'25 GA OT Josh Petty (Georgia Tech commit)

Good for him and good for Tech. It was a matter of time before they started getting some good kids.
1. PJ ran a gimmick offense-very few talented kids wanted to play there. It was particularly bad for O-line because the techniques were reliant upon cut blocks, etc. No development for next level. It was like playing at AF or Navy. This set them back years.
2. Collins was a clown. Nobody locally ever bought his schtick. Butch vibes.
3. Key shows promise. Good pedigree (saban, O'Leary were mentors). Developed quality O-line at Bama. Played O-line himself.
4. My hunch is their NIL is not elite, but there are some deep-pocketed Tech alums. They are organizing and there's some alignment behind Key. Combine NIL with development and good players will come.
5. There is simply too much talent in the immediate vicinity.
6. It's a really nice degree and opens a lot of doors after football.
7. Key's culture and the academics will appeal to some families.

They won't challenge for the CFP anytime soon, but they will get better. Agree with many in this thread that Kirby needs to be challenged in-state for recruits. Not sure this kid was ever truly on UGA radar (he's pretty thin), but the I like the fact that the Jackets have some momentum.

BTW, if Key ever gets it rolling, night games at Bobby Dodd are really fun. Check it out some time....when the Vols aren't playing.

Good for him and good for Tech. It was a matter of time before they started getting some good kids.
1. PJ ran a gimmick offense-very few talented kids wanted to play there. It was particularly bad for O-line because the techniques were reliant upon cut blocks, etc. No development for next level. It was like playing at AF or Navy. This set them back years.
3. Key shows promise. Good pedigree (saban, O'Leary were mentors). Developed quality O-line at Bama. Played O-line himself.
4. My hunch is their NIL is not elite, but there are some deep-pocketed Tech alums. They are organizing and there's some alignment behind Key. Combine NIL with development and good players will come.

They won't challenge for the CFP anytime soon, but they will get better. Agree with many in this thread that Kirby needs to be challenged in-state for recruits. Not sure this kid was ever truly on UGA radar (he's pretty thin), but the I like the fact that the Jackets have some momentum.

BTW, if Key ever gets it rolling, night games at Bobby Dodd are really fun. Check it out some time....when the Vols aren't playing.
Especially those Thursday night games and the skyline view of Atlanta from the stadium is hard to beat.

Ever attended a game there? Average attendance 37,733.

Campus in the middle of a bad part of Atlanta bordering a 14 lane interstate.

70% male student body and the female options aren’t all good looks and good times.

Is that enough?
Looks like Petty didn't get the memo about the student body ratio.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

One of the most fun games I’ve ever been to was FSU v. Tech at Bobby Dodd in 2015. Huge second half comeback for Tech. Kick return to set up a game winning FG. We rushed the field with the students. Most orderly and polite field rushing ever.

Just my 2 cents.
I think we look back at this time as the golden era for these kids. I think before too long NIL/schools are going to put performance expectations clauses in these deals.
Texas is paying Arch Manning like a 5* starting QB but is he really living up to that?
I honestly do not think so. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Just my 2 cents.
I think we look back at this time as the golden era for these kids. I think before too long NIL/schools are going to put performance expectations clauses in these deals.
Texas is paying Arch Manning like a 5* starting QB but is he really living up to that?
You can’t do that right now legally. It can’t be performance based.

Reactions: WesTnVol
Just my 2 cents.
The golden era for players will be when revenue sharing starts

Yes, and I think that’s when the performance clauses start. The schools are desperate to not go the collective bargaining route. They don’t want to open their revenue books up to be looked at as to determine proper revenue sharing %
If they are forced too then think that’s when they will want some type of protection via performance clauses.
I believe the House settlement model is 20/22% growing to 30% by year ten. The schools want to include (cost of scholarship,rooms,food, etc) to reach a 50% revenue sharing goal. But as I stated earlier “ let’s see the books”

VN Store

Back