You do know crap and have no clue why GT left the SEC but they were at the top of the conference when they left and where fighting for the student athlete against who else but the lying and cheating Bear and Bama who lied to Tennessee’s favorite son Bobby Dodd. Learn the truth before spouting off stupid crap that so many have already shown you to be the D4H when it comes to this subject.

Oh, you were waiting for that one.. Why don’t you try watching the last 30 years of college football and try to catch up on how everyone has been doing. This is a TN forum and I’m not going to stroke your ego over what you remember from 60 years ago about a program that made an idiotic decision.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back